Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog bite today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

lawred2 wrote: »
    This is nothing short of trolling[/quote

If I describe you and your posts , I’ll get banned

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Once a dog bites its game over.

Get a solicitor.

Hopefully the guards will prosecute..

You were very very lucky

And what if the dog had of bitten the 20 month old??? The dog owners should at least have to pay for the doctor visit and antibiotics.

Yea agree they should pay for that

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

LillySV wrote: »
    lawred2 wrote: »
    This is nothing short of trolling

That would probably be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I'd be looking for that dog to be put down!

If you want a big breed dog, you have to be extra careful, so completely the owners fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Asitis2019 wrote: »
    My point entirely....I suspect this is a gross exaggeration

When I hear the term lawyer up, alarm bells ring.

We live in a compo culture

Isn't that funny, cos I was just thinking the same thing about both of you.. .. ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

What do you want from this OP?

If told as it was I think speaking to the owners (if you know them) would be a good start. Ideally i'd be looking for the Dr. fee. If its going to heal then no harm done really?

I am not doubting you as such or victim blaming or anything, but could anything you have done gave the impression to the dog that you were initiating play etc? Excitedly picking up the dog etc? I am not excusing the dog bite, just pointing out in case you are in a similar situation in the future. You had a child and a dog with you, you might want to consider if you a giving off fear as these things are often picked up on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Asitis2019

And what if the dog had of bitten the 20 month old??? The dog owners should at least have to pay for the doctor visit and antibiotics.

Bigger claim :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Why don’t we put down those little bastard kids we see run fun around restrained one supermarkets while we are at it too

Because they don't cause actual bodily harm?
    Is that a good enough reason?

Maybe watch your karma too op.

If a doberman charges me while I'm pushing a kid in a pram, you better believe my karma will be running over his dogma.

• Advertisement

jaxxx wrote: »
    Isn't that funny, cos I was just thinking the same thing about both of you.. .. ..

Well I’m looking at your previous posts and I’m just glad I get out and have real friends and worries haha

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

LillySV and Asitis2019, consider yourselves thread banned. We do not tolerate trolling here and you are both doing it in spades.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭micks_address

Something less dramatic happened me a few years ago..dog bit me on leg out of nowhere. I wasn't going to the guards till a neighbor called around and said he was bitten by same dog. We were worried would happen to a child in the estate so both reported to the guards. The dog was taken away. I know it might sound awful but if an dog bites like this its incredibly dangerous. They have to be removed. I

LillySV and Asitis2019, consider yourselves thread banned. We do not tolerate trolling here and you are both doing it in spades.

So If we are the only ones that don’t want to sue .. we are banned

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Take a one week ban for ignoring a mod instruction.
    If you come back and post in this thread again when your ban is up your access to this forum will be removed permanently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Have you ever been bitten by a dog? it's extremely painful. And it requires a tetanus shot, which, when I had to get one in the states, resulted in a 4 figure hospital bill.

I currently have a neighbour, who would be, as they say, 'known to the gardai', who just got a new huge pit bull, and is walking it around the estate off lead. It's ridiculous, and now any time I'm walking by dog I have to be on the lookout for it as the biggest danger with them is their aggression towards other dogs.

jaxx please do not reply to posters that have been banned as they cannot see your post without logging out and they cannot reply. You are also keeping the argument going. Just report the post then move on and let mods deal with it.

Do not reply to this post.
    Thanks,
    CB.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

I don't care about sueing or anything like that. I'm in alot of pain at the moment and I never thought I'd say this cause I love dogs and always had dogs but if that thing was put down tomorrow I'd be happy. I don't know if that's just cause it's raw after the incident or cause I'm in pain and angry but that's how I feel. If that dog had of got to my baby today or my little dog I can't imagine how I'd feel. I'm glad I took that bite, better me then my child or my dog. What if that dog bites again, that's what I'm concerned about. Might be a kid walking his dog who gets it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

hellooooooo Josepha

Good luck on Saturday

Im a shinner lol

Are dobermans not on that special breed list that need to be restrained at all times when in public (do they need to be muzzled too)?

• Advertisement

Are dobermans not on that special breed list that need to be restrained at all times in when in public?

Yeah they are. I read that they should be on a strong leash and muzzled at all times. This dog was running free without a muzzle.

martin101 wrote: »
    Yeah they are. I read that they should be on a strong leash and muzzled at all times. This dog was running free without a muzzle.

Copied this from online:

S.I. No. 442/1998 - Control of Dogs Regulations, 1998

5 Leashing and Muzzling
    5. (1) This article shall apply to every:—

(a) American Pit Bull Terrier,

(b) Bull Mastiff,

(c) Doberman Pinscher,

(d) English Bull Terrier,

(e) German Shepherd (Alsatian),

(f) Japanese Akita,

(g) Japanese Tosa,

(h) Rhodesian Ridgeback,

(i) Rottweiler,

(j) Staffordshire Bull Terrier, and

to every dog of the type commonly known as a Ban Dog (or Bandog), and to every other strain or cross of every breed or type of dog described in this article.

(2) A person shall not permit a dog to which this article applies to be in a public place unless such dog is:—

(i) securely muzzled; and

(ii) being led by a sufficiently strong chain or leash, not exceeding two metres in length, by a person over the age of sixteen years who is capable of controlling the said dog.

Yeah that's what I seen too. I can't believe they had it off the lead when it's breed that should be on one at all times and muzzled. I have my Yorkie on a lead at all times. Can never be too careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I was bit by a dog before.
    It was a medium sized dog not sure of the breed.
    He was in the middle of a busy road at night he was sniffing something in the middle of the road and no matter how much I beeped him to move off he ignored it.

I stupidly got out of my car and went to pick up the dog and move them ( I certainly wasn't thinking what made me do it)
    Anyhow he bit me and rightly so and it was a small break in the skin. Very little blood think it was just a defensive bite but my god the pain lasted for a few days. Certainly thought me a lesson.
    Couldn't imagine been bit by a bigger dog looking to attack you.

Obviously I never looked for the owner to sue but if it was in this instance I definitely would.
    The owners of this dog are lucky they it attacked you and not your baby. Fair play for showing restraint while most likely been in shock.

To be honest I just wanted to keep my baby and my dog safe. I was in pain/shock so I didn't say much to them. I just said leave me alone. I think when the dog bit me I roared out F##K . But now that it's 12 hours after the incident I'm angry that I didn't go mad at them but it's all well and good saying that now. I do remember now them asking me to come into their house for a cup of tea. And me just saying no leave me alone, while I was doubled up crouched down

• Registered Users Posts: 14,688 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

That was incredibly nieve and irresponsible of them. They haven't a clue. Dog not doing that ever before is no excuse.
    Report it.

Panthro wrote: »
    That was incredibly nieve and irresponsible of them. They haven't a clue. Dog not doing that ever before is no excuse.
    Report it.

Having a dog is a huge responsibility, and not just about the care of the dog itself. It doesn't matter what breed of dog, or how big or small it is, all dogs have the potential to be dangerous. And if the people here can't be bothered to even leash their doberman while out in public let alone have it muzzled, then they shouldn't be allowed to have dogs IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

A week ago i was walking through local park and this couple with quite a large alsation were coming towards me. I really didnt think much of it, as im not really scared of dogs. In any event just as I passed them completely without notice the dog lunged his neck sideways at me and grabbed my wrist, LUCKILY he got hold of the open cuff off my jacket. The couple just said "oh sorry about that" and quickly pulled him away and also fairly quickly walked away from me. Not even a question of did he bite me or was I ok. And before you ask he wasnt muzzled. I only googled after he should have been muzzled if i had known I certainly would of gave them a good talking too. Also my jacket has two incisor holes on it now :mad: What gave me a fright was the speed the dog just went from quietly walking to trying to bite my arm. I made no sudden moves at all or didnt stray into their paths in fact I gave them a bit more birth to get by because of the dog

Are dobermans not on that special breed list that need to be restrained at all times when in public (do they need to be muzzled too)?

Some of the scum I know will get a different breed put on the dog licence so it "doesn't have to be muzzled" :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Dog owner myself, but a dog out of control and attacking a person with a child is game over I'm afraid.

It's sad, because it is absolutely the fault of the owners (for so many reasons) but the dog is not safe around people.

I suspect suing them wouldn't make a difference to the future behaviour of the sort of people who do not comply with even basic rules regarding dog ownership, though it might soften their cough if they were out a few bob too.

I hope your leg heals easily. Watch out for infection.

Advertisement