Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your favourite piece of technology that you bought in the last 5 years?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,083 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Nintendo switch hands down playing Skyrim on the bus is great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

My line6 Helix.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Torque?
    I don't have any. :DNah this guy

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

I have a Lenovo P2 and the battery gives great performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

My Sony mirrorless camera. I love it. Having in-camera stabilisation and auto eye focus has made things so much easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭jetsonx

I'd definitely avoid bluetooth when it comes to speakers and headphones. Bluetooth compresses the audio even further and gives you worse sound quality than wired.

Never knew but is there an alternative besides woefully unreliable Airplay?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

jetsonx wrote: »
    Never knew but is there an alternative besides woefully unreliable Airplay?

Nope. Wired FTW for now.

Bluetooth is fine for 99% of people, and the other 1% only like to think they can hear a difference.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Bluetooth is fine for 99% of people, and the other 1% only like to think they can hear a difference.
    If we could put a man on the moon using a computer that was programmed by threading tiny wires though magnets, by hand, why do we still have Bluetooth lag ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

If we could put a man on the moon using a computer that was programmed by threading tiny wires though magnets, by hand, why do we still have Bluetooth lag ?
    There is no Bluetooth lag, do you have any incontrovertible proof of this? :pac:
    Mine would be ring cams, smart lights and Spotify all hooked up to Alexa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,662 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Memory Foam Mattress, still perfectly flat and as comfy years later, feels a shame to every replace it, though I've always protected it.

Synology NAS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Donie75

Apple Airpods - just so handy.
    Nest - my house is never cold
    Alexa connected to my Bose speaker

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

MOSFET memory when it was introduced was 50% slower than core memory.

Core memory was hugely labour-intensive to manufacture.

Mainframes back in the day...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

NIMAN wrote: »
    How are you listening to them?
    On CD?
    KungPao wrote: »
    Fleshlight.

Only drawback was I had to get an extra long one custom made.

It was worth the investment.

Bloody heck: fleshlights can play music now? Talk about feature creep!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,985 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

mikhail wrote: »
    Bloody heck: fleshlights can play music now? Talk about feature creep!

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭boardz

Logitech Circle 2 security camera. Download app - plug in - connect to your wifi - picture available anywhere on your phone/laptop. Rolling 24 hours web based recording included ... subscription option available but I don't need it. Only records movement and has a handy feature where it will fast-play the last 24 hours. Got it 100 euro cheaper on amazon than advertised in Currys. Haven't had time to permanently install them but they are covering front and back of house just hanging in the blinds for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jcro

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I live in an apartment and got a robot vacuum that mops too, life changing

Hi . Would you like to share which one you settled on?. I live in an apartment and I too would like to get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

boardz wrote: »
    Logitech Circle 2 security camera. Download app - plug in - connect to your wifi - picture available anywhere on your phone/laptop. Rolling 24 hours web based recording included ... subscription option available but I don't need it. Only records movement and has a handy feature where it will fast-play the last 24 hours. Got it 100 euro cheaper on amazon than advertised in Currys. Haven't had time to permanently install them but they are covering front and back of house just hanging in the blinds for now.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,867 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

My Kobo Forma ereader, pricey compared to others but such a great reading experience, the 8" screen is a joy to look at:

hUhtzTV.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Fan assisted barbeque. Would never go back, uses a very small amount of charcoal and is ready to cook on in a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Ush1 wrote: »
    Fan assisted barbeque. Would never go back, uses a very small amount of charcoal and is ready to cook on in a few minutes.

what make / model?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

ablelocks wrote: »
    what make / model?

Berndes I think it is, it's available on Amazon but I got it from Heatons last summer for 25 quid. Absolute bargain.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Nikon D7500.

Takes great photos if you know what you're doing and can record 4k.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 foxes

bought more than 5 yrs ago but a Logitech Squeezebox internet radio- 6 presets, tiny little screen and a dial wheel. Been sitting on top of the microwave in the kitchen for close to 10 yrs now and absolutely no problems. Used every day, can search for channels based on music genre, region, cities or just band name for repeated mixes of a bands music. Only speakers I have better in the house are Bose, knocks everything else into a tin hat. Alexa - can't be arsed talking to a box that has terrible sound, Sonos - the same or I need to find my phone to change music - can't be arsed. Have constantly thought it was knackered but just TIOTIO and away it goes again. rarely turned off, no problem with wifi despite being on a microwave thats turned on and in a kitchen extension so wifi goes though external walls. Bought a few replacements but always relegated them to the kids. Honestly the little internet radio on the microwave makes my life better!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,993 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

boardz wrote: »

What about power?
    Is it sore on batteries?

Do you have yours mounted inside or out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

iamstop wrote: »
    Nikon D7500.

Takes great photos if you know what you're doing and can record 4k.

I've been doing a lot of city travels in the last few years and got tired of the bulk of a DSLR so went for a high end 'point and shoot' & got a Canon G7X MkII and haven't looked back.

Enjoy the D7500, nice piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

My car with an unnecessary large petrol engine, go **** yourself Elon musk! :)

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

A Jura Z8 Bean to Cup coffee machine.

Special mention to my Microsoft Surface Book 2. The build quality of a Mac device, without the frustrations and limitation of the Mac OS.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

My car with an unnecessary large petrol engine, go **** yourself Elon musk! :)
    Falcon Heavy takes over three hundred thousand litres of diesel per fill.

Advertisement