Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog bite today

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Graces7 wrote: »
    If you read the OPs posts? He did not want the dog put down. Period.And as another poster said, this was rightly reported to the police/dog warden so it is they who would make any such decision.

ALso this was far from the first time the dog had been unmuzzled and offlead . It is the owners at fault here not the OP who got a very nasty bite defending his toddler from potential attack .

The reason for compulsory muzzling is clear. And for keeping any dog on the lead as the OPS was.

So maybe address the owners? Anyone will defend their child and their dog, when there is a dog loose and headed for them.

Hoping the OP is OK? HE has not posted in a while.

Kindly do not speak to me in that tone. The OP had a host of haters who are routinely on this forum spewing their dog and owners hate all of whom were demanding the dog be put down. The OP posted as he wanted suggestions on what to do -I gave him mine, having read the entire thread. And no, I do not suggest the dog be taken from them and given to another family or killed. I took a compassionate view - something that is routinely sought by you in your posts.And which often makes the world a better place when it is given and which on reflection I still would
    like the OP to extend to this family and their dog- who was in the wrong, as well as them paying for
    his medical bills and costs and making a commitment to never have their pet out unmuzzled or unleshed in the neighbourhood again. I doubt if your cat bit or scratched a child
    that you would want it killed as punishment - in the same way I do not wNt this dog killed and would suggest a kinder and more compassionate and understanding response - we all love our pets and I would hate to think of a family who are
    honest enough to own to
    to what their pet did and say they are in wrong, shuddering for a knock on the door and their dog to be dragged off in a van terrified and alone to be locked in a cold cage and a few fays later killed and knowing what was ahead of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

Kindly do not speak to me in that tone. The OP had a host of haters who are routinely on this forum spewing their dog and owners hate all of whom were demanding the dog be put down. The OP posted as he wanted suggestions on what to do -I gave him mine, having read the entire thread. And no, I do not suggest the dog be taken from them and given to another family or killed. I took a compassionate view - something that is routinely sought by you in your posts.And which often makes the world a better place when it is given and which on reflection I still would
    like the OP to extend to this family and their dog- who was in the wrong, as well as them paying for
    his medical bills and costs and making a commitment to never have their pet out unmuzzled or unleshed in the neighbourhood again. I doubt if your cat bit or scratched a child
    that you would want it killed as punishment - in the same way I do not wNt this dog killed and would suggest a kinder and more compassionate and understanding response - we all love our pets and I would hate to think of a family who are
    honest enough to own to
    to what their pet did and say they are in wrong, shuddering for a knock on the door and their dog to be dragged off in a van terrified and alone to be locked in a cold cage and a few fays later killed and knowing what was ahead of it.

If it was a really big cat that attacked a child, should it be put down?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Yester wrote: »
    If it was a really big cat that attacked a child, should it be put down?

Yes. I hate the fact that it has to happen as such behaviour, despite all the talk of breeds is generally down to the owner, be it via trained or simple ignoring them. The sad thing is the owners won't be hauled up in court and face a hefty fine and jail time. People like this, if abusive to the animal, are scum. If the dog developed this behaviour due to being ignored, they are still scum. I don't blame the dog, I blame the owners. In an ideal world, the dog would be taken into care, and assessed could it be trained and loved tons point it was safe to come out. That's not the real world though. The owners are scum though, let no other detail of the OP change this story. If the dog is out down, they are the ones that killed it.

If my dog attacked someone, and it wasn't in defense of their family or themselves, then I have failed as an owner and am presumably a scumbag too.

Advertisement