Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Summer Internships 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Coulter97

was with my friend when he got a maples call w/ offer on friday

Ah that's unfortunate. Thought my interview went well.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭amusicalfrog

Coulter97 wrote: »
    Ah that's unfortunate. Thought my interview went well.

I wouldn’t write it off yet - he got the call literally an hour after his interview and it seemed v casual. knowing him i imagine he charmed the pants off them and they wanted to nab him before another firm got him

I wouldn’t write it off yet - he got the call literally an hour after his interview and it seemed v casual. knowing him i imagine he charmed the pants off them and they wanted to nab him before another firm got him

Perhaps so! Congrats to your friend. Although I should note there were no Maples interviews on Friday.

Perhaps so! Congrats to your friend. Although I should note there were no Maples interviews on Friday.

My friend had his on Friday - he couldn’t make the other dates. again, their willingness to accommodate there is pretty telling

WF calling

• Advertisement

Anybody get a call back from DE?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 musicmanual123

Anybody get a call back from DE?
    Nope nothing still

Nope nothing still

I wonder if the offers have been sent out already and they're just not bothering to get back with PFO's

My same friend also got a call from DE on friday

I just got an email from DLA Piper, their 'Assessment Centre' is on next Tuesday and constitutes a competency-based interview, group exercise and 'analysis presentation' whatever on earth that means. Anybody else apply to them?

My same friend also got a call from DE on friday

I just got an email from DLA Piper, their 'Assessment Centre' is on next Tuesday and constitutes a competency-based interview, group exercise and 'analysis presentation' whatever on earth that means. Anybody else apply to them?

Yeah I got the email there too. Never done an assessment center before so no clue what's expected. Does anybody know what months DLA are taking for the intern programme? I might not do it I think

• Advertisement

no idea, but the fact that the first week is in their london office has me keen

Anybody else get the offer email from WF yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lawstudent20

No I haven't heard anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 16 musicmanual123

Were all WF offers given out today only?

Were all WF offers given out today only?

Not sure - they did mention they'll get back by Monday. I'm not sure if they'll still be calling on Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭lawgrad15

Didn't hear anything from WF.

Anybody interviewing with McCann asked the partners when they'll be getting back? I forgot

WF sending out offer email!

Was completely shocked when I got mine as I made a total MESS of the interview lol

anybody heard from beauchamps? and also does anybody actually know how to pronounce the firm’s name? i swear it alternates from “bee-chums” to “bow-shawms” with every person i talk to

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Hamerzan Sickles

anybody heard from beauchamps? and also does anybody actually know how to pronounce the firm’s name? i swear it alternates from “bee-chums” to “bow-shawms” with every person i talk to

boo-jum I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

It’s the former

• Registered Users Posts: 2 4points

any response from maples

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭lawgrad15

4points wrote: »
    any response from maples

didn't hear anything further

lawgrad15 wrote: »
    didn't hear anything further

I got the call from Maples a few days ago. They sent out offers. Does anyone know what percentage of interns they give TC's?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

I got the call from Maples a few days ago. They sent out offers. Does anyone know what percentage of interns they give TC's?

My friend that got the Maples offer wants to know did you get sent the actual internship offer yet or did you just get the call? She was told she’d be emailed about it this week but hasn’t gotten anything since?

My friend that got the Maples offer wants to know did you get sent the actual internship offer yet or did you just get the call? She was told she’d be emailed about it this week but hasn’t gotten anything since?

Nope they haven't sent out email offers yet. They just called to confirm offers. They'll get back this week I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 biglawhead420

Anybody hear back from Dechert? It’s been around 3/4 weeks now? Also has PM come back?

McCann calling with offers!

DLA Piper thing was fairly wild and a bit of an ordeal, but interesting nonetheless

• Advertisement

Does anybody think the summer internships will be effected by COVID-19?

Advertisement