Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury II - February 22nd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

Draw
    5am or after.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Draw
    Detontay is a dosser, he's getting sparked out, 100%

8th round

I hope so. But no I disagree.

Draw
    OmegaGene wrote: »
    This is where I saw the 4am but I think it’s nonsense

Nonsense is right it'll be around 5am. Possibly later.

• Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭SAM SO NITE

Draw
    Lads Wilder was ahead on a judges scorecard in the last fight even though the consensus is he was fairly beaten. " fury on points" is a good shout if fight was on in UK.

Fury knows this. I think fury needs to get him out of there as the best he gets is another draw if it goes the distance.

Wilder KO 5-8 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭badabing106

Lads Wilder was ahead on a judges scorecard in the last fight even though the consensus is he was fairly beaten. " fury on points" is a good shout if fight was on in UK.

Fury knows this. I think fury needs to get him out of there as the best he gets is another draw if it goes the distance.

Wilder KO 5-8 for me.

Yes. Even if Fury were to win this fight comfortably on points, he would lose on a "split" decision

Also,what is the state of furys eye? It is probably going to open up early . Fury has to have a gameplan to deal with that

I can't see this going the distance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    Lads Wilder was ahead on a judges scorecard in the last fight even though the consensus is he was fairly beaten. " fury on points" is a good shout if fight was on in UK..

Rumours today about Fury's cut having opened up in sparring. Given the huge orifice he had in his face I think that might be the reasoning behind him putting on weight - to try to end the fight before the cut opens. It's gotta be a huge worry for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    Wilder KO's Fury in the 9th/10th round.

Fury got away with it in the first fight. He won't this time. I want Fury to win but all signs point to him panned out on the floor near the end of the fight. With the extra weight he's going to make a mistake and Wilder will clock him.

Those who think Fury will KO Wilder needs their heads examined. :pac:

Ya know what I hope i'm wrong I'd love to see Wilder KO'd!:D

Sure what do you know about boxing.

Arm chair fan comment.

• Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭SAM SO NITE

Draw
    Yes. Even if Fury were to win this fight comfortably on points, he would lose on a "split" decision

Also,what is the state of furys eye? It is probably going to open up early . Fury has to have a gameplan to deal with that

I can't see this going the distance

if i was Wilder id be rubbing the corn rowed platted hair into his eyebrow in the clinch. anything to open it up. fury was visibly flustered when it happened in wallin fight. Spilling claret against wilder is a different ball game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ

Wilder KO 5-8 for me.
    Wilder's last fight was with the PBC. They'd want him to win. This is a joint promotion so the judging should be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Morrison J wrote: »
    Wilder's last fight was with the PBC. They'd want him to win. This is a joint promotion so the judging should be fair.

It may have been "fair" before but there is a lot of subjectivity in scoring bouts. Not saying some judging isn't bent but two people looking at the same fight can have a different opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

How is everyone watching the fight? Any links ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

How is everyone watching the fight? Any links ??

Youchoob in the morning nighty night zzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    if i was Wilder id be rubbing the corn rowed platted hair into his eyebrow in the clinch. anything to open it up. fury was visibly flustered when it happened in wallin fight. Spilling claret against wilder is a different ball game.

If I was Wilder I'd be avoiding clinches at all cost unless in serious trouble.
    He has no inside game to speak of himself, and Fury has shown in the past he's well able to make fighters carry his weight on the inside and land shots from there (ala the Cunningham fight).

It's difficult for guys with long arms to fight on the inside and Wilder simply can't do it very well.
    Almost all of his knockouts come while closing the distance, often when the other fighter is coming to him.
    But the few finishes he has on the inside came after he had guys out on their feet from a shot while closing the distance (Audley Harrison and Gerald Washington are examples) and he followed up with winging shots mostly missing, with a few grazing shots, enough to get the stoppage.

Wilder's best way to win this fight is just like how he's won others. Use his jab (try and target Fury's eye if possible), be patient, stay on the outside and invite Fury in, and when Fury starts to close, look to step in and land the big right hand.

Big Ears wrote: »
    If I was Wilder I'd be avoiding clinches at all cost unless in serious trouble.
    He has no inside game to speak of himself, and Fury has shown in the past he's well able to make fighters carry his weight on the inside and land shots from there (ala the Cunningham fight).

It's difficult for guys with long arms to fight on the inside and Wilder simply can't do it very well.
    Almost all of his knockouts come while closing the distance, often when the other fighter is coming to him.
    But the few finishes he has on the inside came after he had guys out on their feet from a shot while closing the distance (Audley Harrison and Gerald Washington are examples) and he followed up with winging shots mostly missing, with a few grazing shots, enough to get the stoppage.

Wilder's best way to win this fight is just like how he's won others. Use his jab (try and target Fury's eye if possible), be patient, stay on the outside and invite Fury in, and when Fury starts to close, look to step in and land the big right hand.

Yeah, in some ways the approach is more straight forward for wilder as it is the same approach as always. Just don't think he can be as patient as against ortiz as fury will come out him from a few more angles

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭megadodge

Wilder via KO/TKO/DQ
    I find it amusing when people use the word "patient" to describe Wilder's complete inability to cope with being outboxed.

megadodge wrote: »
    I find it amusing when people use the word "patient" to describe Wilder's complete inability to cope with being outboxed.

He had a complete inability to cope with being outboxed against ortiz? Yet still was composed enough to knock him out the first second he had a chance?

Wilder via KO/TKO/DQ
    He had a complete inability to cope with being outboxed against ortiz? Yet still was composed enough to knock him out the first second he had a chance?

Being outboxed for round after round is not being patient!

It's being outboxed.

Being outboxed for round after round is not being patient!

It's being outboxed.

Ortiz did zero damage man

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Wilder getting ready.

Wilder via KO/TKO/DQ
    Ortiz did zero damage man

And what exactly has that got to do with patience?

Being outboxed because your boxing skills aren't very good does not = patience.

• Advertisement

Draw
    Titclamp wrote: »
    Sure what do you know about boxing.

Arm chair fan comment.

Well here's the thing Tit. Clamp. I never claimed to be an expert. Just a casual boxing fan looking forward to the fight. Are you an expert? Please share your knowledge on the fight.

Anyway. I hope the rumours about Fury's eye injury are false. That really could be a huge problem for him in a few hours time. Hope its bull****.

And what exactly has that got to do with patience?

Being outboxed because your boxing skills aren't very good does not = patience.

My view is he was happy to let ortiz win rounds as he was biding his time to wait for the right opening. Anyway, agree to disagree mate. Enjoy the fight tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

Draw
    Hopefully Wilder knocks Fury out, Fury is really starting to annoy me now with his carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Watching on Fox, Lennox Lewis is awful on commentary.

Andre Ward excellent which doesnt surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Charles Martin’s feet move like treacle

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Charles Martin’s feet move like treacle

Ha there you go, good shot. Washington had ground to a halt the last 3 rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 54,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Draw
    Gordon Ramsay.....oh, fook off!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Draw
    Any i phone links lads . I bought the fight for €30 in my drunk state for the tv in which my mrs is sleeping... I’m a retard

walshb wrote: »
    Gordon Ramsay.....oh, fook off!!!

Was just out making toast thinking about how utterly loathsome he is. See that dinner him and bunce are having? Anyone object to poisoning it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Draw
    squinn2912 wrote: »
    Was just out making toast thinking about how utterly loathsome he is. See that dinner him and bunce are having? Anyone object to poisoning it?

Utter pr1ck is that lad!

Advertisement