Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Ppl want change, simple as.

And they will get it. Martin on top and Leo below.
    They won't give the trough up too easy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Can FG /FF and a few independants form a government and still leave SF in opposition ?
    It's going to be a tedious count I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭GDK_11

As a Brit living in Ireland the SF vote reminds me so much of the Brexit vote back in the uk. Neither manifesto remotely adds up and I feel like people know that half of what is promised won’t be close to being delivered but I guess it’s a protest vote. Interestingly lots of young ones on the vote

.... waits for my first Brits out

• Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

When did FG destroy the economy? You live in one of the wealthiest and fairest countries in the world.

We will bury the bondholders...actually we won't.

National debt of €42500 per person, yes we have turned the corner right in to a ditch.

This means Ireland has one of the highest per capita public debt levels in the OECD, the report says, and is also elevated compared to Irish historical standards, leaving the country vulnerable.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/0808/1067720-national-debt-reached-42-500-per-person-here-in-2018/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

When did FG destroy the economy? You live in one of the wealthiest and fairest countries in the world.

It's a bizarre argument that some people are throwing out. And I really thinks it's because these people are just getting their "facts" from targeted social media and party fliers without stepping outside of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,857 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Silly, uninformed question.

If we have to vote again, is it the same candidates or can SF now run more?
    I think they can run more? It would be a new election

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

ShaneU wrote: »
    45% of people still voting for the two parties that have destroyed the country financially.
    Down from 65% or so over a decade or two ago

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

RTE player fecked again?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Fg to still be ruling party I reckon. Leo gets 4 more years under the same terms
    sf surplus to damage the left rather than help. Interesting count tomorrow

No chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Bullocks wrote: »
    Can FG /FF and a few independants form a government and still leave SF in opposition ?
    It's going to be a tedious count I'd say

That's possibly what could happen as a means of keeping Sinn féin out of government.

Confidence and supply again, perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Smells like a FF/SF government. Time for the Shinners to shît or get off the pot. County hurling now lads.

Odds gone to 12/1 for that. FF/SD/Lab/Green now the favourite marginally

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Smells like a FF/SF government. Time for the Shinners to shît or get off the pot. County hurling now lads.

The shinners will stay in opposition , there not capable or don want to be in government ! Especially a rainbow government

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭griffin100

Do not underestimate Mickeys desire to be the next Cork Taoiseach and the pressure he’ll be under from his own party to go into gov with SF. FF/SF with health and housing given to SF. That’ll sort them out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Silly, uninformed question.

If we have to vote again, is it the same candidates or can SF now run more?

It would be a completely new election, they can run more / run different candidates as they wish. As can everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭blackcard

One would think that Sinn Fein would transfer to FF more than FG. I would expect FF to get the most seats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

macwal wrote: »
    Fupping millenials.

That does seem to be the problem. From the RTE figures, it certainly looks like we shall have to raise the voting age to 25+ before permanent damage is done to the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

leahyl wrote: »
    David McCullagh seems very nervous?

If the Shinners get into power they will clear out RTE...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

griffin100 wrote: »
    Do not underestimate Mickeys desire to be the next Cork Taoiseach and the pressure he’ll be under from his own party to go into gov with SF. FF/SF with health and housing given to SF. That’ll sort them out.

Good point alright !

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Zetor19

Biggest party for the under 55s . Upping the age to 55 might be too drastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,857 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

GDK_11 wrote: »
    As a Brit living in Ireland the SF vote reminds me so much of the Brexit vote back in the uk. Neither manifesto remotely adds up and I feel like people know that half of what is promised won’t be close to being delivered but I guess it’s a protest vote. Interestingly lots of young ones on the vote

.... waits for my first Brits out
    I know what your saying but I don't think it's a direct comparison. Very different reasons for voting for them.
    It's mad how SF have turned things around for local elections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Zetor19 wrote: »
    Rte and the media’s dirty campaign the last week backfired big time by the looks of it.

This for sure. The carry on actually made me angry. Everywhere you went no matter what paper you picked up. The Irish Times had the first 3 pages plastered with propaganda. Men in balaclavas on the 3rd page wtf happened to impartial media in this country?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

blackcard wrote: »
    One would think that Sinn Fein would transfer to FF more than FG. I would expect FF to get the most seats

I’d agree. Labour voters tend to transfer to FG but they didn’t do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Another election could well suit Sinn féin

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

christy c wrote: »
    Odds gone to 12/1 for that. FF/SD/Lab/Green now the favourite marginally

Good I have money on that. Looking like a stretch though with FF on 22%:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

signostic wrote: »
    Hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

RTE player fecked again?

You can't feck something again if it's always fecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

signostic wrote: »

**** all use that'll do them, they may as well get an exorcist to get rid of the monsters from beneath their beds.

Both problems are as equally imaginary.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,072 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

That does seem to be the problem. From the RTE figures, it certainly looks like we shall have to raise the voting age to 25+ before permanent damage is done to the country.

Because everything is awesome at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Pretty good result, SF don’t get to **** the working class for their fantasy spending and FG get the smack in the mouth they deserve. Anybody over 12 years old voting FF tho can hang their heads in shame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

RMAOK wrote: »
    Another election could well suit Sinn féin

Which is why FF and FG will want to avoid one I would think...

Advertisement