Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outriders (PS5, PS4, PC XBOX One, Xbox Series X)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,426 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I can't play this as can not connect to Outriders servers at the start. Playing on Xbox.

Anybody else with this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

seemingly servers down again.

Gonna leave it for a few days and come back to it.

Dcully wrote: »
    Almost finished the campaign, i think ive only one chapter or so left and then onto expeditions endgame.
    I soloed everything and didnt drop world tier at all but ive got a nice build going so it wasnt too hard.
    I started off with the blighted rounds and mods to give more ammo and damage for this but then found a mod that turned my blighted turret into a freezing turret then equipped it along with the cyro turret and i was constantly freezing mobs.
    Add in a few +damage to frozen enemies and it turned into easy mode so much so i wonder if the devs even tried this themselves as i think seems OP.
    Maybe later mobs can resit freezing more but for now at world tier 9 its easy mode with any boss.

I recorded a bit of gameplay of it in action.

Looking forward to doing some expeditions maybe over the weekend but i can certainly se build diversity as the loot system seems very robust and interesting.

Haven't played the game but looking at the regen going on there if it was borderlands it would be nerfed next week :D

But you saying this is viable solo makes me want to give it a go. Whats match making like if you need help?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Haven't played the game but looking at the regen going on there if it was borderlands it would be nerfed next week :D

But you saying this is viable solo makes me want to give it a go. Whats match making like if you need help?

The regen is from the toxic damage of blighted rounds.
    The technomancer heals off damage done as opposed to kills which the other classes have plus technomancer has a traditional heal skill although i wasnt using it in that gameplay.

There is a few variants of this build but this one is more healing focused.

I havent tried matchmaking yet but will do soon as im ready for the expeditions grind now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

It stabilised long enough for a decent session late last night and am up to Level 18. Rolled into World Tier 8 and the difficulty curve has spiked, it'll stabilise again when I can get some more level points and get my gear up to that tier but the first manhunt when I went into it took a few tries, it was also a horrible sub-map for that mission and others have been easier based on the terrain but that first one was a pain :). I'm working down the Trickster Assassin tree and have put my talents into damage buff/enemy de-buff when I teleport behind and spring the freezing dome + damage skill at the same time so once I can hit that trifecta I can take down almost any normal boss in one Auto-shotty mag, just the higher level adds now are proving more fo a problem on some level layouts.

• Advertisement

My kid dismantled a legendary and used the mod on a decent smg, that now fires ****ing lightining!!!!!

Level 18 in the wreckage zone of the campaign.

Anyone else find the boss in the forest extremley annoying?

Me and kid specced out for CQB as thats what the games wants you to do and that monster needs range damage, had to change our playstyles to kill him.

dreamers75 wrote: »

Me and kid specced out for CQB as thats what the games wants you to do and that monster needs range damage, had to change our playstyles to kill him.

Devastator or trickster its CQB but but pyro and techno shine at range, especially the infinite blighted rounds rifle and LMG builds for technomancer.

I just hot world tier 14 and expedition tier 11, the mob density has really ramped up since expedition tier 9 , its great craic and you really ned to be on it to succeed.

Im enjoying the game a lot but a lot of legendaries ive got are worse than epics of similar levels which is something they are going to have to look at.
    All along they said they wanted legendaries to be rare but special to find which is not the case with most of them.

Only have 3 legendaries but the perk/mod system in this game is possibly the best I have seen in this type of game.

You can literally build anything once you have come accross the mod before.

My pyro now basically shoots ash constantly.

Only have 3 legendaries but the perk/mod system in this game is possibly the best I have seen in this type of game.

You can literally build anything once you have come accross the mod before.

My pyro now basically shoots ash constantly.

Yeah agreed its why i think the game has a chance to keep many playing longterm.
    There is a lot of build diversity but there are a few go to builds that are just too good to pass up while your progressing which is the only negative but devs might look at this.
    The game will always have a meta but im hoping of meta builds are still viable for late game challenge tier expeditions.

I just soloed my first CT10 expedition, very hard but very enjoyable, ill upload footage later if anyone wants a gander.

We are really going to have to have a very good builds with every piece of gear and mod synergising perfectly.
    I have no gear set items yet so i dont expect to push much higher that CT11 until i get some.

The gameplay is so good so much more enjoyable than its peers the division and destiny.
    The demo doesnt do it justice at all,apart from the great gameplay, loot and mod system some of the art design later into the game is absolute top tier stuff.

@Dreamers i thought i had you on steam? not seeing you on, if you want a few runs at tome point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Lamposts

If anyone fancies playing through this hmu. I'm level 11 trickster fella. GT: Dizmonster

xx

@Dreamers i thought i had you on steam? not seeing you on, if you want a few runs at tome point.

kdjac on steam pretty sure have you on Uplay and EA but not steam.

Validating game files gets you the hell rangers gear if you dont have it, but you can destroy it for some reason :(

Has some cool mods.

Trickster and full CQB assassin still. What really got me with him was his phase-1 furnace breath, initially when I saw the red line on the ground I though that was literally a beam and kept trying to dodge through it, once it clicked it was a guide only and to use the rocks I found him easy enough. I did switch some skills around though and it was the first time I really started using the Damage skill (Twisted Rounds). I also have pretty much constantly run with Slow-Trap+Thunderdome where it grants 100% shield when it ends, it's not as much use with adds since you will get more than enough shield just from kills but it's very useful for when you are just facing one or two strong enemies and can't afford to get in close for the refil, just trigger the dome and get enough shield back to stay in the fight.
    Level 27 and WT11 now, hit a few bumps along the way especially when level and WT jump together but a bit of farming sorts that out. But
    the fight with Bailey was incredibly frustrating, while I can knock down captains and bounty targets usually with little trouble her AOE and ability to fire through cover destroyed me. My usual trifecta of skills and auto-shotty can kill almost anything in about 10 seconds and a single use but not her. And since if you die and it restarts you don't have any downtime to reconfigure I went from about 40% WT10 back to 0 on it before I finally got her. Much tougher for my build then than any other boss I'd faced (including the Chrysaloid (3 tries) and Moloch (first) etc.)
    I'm using the Wendigo hunt farm loop to quickly get gear back up to spec if it falls behind more than 2 levels. Kill him, exit, abort the quest, rinse/repeat. Very effective and quick.

I picked up a Bulwark legendary Auto-shotty, added T3 Killing-Spree to the existing T3 Bleed, a build heavily tuned to raw damage/twisted-rounds and vampiric-mag refilling half the magazine on killing a bleeding enemy. An auto-shotty that never needs to be reloaded while running augmented twisted-rounds, building multiple damage multipliers per kill. It's insanely powerful.

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    I picked up a Bulwark legendary Auto-shotty, added T3 Killing-Spree to the existing T3 Bleed, a build heavily tuned to raw damage/twisted-rounds and vampiric-mag refilling half the magazine on killing a bleeding enemy. An auto-shotty that never needs to be reloaded while running augmented twisted-rounds, building multiple damage multipliers per kill. It's insanely powerful.

My kid using that basic setup.

I switched to devastator and found the fastest way to get to level 22 from 0 is be carried in Challenge Tier 10 expeditions, 3 of them of should get you to 22.

Kid was clearing those expeditions with that shotgun but he has remodded it to add in the t3 comet i think.

I picked up the AR with T3 Comet right before finishing up earlier, might give it a go but Killing-Spree just adds too much damage to ignore and at least for now I need Bleed for vampire-mag to work. I ran 3 drop pod missions earlier then switched to a new Technomancer to see how the polar opposite plays, so far it's easy mode. I know simply having a better grasp of the game mechanics helps but you can get effectively unlimited blighted rounds so early vs. the setup above, and it doesn't rely on any other status effect. A tier-1 skill that recharges 30% of the mag with each kill refreshing an AOE and DOT damage addition. I've rarely even had to use any other skills since getting that in place, up to L12/WT6 on it so far.

I have found even playing with the kid in the same house online is barely playable with a horrible lag that stops input, which is crucial for a skills build. Played last night with another and who ever is hosting doesnt have the issue but everyone else does. Shame they really need to fix that as its the UT engine so it "should" work. I can see why people are soloing tbh.

My new devastor is Warden with Boulderdash and Earthquake and an auto shottie, its hilarious and the opposite of my pryo. And plus i give the others nearly 20% increase in health and armour which helps make them unstoppable especially the kid with the above twisted rounds.

Yeah I left my session Open last night for the first time on the new character and had someone join after about 10 mins and they were just rubberbanding everywhere. I waited until we had finished off the mission boss, saluted and then dropped back to the lobby to set it to friends only. Just watching it was painful enough, if they were actually experiencing it localy that way I don't know why anyone would co-op at the moment.

Yeah i find matchmaking for expeditions to be terrible. more often than not your put into

A. someones game and they are just idle
    or
    B. they realise they were set to public and then kick you and as we all know being kicked more often than not causes crashing.

It really is a lottery and if you do get into a game its unplayable with lag, it has to be peer to per because when im solo or host i have no such issues.
    Its very frustrating.

Apparently there is ma patch coming today.

• Advertisement

I am not match making per se just jumping between steam buddies and the kid.

I have yet to see anyone outside our buddy list join and we have it open, i tried to matchmake las week and never found a game.

Another insta crash is leaving the group to change characters, insta crash for all at both ends. best to exit the game and restart to change characters.

Patch today?? but Elite Dangerous Alpha 2 is out now, do these people not have any consideration for my free time :(

So im soloing T14 expeditions now T15 not soloable yet though until i get some god rolls.
    Maybe 8/10 are successful with the odd one i mess up somewhere usually not keeping up my blighted rounds but this on was certainly not my fault.

Patch coming next week balance changes are live.
    My builds nerfed hard, blighted rounds crit bonus gone from 30% to 15%, my tactical AR crit bonus nerfed plus the vulnerability % is nerfed too.
    But to be fair this brings other builds and weapons more into the mix, nothing worse than just one build per class and nothing else viable so overall its a good thing and needed to be done.

Even with the nerfs the Technomancer is still easy-town. I hit WT9 at level 17 last night, on my previous Trickster run I was still on WT7 at that point. Once you paint a mob with blighted the DOT induced healing alone lets you face-tank most arenas, throw in the vulnerability debuff and the fact that they are all actually dissolving over time and it's pretty hard to die as one. I know that class focusses early on with Snipers but I've just been using an AR, no need to actually stay at that distance so far. I wasn't going to originally but will invest the class perks to reduce the long-distance classification to regain that damage buff next. Unfortunately I went with the female character this time and her voice-acting is just incredibly bad, the guy's is cheesey sure but it suits that character and at least has emotion, the girl is just flat/bored 90% of the time and misses the mark on the rest.

Its far from easy town on anything above CT13 expeditions even before the nerf - WT and CT are a world of difference to be fair.
    Also if you dont manage you blighted rounds ammo reserves so you have blighted rounds 100% of the time its literally game over.
    Im running the mod that returns ammo if i kill an enemy affected by toxin, the thing a lot of times your searching for a weak mob amid all the chaos just to get that kill to proc this mod otherwise as i say its game over.

The best build for higher CT is with the tactical AR rolled with bonus firepower/close range power/long range power.

I find the trickster a tad bit more OP even before the nerfs , you can one shot everything with the standard variant pump action shotgun again it requires your special rounds ie twisted rounds with trickster but its a lot easier to do so if you run the mod that refills your ammo if you kill a mob with les than 40% ammo in your mag, since your always one shotting you never run out of ammo for twisted rounds.

Ofcourse all this is once you have a decent build going for both and the usual DPS and survival tier 2 mods.

Before the nerfs hit i was farming CT14 expeditions on both techno and late lastnight the trickster too but havent tried since nerf though.
    I might level up my pyromancer next , ill wait until devastator is viable for endgame before working on him but it is fun to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Is there a quick way to level up lads? Or do u have to repeat the whole story with a new character? I'm pyro at the moment and only started expeditions last night but I'd like to level up a new character for abit of variety.

I just levelled alts doing the campaign, drop down the world tier and breeze through it in a few hours.

My first toon i was maxing out WT but thats the wrong way if you want to hit expeditions faster, XP is the same on WT1 as WT15 so go for it then once you hit Ct1 expeditions the loot will roll in and be of relevant level.

Im not sure if theres boosting like diablo etc but none of my friends play so ive 100% played everythign solo apart from the few expeditions initially on my techno when i hit endgame.

Its far from easy town on anything above CT13 expeditions even before the nerf - WT and CT are a world of difference to be fair.
    Also if you dont manage you blighted rounds ammo reserves so you have blighted rounds 100% of the time its literally game over.
    Im running the mod that returns ammo if i kill an enemy affected by toxin, the thing a lot of times your searching for a weak mob amid all the chaos just to get that kill to proc this mod otherwise as i say its game over.

A mod was pointed out to me last night in Discord that there is an armour mod that gives you 50% ammo back for blighted if you kill something, there is another that gives you back some if you kill something with 35% left in the mag.

Dude was using a legendary AR with combined with above game him a roughly 160 round mag.......

Will post the mod names when I get home.
    2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Is there a quick way to level up lads? Or do u have to repeat the whole story with a new character? I'm pyro at the moment and only started expeditions last night but I'd like to level up a new character for abit of variety.

Get someone to carry you on CT10 Expeditions and in 3 games you will be level 22.

Its vampiric mag that gives 50% ammo back when you kill a mob affected by bleed and toxic lead mod which gives back 40%.

What AR can hold 160 in the mag lol?

• Advertisement

Its vampiric mag that gives 50% ammo back when you kill a mob affected by bleed and toxic lead mod which gives back 40%.

What AR can hold 160 in the mag lol?

Thats the ones, its an 80 mag but using the 2 mods can get you 160 80+40+28=148

Advertisement