Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jv2000

jay28 wrote: »
    I think there is a new software update to sort out this issue.

Hopefully this will fix it. I am always amazed at how powerful the software component of the camera is, look at the Google Pixel as an example. All will become clear in time and hopefully this experience will allow for a flawless Galaxy Note 20 later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

What are the shutter issues guys?

I'm increasingly day by day thinking of canceling my pre order. I fail to see any positive reviews and Samsung keep lying about camera features.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Healers39

MarkY91 wrote: »

I'm increasingly day by day thinking of canceling my pre order. I fail to see any positive reviews and Samsung keep lying about camera features.

I wasn't aware there was an issue with the shutter. I thought it was only with the auto focus. I saw online yesterday that a software update to resolve the camera problems has been released in South Korea. I'd imagine the update will to be rolled out in other regions soon enough. There may be updated reviews on YouTube about the changes that the software update has brought to the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭jones

I think most of the issues will be sorted by software i wouldnt cancel based on those issues myself.

Sorry, I meant auto focus issues. I'm sure their updates will fix such issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭j14

I ordered my S20 Ultra with 3 on Feb 15th.
    Was told it would ship between the 6th and 9th of March.
    That was a part of the pre-order promotion, pre-order it and get it 3 days earlier than the launch date.
    It didn't happen.

What do you guys think of the 120hz refresh rate option?

I think I'll be enabling it at the cost of a higher resolution as the refresh rate is noticeable whereas I see no difference in the various resolutions on previous phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭butrasgali

I'm due an upgrade with 3 soon..I'm on bill pay.how much roughly will I have to pay for an upgrade to the s20.they wont tell me till the exact date which is 20th of this month..anyone got a rought idea please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

j14 wrote: »
    I ordered my S20 Ultra with 3 on Feb 15th.
    Was told it would ship between the 6th and 9th of March.
    That was a part of the pre-order promotion, pre-order it and get it 3 days earlier than the launch date.
    It didn't happen.

As already mentioned here, the release date here is the 13th. For people who pre-ordered early will get it on the 10th. The U.S. is was the 6th.

My order on Samsung is still on "processing in progress" it should have been posted today if I'm to have any hope of receiving it on the 10th. Anyone elses status different?

• Advertisement

My order on Samsung is still on "processing in progress" it should have been posted today if I'm to have any hope of receiving it on the 10th. Anyone elses status different?

That won't happen till Monday, if you're in the early pre-order bracket for the 10th.
    Was talking to Exertis/SS store earlier. They confirmed my order for delivery on the 10th, I ordered on the 11th during the Event.

bazzz wrote: »
    That won't happen till Monday, if you're in the early pre-order bracket for the 10th.
    Was talking to Exertis/SS store earlier. They confirmed my order for delivery on the 10th, I ordered on the 11th during the Event.

I'm not sure on which date the early pre order bracket end at but I ordered on the 19th of February.

Reviews of the s20 plus that I have read are very positive. I think it will be the most popular of the 3 phones in the s20 range.

Healers39 wrote: »
    Reviews of the s20 plus that I have read are very positive. I think it will be the most popular of the 3 phones in the s20 range.

I'd say you'd be right there. It's probably in the sweet spot for many previous
    S series owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭j14

bazzz wrote: »
    As already mentioned here, the release date here is the 13th. For people who pre-ordered early will get it on the 10th. The U.S. is was the 6th.

Thanks for the clarification. For some reason I thought the general release was the 10th. I'll just wait until Tuesday and see if it turns up.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

I'm not sure on which date the early pre order bracket end at but I ordered on the 19th of February.
    I ordered mine on the 21st and have "processing in progress" by Exertis. Should be getting it on the 10th. not quite sure though:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I ordered mine on the 21st and have "processing in progress" by Exertis. Should be getting it on the 10th. not quite sure though:pac:
    Did you order a Plus or Ultra?

bennyx_o wrote: »

Not sure who this is aimed at but I ordered the plus.

Aimed at ThaitaniumM - added quote to post

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

Ultra 128GB Black

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Pre-order a S20 plus grey with Vodafone. Hopefully they'll dispatch early next week..

Ultra 128GB Black

Same as me only I ordered the grey. When did you order?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

Same as me only I ordered the grey. When did you order?

Ordered a 128GB grey ultra myself. Had a phonecall from Exertis advising there could be a 7 to 10 day delay on pre order deliveries due to the current coronavirus outbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭jones

My s20+ grey is still stuck at payment accepted I don't hold out much hope of getting it Tuesday but maybe it'll move tomorrow. Just dying to get my hands on it now

I pre ordered the grey s20 ultra with three. I only ordered it last Monday. I've been assured by three that I will have it by Tuesday the 10th. I have my doubts though..

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Healers39 wrote: »
    I pre ordered the grey s20 ultra with three. I only ordered it last Monday. I've been assured by three that I will have it by Tuesday the 10th. I have my doubts though..

I ordered mine in the 19th, three told me they will start shopping on the 10th, those who pre ordered first will receive their phones first, I'm hoping I'll have it by the end of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

I'm struggling with a decision on a decent phone cover I have the S20+ ordered. I have used UAG and Tech 21 in the past.

I have a Tech 21 on my current S10+ and it's a bit loose at the bottom. Any opinions on Speck? A lot of the covers aren't in stock for the expected delivery date of the phone.

Kilsmum

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

kilsmum wrote: »
    I'm struggling with a decision on a decent phone cover I have the S20+ ordered. I have used UAG and Tech 21 in the past.

I have a Tech 21 on my current S10+ and it's a bit loose at the bottom. Any opinions on Speck? A lot of the covers aren't in stock for the expected delivery date of the phone.

Kilsmum

Already have the Spigen Rugged armor for my S20 plus. Excellent cover

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

1jcdub wrote:
    Already have the Spigen Rugged armor for my S20 plus. Excellent cover

Did you use it on other Samsung phones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

People who ordered in time direct from Samsung Ireland should see them ship tomorrow for Tuesday.

Advertisement