Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"None of our children on the list are getting these houses"

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Boozybooze

Hate reading threads like this. Going for a mortgage as a single applicant in a couple of months and going to be paying a grand a month for twenty years while Mary pops out a kid and gets a free house in Dublin.

I can't afford Dublin so have to commute an 180 minutes in and out as well in total.

I dunno just frustrating. Can they not free up the houses for working folk and move the welfare recipients down the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

Gatling wrote: »
    It is true they get the result in the end a 4evahome and feck all rent ,5 mins walk from mammies house and the shop and the school ,

Explain why so many homeless parents are living in hotels who are homeless but still having more children while stuck in a hotel or b&b .

but it's the goberments fault rite.

You do realise that "in the end" means 12 or 15 years later?

Right, thats why they're doing it. Cause its such a short time to wait. :rolleyes:

And still not a word said about all the men who are fathering these kids into this life of welfare dependacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

J_1980 wrote: »
    Only reading the thread now.
    Hopefully Ireland takes in some of the new refugees from Turkey and houses them in council houses.
    Absolutely disgusting racist attitude by some parts of the irish society. People fleeing war and terror should get priority over lifetime spongers.

They're already in a safe country - Turkey. Why don't Turkey give them houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

AulWan wrote: »

And still not a word said about all the men who are fathering these kids into this life of welfare dependacy.

Very few are waiting 15 years and those who are have turned down properties previously ..
    Still getting hotel rooms paid for in full and have zero bills for electricity or broadband all while getting hundreds a week in welfare and child benefit,
    Or the majority of their rent paid by hap while they wait

Oh the men and sitting there isn't it great getting a gaff for nothing while we smoke and drink there lives away

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Right, thats why they're doing it. Cause its such a short time to wait. :rolleyes:

1) simply waiting a decade is a hell of a lot less effort than a mortgage, most people have to graft pretty hard for a decade to even get ready for a bank to give them the money to live 40 minutes further from their job and family.
    2) I and many other posters regularly condemn these men, they do not get an easy time from anyone here, they are complicit in the 'living alone' fraud as well as the cause of many social ills. Spongers of either gender absolutely get the grilling they deserve here, but as this thread is about housing - theres no priority for a deadbeat welfare dad on the list, there is almost nothing a working age able bodied man can do on his own to get bumped up the list or get a larger property, women hold the cards in that regard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

Not true

Single women made up 44.5 per cent of one parent mothers - CSO

Do you have any helpful stats on how long term the mothers relationships were, that resulted in children were?

Single can be unmarried, seperated, divorced or widowed.

Or are you just jumping to the conclusion that they all single mothers as a result of one night stands or short flings and they're doing it for the benefits?
    No mention of the fathers either? Very few people wake up one day and decide they're going to grow up and be a single parent.

You'd swear all these children were being born from immaculate conceptions. It gets tiresome reading over and over again how all the woes of the country are down to single parents.

If its not the housing crisis, its anti-social behaviour, blah blah blah. Mothers get the blame for it all.

You'd swear all these children were being born from immaculate conceptions.

Spanish sailor's

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭J_1980

There are 3mm+ in Turkey.
    I’m sure many get houses there.
    It’s not too much to ask to resettle 10k to Ireland. They will contribute more to society than many of the native council houses residents....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Boozybooze wrote: »
    I dunno just frustrating. Can they not free up the houses for working folk and move the welfare recipients down the country.
    No.

On the one hand you'll be told that this would create ghettos full of anti social behaviour. And in the next breath you'll be told that its ordinary working families living in social housing that dont cause anti social behaviour. So what we do is we make the net contributors live outside the cities so they can commute to work and pay the taxes which support the net recipients who take up the prime city centre real estate.

It’s not too much to ask to resettle 10k to Ireland. They will contribute more to society than many of the native council houses residents....

Considering there's a housing crisis going on, it is too much to ask actually..far too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Do you have any helpful stats on how long term the mothers relationships were, that resulted in children were?

Single can be unmarried, seperated, divorced or widowed.

Or are you just jumping to the conclusion that they all single mothers as a result of one night stands or short flings and they're doing it for the benefits?
    No mention of the fathers either? Very few people wake up one day and decide they're going to grow up and be a single parent.

You'd swear all these children were being born from immaculate conceptions. It gets tiresome reading over and over again how all the woes of the country are down to single parents.

If its not the housing crisis, its anti-social behaviour, blah blah blah. Mothers get the blame for it all.

Divorced and widowed were called out separately. It's 20 percent of single parent males that are single as well, widowhood is the largest group for these. All below

Single can be unmarried

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-cp4hf/cp4hf/fmls/

I am not blaming them, I just thought your claim.wss interesting and wanted to see if it was true. It was not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Most immigrants/refugees become workers once here ;)
    So why is it that only 40% of Africans currently living in Ireland are working?

Ireland is known worldwide to be a welfare paradise. This is the reason why asylum seekers/economic migrants traverse through other EU countries in order to get the free houses and ludicrous (unsustainable) welfare payments for life in Ireland.

Kivaro wrote: »

Ireland is known worldwide to be a welfare paradise. This is the reason why asylum seekers/economic migrants traverse through other EU countries in order to get the free houses and ludicrous (unsustainable) welfare payments for life in Ireland.

what country was in that stat pool to bump it up to 40% , nigeria sudan and the congo all have high teens / low 20% employment rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,037 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Idbatterim wrote: »
    There is this back and forth argument here about the government just enabling wasters. It flys here, it doesn’t in any other country to the same extent

certainly any underclass seems to be less obvious in other european countries apart from britain, but icouldn't verify as to how big or not, the extent and amount of such people are.
    Gatling wrote: »
    It is true they get the result in the end a 4evahome and feck all rent ,5 mins walk from mammies house and the shop and the school ,

Explain why so many homeless parents are living in hotels who are homeless but still having more children while stuck in a hotel or b&b .

but it's the goberments fault rite.

they may get a home years down the line but it won't be near their parents unless extremely lucky.
    a lot of places, probably most in dublin are a few minutes walk from a shop, i'm unsure of schools, probably not so much.
    people in hotels have children the same way as everyone else.
    Hate reading threads like this. Going for a mortgage as a single applicant in a couple of months and going to be paying a grand a month for twenty years while Mary pops out a kid and gets a free house in Dublin.

I can't afford Dublin so have to commute an 180 minutes in and out as well in total.

no, they couldn't without i suspect, massive costs either upfront or down the line. costs which i would suspect, are unjustifiable for such low populated areas of the country.
    remember, it's not the 1960s anymore, simply dumping people in an area with little to nothing will no longer fly. in fact, i would wonder if it would even breach some international law at this stage?

turkey has had enough and has opened their borders and are sending refugees to europe.
    1) simply waiting a decade is a hell of a lot less effort than a mortgage, most people have to graft pretty hard for a decade to even get ready for a bank to give them the money to live 40 minutes further from their job and family.
    2) I and many other posters regularly condemn these men, they do not get an easy time from anyone here, they are complicit in the 'living alone' fraud as well as the cause of many social ills. Spongers of either gender absolutely get the grilling they deserve here, but as this thread is about housing - theres no priority for a deadbeat welfare dad on the list, there is almost nothing a working age able bodied man can do on his own to get bumped up the list or get a larger property, women hold the cards in that regard.

simply waiting a decade, crammed into a hotel room, certainly isn't less effort then striving to get a mortgage. it's probably equal or even more in it's own way.
    it's why most people rent themselves or buy, yes they have to work, but ultimately they get the house much much quicker.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

simply waiting a decade, crammed into a hotel room, certainly isn't less effort then striving to get a mortgage. it's probably equal or even more in it's own way.
    it's why most people rent themselves or buy, yes they have to work, but ultimately they get the house much much quicker.

1) Nobody is in a hotel room more than 6 months without declining a property
    2) in no parallel universe or mental gymnastic alternate reality is these peoples self made struggle for social housing for them and their angles harder than being a proper contributing member of society and looking after your own family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

I respectfully decline your suggestion on behalf of Tipperary folks in moving wasters down to Tipperary, im not sure how other rural counties feel though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,037 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

No.

On the one hand you'll be told that this would create ghettos full of anti social behaviour. And in the next breath you'll be told that its ordinary working families living in social housing that dont cause anti social behaviour. So what we do is we make the net contributors live outside the cities so they can commute to work and pay the taxes which support the net recipients who take up the prime city centre real estate.

to be fair, we already know from experience that simply sticking social housing tenants together in an area with little to no resources and supports leads to ghettos.
    it doesn't mean all or even most individuals in those areas are bad or anti-social, it only takes a small few to cause serious issues as we knoe from experience.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Kivaro wrote: »

Well than Ireland has a welfare state problem, not an immigration problem.
    I for one rather see 10k real refugees from Turkey housed (usual not African, no idea why that came up now) than Irish “never work a day in their life” folks. 16% of irish working age households have no one working!!!!!!

they may get a home years down the line but it won't be near their parents unless extremely lucky.

Actually it's highly likely

Considering there's a housing crisis going on, it is too much to ask actually..far too much.

There is an entitlement crisis amongst the native Irish more than a housing crisis. Every unemployed Irish bum expects a 3bed semi in central Dublin....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

Only reading the thread now.
    Hopefully Ireland takes in some of the new refugees from Turkey and houses them in council houses.
    Absolutely disgusting racist attitude by some parts of the irish society. People fleeing war and terror should get priority over lifetime spongers.

People are fed up with this. Living in Europe is not basic human right, we don't have to take illegal immigrants that have traipsed through a heap of safe countries to get to a European country with decent levels of welfare.

We are not a global soup kitchen and not one non Eu citizen should be getting one red cent in state aid to live here. It’s time we got real and realise that we are a hugely indebted nation suffering from a severe housing crisis.

You and your fellow dogmatic followers can sponsor them to come live in your spare room. Practice what you preach.

There is an entitlement crisis amongst the native Irish more than a housing crisis. Every unemployed Irish bum expects a 3bed semi in central Dublin....

I would say complete strangers arriving in this country to be immediately given a house (what you wish to happen) is quite entitled too...quite privileged actually.

Why is it you hate the 'scrounging' Irish but are full of sympathy for complete strangers...whats that about?

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    People are fed up with this. Living in Europe is not basic human right, we don't have to take illegal immigrants that have traipsed through a heap of safe countries to get to a European country with decent levels of welfare.

We are not a global soup kitchen and not one non Eu citizen should be getting one red cent in state aid to live here. It’s time we got real and realise that we are a hugely indebted nation suffering from a severe housing crisis.

You and your fellow dogmatic followers can sponsor them to come live in your spare room. Practice what you preach.

I pay more in annual taxes than 95% of the population so feel like I have a fair say on how that money is spent.
    Rather spend it on genuine refugees than Wayne and Waynetta’s new state sponsored 3bed gaff to be near maaaaa and naaaaa.

I pay more in annual taxes than 95% of the population

When a Recently registered poster makes a claim like that .

The we don't believe you meter spikes

I would say complete strangers arriving in this country to be immediately given a house (what you wish to happen) is quite entitled too...quite privileged actually.

Why is it you hate the 'scrounging' Irish but are full of sympathy for complete strangers...whats that about?

One group grows up in a 1st world country with top class free education and all they come up with is leeching of the tax payer.

The other group never had such an options in life. They will contribute more to society when given a chance than group A ever will (it’s not possible to contribute less!!!!). For them social housing might be a helping hand to get somewhere in life rather than a way of life.

I pay more in annual taxes than 95% of the population so feel like I have a fair say on how that money is spent.
    Rather spend it on genuine refugees than Wayne and Waynetta’s new state sponsored 3bed gaff to be near maaaaa and naaaaa.

How do you know they're genuine refugees and not economic migrants looking to get a house off the back of your taxes?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

10,000 people-at let's say a generous 4 people per house equals 2,500 houses. Construction costs per house are about €300k which adds up to €750 million. Each of those 10,000 will then be in receipt of social transfers (including direct payments, healthcare, education, legal, social supports etc) of at least €20k per person every year which will be an ongoing annual bill of €200 million. These are conservative estimates. Their contribution to society will be negligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

to be fair, we already know from experience that simply sticking social housing tenants together in an area with little to no resources and supports leads to ghettos.
    it doesn't mean all or even most individuals in those areas are bad or anti-social, it only takes a small few to cause serious issues as we knoe from experience.
    but a small few can (and do) cause serious issues in the city centre just as they would out in the commuter belt. and if social housing was moved to the commuter belt the areas would still be a mix of social and non social housing. youre not making a case for social housing to be in the most desirable areas. the only valid argument for this is that the social housing is already there...but that's not a good enough reason to continue the policy.

sabat wrote: »
    10,000 people-at let's say a generous 4 people per house equals 2,500 houses. Construction costs per house are about €300k which adds up to €750 million. Each of those 10,000 will then be in receipt of social transfers (including direct payments, healthcare, education, legal, social supports etc) of at least €20k per person every year which will be an ongoing annual bill of €200 million. These are conservative estimates. Their contribution to society will be negligible.

They will contribute more than your average Irish welfare queen.

• Advertisement

How do you know they're genuine refugees and not economic migrants looking to get a house off the back of your taxes?

I don’t know. There’s a chance they are just economic migrants looking for free stuff, of course.
    What I do know with 100% certainty though is that ALL the protesters in the pics in the article in the first post are looking for exactly that. They see THEIR ENTITLED RIGHT to a free gaff under threat. What’s their contribution to society? Does it not matter to you because they’re white?

Advertisement