Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your favourite piece of technology that you bought in the last 5 years?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭greasepalm

The Nal wrote: »
    rBVaR1rdicSAed5-AAHZBKM7Pq4120.jpg

Do you need to thumb a lift often:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Definitely my Nintendo switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭moonage

A 1.21 gigawatt flux capacitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Roland sh101 original.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I bought a stairlift on one of those dodgy Chinese websites but it only let me down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

My tablet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

A projection bedside clock - it displays the time on the ceiling.

I wake up often during the night and the need to know the time would usually prevent me from going back asleep, the head turning required to see the clock on my locker would be enough to ensure that I was then wide awake - at whatever hour it is.

Now with the projection I only have to open my eyes a peep, see what time it is on the ceiling and go back to sleep. Minimal movement required and the brain stays in sleepy mode.

It's a game changer, and a simple one at that.:)

My iPad Pro. Didn’t realise how good a proper stylus could be and it also showed me that iOS was usable for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

My robot lawblnmower, three seasons ago and still going strong, my lawn has never looked so good, it does a better job that I ever did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭maninasia

Noise cancelling headphones, especially for flights but also noisy street. My all in one coffee grinder and maker fresh coffee from beans everyday , if you use something everyday and enjoy it it's got to be a good buy. My Samsung smart tv has been fantastic easily switching between Netflix, YouTube ,TV.and browser.. Dehumidifiers work well for preventing allergies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

55-inch OLED smart tv. Well strictly speaking it was bought by my siblings for my 40th birthday...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

The Nvidia shield TV, it's just outstanding!

This. Absolutely. Easily 99% of our TV usage over the past three years have been through ours. Between Plex, YouTube, Netflix etc, and GeForce Now.

The Harmony is a great remote too, particularly because it interacts with the room lights etc.

Would be lost without my Kindle too.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

maninasia wrote: »
    Noise cancelling headphones, especially for flights but also noisy street. My all in one coffee grinder and maker fresh coffee from beans everyday , if you use something everyday and enjoy it it's got to be a good buy. My Samsung smart tv has been fantastic easily switching between Netflix, YouTube ,TV.and browser.. Dehumidifiers work well for preventing allergies.

The concept of a favourite seems to have been lost on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

HTC One M8
    Got it roughly 5 years ago and it's still going strong. HTC make quality smartphones, it's a shame they've fallen so far behind Samsung and Apple in terms of sales.

Beyerdynamic DT990
    Quality headphones that let you hear so much detail in the music. Great value at under €200.

Samsung Galaxy Fit e
    This cheap and simple tracker is my latest technology purchase. Very happy with it so far.

The Nvidia shield TV, it's just outstanding!

I would have said that too up to recently, but for the past 6 months I don’t think I’ve used it for anything you wouldn’t just use a Chromecast for.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Jabra elite earbuds they are amazing

I’d love to buy a proper set of earbuds with good sound and noise cancelling (well, as much as you can have with buds) but none of them have anything to hold them in your ears any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Various bluetooth speakers.
    Very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

I'd definitely avoid bluetooth when it comes to speakers and headphones. Bluetooth compresses the audio even further and gives you worse sound quality than wired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭H.20v3

Brushless 18v sds drill if that counts as tech

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

I would have said that too up to recently, but for the past 6 months I don’t think I’ve used it for anything you wouldn’t just use a Chromecast for.

You're definitely not going it right :p

The Shield comes alive when you start gaming on it, retro emulators, Android games and PC games using geforce now and Gamestream. It's also the best IPTV player for live TV streams. I find we nowadays use nothing else but the Shield. We have an Enigma satellite combo box for saorview and Freesat and a Logitech Harmony remote but mostly just stream the TV channels to the Shield using Dream Player app as it's less hassle

You're definitely not going it right :p

The Shield comes alive when you start gaming on it, retro emulators, Android games and PC games using geforce now and Gamestream. It's also the best IPTV player for live TV streams. I find we nowadays use nothing else but the Shield. We have an Enigma satellite box and a Logitech Harmony remote but mostly just stream the TV channels to the Shield using Dream Player app as it's less hassle

Maybe it’s changed lately but I never seen a single game I wanted to play on it any time I looked. First person shooters and those ad riddled driving sims. I don’t even know if streaming gaming would work for me anyway.
    I don’t have an IPTV subscription either so have never used it for that. Is that a hooky thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Zgemma H92S 4K sat receiver.

Love it so much I bought two more.

That and the hydraulic trolley jack I got in Aldi yesterday for €25.Nice....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Maybe it’s changed lately but I never seen a single game I wanted to play on it any time I looked. First person shooters and those ad riddled driving sims. I don’t even know if streaming gaming would work for me anyway.
    I don’t have an IPTV subscription either so have never used it for that. Is that a hooky thing?

You should check out Retrox for emulation of all the older consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Tech 21 dug pinnick signature preamp

Game changer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭H.20v3

Tech 21 dug pinnick signature preamp

Game changer

My dog loves the stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

H.20v3 wrote: »
    My dog loves the stuff

Your dog is a beast

You should check out Retrox for emulation of all the older consoles

Now you’re talking :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

Alexa linked with Spotify.

Any song. Any time.

Don’t give a **** if she is listening and targeting adds. Hopefully it’s stuff I want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

My smart home set up, between smart speakers, screens, lightbulbs, door bell, cameras around the side and back of house they are the business.

Advertisement