Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crypto debit cards latest?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Because it goes down doesn’t mean there is manipulation though
    Every market is manipulate to some degree.
    If you can find me one that isn't, I'll sell everything and pour money into it.

The price structure in the charts suggested there was manipulation. This latest info appears to confirm it.
    I am happy that I did not buy MCO at ICO and that I applied for a card when I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Large increase in value of my MCO holdings so I guess it's a good time to convert to CRO. But is it true that MCO is now pegged to CRO?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

el diablo wrote: »
    Large increase in value of my MCO holdings so I guess it's a good time to convert to CRO. But is it true that MCO is now pegged to CRO?

It effectively is, because CDC are guaranteeing a minimum conversion rate, and there is no reason for it to go higher than that rate (as it is clear they will kill it in a few months).

Details here: https://blog.crypto.com/important-announcement-mco-swap/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

If it's not staked you can transfer it out to Binance then exchange it, you'd get more for it than this fixed deal to CRO + 20%

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

If it's not staked you can transfer it out to Binance then exchange it, you'd get more for it than this fixed deal to CRO + 20%

It's currently staked and locked in.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement

Yeah, mine was too. I didn't stack any MCO. You've no choice but accept the rate and convert.

I'm worried now about CRO I've a good bit in 3 month earn and it could be worth a lot less when it finishes. With the rate they're giving it looks like they're expecting it to drop

Same boat here. Will keep staking with my discounted buy-in of 1500 CRO approx.

Early buyers of MCO will be very angry though. For others, lots of rage around the move, but watch it subside as the CRO price magically starts to drop over time making a buy-in cheaper (C.com have > 80% of the supply).

Approx $200 for Red and $2k for Green are entry levels they'll aim for long term for their debit cards I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Have transferred all of my unstaked CRO and MCO into USDT for the short term. It looks like there could be a correction in the CRO price in the next few weeks until this is resolved.

And actually ... the CEO just announced at an AMA that the CRO card staking requirements will be on fifth of what was originally announced (meaning the EUR cost is slightly lower than it was with MCO).

Edit: new staking amounts now on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,645 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Bob24 wrote: »
    And actually ... the CEO just announced at an AMA that the CRO card staking requirements will be on fifth of what was originally announced (meaning the EUR cost is slightly lower than it was with MCO).

Exit: new staking amounts now on the website.

If the staking requirements stay at current MCO equivalent as you have mentioned...
    Thats the Mrs moving away from coinbase at last!
    She never liked binance, and kraken always left her nervous :P

• Advertisement

banie01 wrote: »
    If the staking requirements stay at current MCO equivalent as you have mentioned...
    Thats the Mrs moving away from coinbase at last!
    She never liked binance, and kraken always left her nervous :P

Especially since CRO is now dropping; in euro terms the cards haven’t been that cheap in a while :-)

I think they messed-up though and not sure what’s coming next. If CRO keeps dropping they’ll likely have to increase the the amounts again but it would be awful PR.

Card arrived.
    It's gorgeous though Irish websites do not like it.
    Adding it to Curve gets rid of that problem.
    Two cashback amounts went through immediately.
    I am happy so far.

Card arrived.
    It's gorgeous though Irish websites do not like it.
    Adding it to Curve gets rid of that problem.
    Two cashback amounts went through immediately.
    I am happy so far.

Which websites if you don’t mind saying?

For the most part I didn’t have any problem. Only my Vodafone online topup refused to work last month (after working fine before).

Anyone got the swipe card? Does it work with Google pay? The rewards are now pretty close to the Crypto.com card

Which websites if you don’t mind saying?

For the most part I didn’t have any problem. Only my Vodafone online topup refused to work last month (after working fine before).
    Phone bill was one.
    Anyone got the swipe card? Does it work with Google pay? The rewards are now pretty close to the Crypto.com card
    The Blue card is halfway between Jade and Ruby on crypto.com.
    It's very appealing, but I want to see how/if they offer staking and something like earn.

Plus, crypto.com will need to reply. 2% cashback and rebates for Amazon Prime + Netflix + Spotify for 300 spx is really good. You need several thousand euro in cro staked to get amazon prime for example.

Anyone have a referral link for swipe card?

Gomo payment from my crypto.com card didn't process today.
    Card number was returned as invalid and trying to pay manually generated a contact issuer message with codes 61, 338.

Not a huge issue and one I'd guess is related to Gomo and country coding but I'll update when I find out.

Card number was returned as invalid and trying to pay manually generated a contact issuer message with codes 61, 338.

Not a huge issue and one I'd guess is related to Gomo and country coding but I'll update when I find out.
    Use Curve to get around it.

Ditched curve a few months back, it's not much of an issue and already flagged it up to support.

The Blue card is halfway between Jade and Ruby on crypto.com.
    It's very appealing, but I want to see how/if they offer staking and something like earn.

Plus, crypto.com will need to reply. 2% cashback and rebates for Amazon Prime + Netflix + Spotify for 300 spx is really good. You need several thousand euro in cro staked to get amazon prime for example.

Anyone have a referral link for swipe card?

Am I missing something here? I only see "Saffron" and a "Slate Metal" cards on swipe's website: https://www.swipe.io/cards

Edit: ah OK, I just saw they announced new offers today which are not yet on the website. Looks much improved indeed.

Strange, the only issue I has with the Vodafone - don't know what the story is with mobile companies and CDC :-D (I suspect this might have to do with Wirecard being frown upon by some payment processors though, hopefully they can move on to another provider or to issuing their own cards ASAP).

• Advertisement

Do you know if crypto.com or curve have any plans of working with Google pay? I've been using Revolut for ages and have a crypto card already shipped and plan to move most of my day to day transactions from Revolut to CDC for cash back

Got my Ruby crypto.com card in the post today

Do you know if crypto.com or curve have any plans of working with Google pay? I've been using Revolut for ages and have a crypto card already shipped and plan to move most of my day to day transactions from Revolut to CDC for cash back

CDC already supports Apple/Google Pay in the US and have said a few times that they are working on it for Europe, but they never gave any timeline.

I fear this might be on hold until they move away from Wirecard though.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭macker64

Got my Ruby crypto.com card in the post today

From the time the card went "issued" in the app, how long before the card arrived?

macker64 wrote: »
    From the time the card went "issued" in the app, how long before the card arrived?

3 weeks

Anyone know if I can get the CDC 10% cashback in Lidl using the card with curve? Or do I need to use the card itself. I was thinking about adding the card to curve for the missus and holding onto the CDC card for myself

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

Am I missing something here? I only see "Saffron" and a "Slate Metal" cards on swipe's website: https://www.swipe.io/cards

Edit: ah OK, I just saw they announced new offers today which are not yet on the website. Looks much improved indeed.

whats sxp trading at in fiat?

Anyone got a swipe.io referral code?
    Might as well help a lad out if I'm gonna chance getting the card ;)

Anyone know if I can get the CDC 10% cashback in Lidl using the card with curve? Or do I need to use the card itself. I was thinking about adding the card to curve for the missus and holding onto the CDC card for myself

Fwiw, I used the card with curve to pay a bill and got the cashback. It looks like Lidl may work alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Anyone got a swipe.io referral code?
    Might as well help a lad out if I'm gonna chance getting the card ;)

Think jimnii has one

Advertisement