Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your favourite piece of technology that you bought in the last 5 years?

Options
  • 23-02-2020 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

Philips fidelio x2hr headphones . Imagine listening to your favourite album and having the band play that album live just for you. That's how great these headphones are

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

There's very little tech I bother with these days.
    However a recently bought smart TV has really impressed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Philips fidelio x2hr headphones . Imagine listening to your favourite album and having the band play that album live just for you. That's how great these headphones are

What band were you listening to.?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭BurnUp78

Absolutely love my Huawei p30 Pro. Amazing battery life, really good screen and camera and solid all round build quality. I also like their skin over android never understood the hate it gets.

Nintendo switch because the abiltity to play top quality games on the go while also functioning as a fully fledged home console.

Dell XPS 13. Super fast and fluid laptop that's small and light and kind of makes my high end desktop PC a deadweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭badabing106

Jeff2 wrote: »
    What band were you listening to.?
    Every album sounded better. You hear 50% more detail. Even albums I didn't initially like,
    In rainbows by radiohead, thought it was naff until I listened to it with proper headphones

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

My kindle, it goes everywhere with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Got a lovely abacus the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Power multi-tool
    Replaces saws and chisels in many cases, especially where using other power tools would be difficult. Great for cutting around skirting boards and architrave.

61zg7tQCJ4L._AC_SX522_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

I bought a wheelbarrow. Very impressed with it, so I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Every album sounded better. You hear 50% more detail. Even albums I didn't initially like,
    In rainbows by radiohead, thought it was naff until I listened to it with proper headphones

Far from bloody naff. 'Weird Fishes' is so intricate, love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭feelthepower

Probably my new 86 inch TV which cost me 2600. Money well spent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,998 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

How are you listening to them?
    On CD?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Fleshlight.

Only drawback was I had to get an extra long one custom made.

It was worth the investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

My kindle.

Super device. Very easy on the eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,808 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Got a lovely abacus the other day

You can always count on an abacus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

I fitted a remote central locking kit to my 89 carina. Life changer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Vita nova wrote: »
    Power multi-tool
    Replaces saws and chisels in many cases, especially where using other power tools would be difficult. Great for cutting around skirting boards and architrave.

Nice range of accessories,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

I fitted a remote central locking kit to my 89 carina. Life changer.

Had to look up what a "carina" is.

Nice upgrade, the best part of "fitting it your self" is the "I did that myself" part.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Vita nova

old_aussie wrote: »
    Nice range of accessories,
    Actually, that's just a random photo from the internet, the one I bought was a Bosch but had a similar range of accessories.
    It's one of those tools that once you start using it, you ask yourself how did I manage without it.

Google Nest Heating.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A baby buggy in V de P so I can carry heavy stuff from a to b ….. a liberation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

rBVaR1rdicSAed5-AAHZBKM7Pq4120.jpg

Firestick...so much functionality for so little outlay.
    or
    live traffic information for my car's built-in GPS is hugely useful to me. I have a number of routes I will use to work depending on what the GPS is telling me saving me a couple of minutes on the trip.
    or
    remote pre-heating in Winter too

But for best bang for the buck it is definitely the Firestick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I bought a clock radio for the bedroom. Leave the phone outside to charge. Reading far more as a result and find I sleep far better.

Bit of a hipster answer but there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Mine is 3 items really that kind of came together....

Garmin forerunner 25
    Garmin edge-25 that was upgraded 2 years later with a
    garmin edge 520

Until I bought these I used to just go cycling and running and didnt record anything ... i found after i started recording and putting on strava i can really see details and friends i can compare my fitness with and push myslef ...

I'm sure theres a ton more stuff I could do with these but haven't yet .....I did accidentally find out my Garmin 520 can adjust my smart turbo trainer resistance and can recreate rides on it I've done on real spins which is cool.

It's also pushed me to get out more when i can see others getting out which has helped my mental health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

The Nvidia shield TV, it's just outstanding!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Vita nova wrote: »

Apart from the branding and the colour of the power switch, that is identical to the Aldi one. Must be the same manufacturer.

My best buy, tech wise, has been a robot vacuum cleaner. It vacuums the living, dining and kitchen areas every day. All I have to do is empty the collection bin every couple of days. I've a dog which constantly sheds and the robot has literally saved me a couple of hours of manual vacuuming and dusting every single week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Would have to be my Garmin Forerunner. Would love decent headphones but can't afford them right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Need to pick up a multi-tool, thanks for the reminder.

I'm struggling to think of much "tech" bought in the last few years.

Most useful is probably the Harmony remote - it saves 4-5 remotes floating i.e. getting lost, around the living room.

The Xiaomi smart home/alarm gateway thing is pretty cool too.

KungPao wrote: »
    Fleshlight.

Only drawback was I had to get an extra long one custom made.

It was worth the investment.

A novel way to store your dildo.

• Advertisement

Apple Airpods.

Advertisement