Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭jones

Anyone order with flexi-fi have a status of pending still? I know we probably wont get until 10th but was just concerned over the pending status

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I checked out as a guest so can't see my order status, but when I called to get confirmation I was told my Ultra would be delayed 10 days. Ordered on 16th Feb

bennyx_o wrote: »
    I checked out as a guest so can't see my order status, but when I called to get confirmation I was told my Ultra would be delayed 10 days. Ordered on 16th Feb

I actually got an update this morning it's now processing hopefully gets dispatched early

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

My order is still on processing. How about you lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

MarkY91 wrote: »
    My order is still on processing. How about you lot?
    mine says, "Processing in progress" I ordered an S20 4g if that makes any difference ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

jogdish wrote: »
    mine says, "Processing in progress" I ordered an S20 4g if that makes any difference ?

Same update as mine. I'm hoping we get our orders a day or two earlier than the 10thðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭yeroulfella

Testament1 wrote: »
    Any recommendations on wireless chargers? One for home and one for work vehicle? I've found the charging ports can get loose and problematic on previous phones I've had

The charging ports get loose because they are filling up with dirt. Carfully scrape them out with some thing. I used a pin, just be carefull not to damage the center connection as u move around it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

Mine is the same s20 ultra. I've mentioned it a few times in the thread but when I did this last year with the s10 plus they didn't ship on time even for the date promised. Didn't even tell me tell, I rang on the day when I got no shipping update and asked where my phone was. Was told it was a supply issue and it'd ship in a week or so.

You can convert your guest account to a real account and get your status iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Did most people here but direct from Samsung? I upgraded through three. I think they said delivery would start on the 10th, so expecting mine towards the end of the month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

I'm torn between the S20+ and the ultra.

I do a lot of walking and find my S10+ bulky for pockets and weighty enough with a case on it as it is. I just wonder would the extra weight and bulk eventually make me hate the ultra. Even with the trade in of 500 euro for mine, it's still a lot of money for a phone.

Kilsmum

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭seantobin43

kilsmum wrote: »
    I'm torn between the S20+ and the ultra.

I do a lot of walking and find my S10+ bulky for pockets and weighty enough with a case on it as it is. I just wonder would the extra weight and bulk eventually make me hate the ultra. Even with the trade in of 500 euro for mine, it's still a lot of money for a phone.

Kilsmum

Even though the s20 ultra is bigger then the s20+ I weirdly doesn't feel much bigger in you're hand. After seeing the ultra I'm definitely gonna buy it, its definitely the best quality phone I've ever felt.

How does the trade in thing work on the Samsung website? Do I just send off my old phone in the post or do I've to bring it to one of there official shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

MKBHD's overall consensus on the Ultra is that it's a completely unnecessary device, and the Pixel and iPhone still beat it on the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

kilsmum wrote:

I'd love the s20 ultra because of the camera. This is its main selling point. The reviews coming out in the last few days aren't brilliant for the camera. Some reviewers are holding back on final verdict until a promised camera software update.

I'm not saying don't buy it but it might be worth holding off for a bit first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

How does the trade in thing work on the Samsung website? Do I just send off my old phone in the post or do I've to bring it to one of there official shops?

They send you the new phone and a packaging slip for the old phone. You send off your old phone within 7 days by contacting the courier who collects it. So it's good because you're not without a phone at any point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Reati wrote: »
    You can convert your guest account to a real account and get your status iirc.

I tried this but it only gives your orders since registering

I tried this but it only gives your orders since registering

Weird. If you mail them they will sort you with an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Healers39

I ordered the S20 ultra yesterday on three.ie. I was due an upgrade. I got an email this morning to say that they were in the process of re-stocking the item I requested and that my expected delivery date is 2020-03-04. I hope the date format is the 4th of March and not the 3rd of April..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Healers39 wrote: »
    I ordered the S20 ultra yesterday on three.ie. I was due an upgrade. I got an email this morning to say that they were in the process of re-stocking the item I requested and that my expected delivery date is 2020-03-04. I hope the date format is the 4th of March and not the 3rd of April..

Those expected delivery emails don't count for pre-orders. There's a snippet in the middle that says "if this is a pre-order, disregard this email". You won't get the phone until 1-2 days after the release date (March 13th or so).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

I was told by a Three rep this morning the S20 range will be available from the week commencing 15 of March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Healers39

I was also onto a three rep this morning and he didn't give me a specific date of when they will be shipped. He just said there was a delay due to the high numbers of those that ordered the new phones.

Odd was looking to buy the otterbox commuter for the S20+ but it doesnt seem to be in the irish or UK store. Its only in the american one. I have the Spigen Liquid Air ordered as a temporary case but not sure how well it will protect (it looks good though)

I was told by three that they will start shopping the 10th, those who ordered first will get their phones shipped first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

I ordered the S20 ultra yesterday on three.ie. I was due an upgrade. I got an email this morning to say that they were in the process of re-stocking
    the item I requested and that my expected delivery date is 2020-03-04
    I hope the date format is the 4th of March and not the 3rd of April..
    Those expected delivery emails don't count for pre-orders. There's a snippet in the middle that says "if this is a pre-order, disregard this email".
    You won't get the phone until 1-2 days after the release date (March 13th or so).
    I was told by a Three rep this morning the S20 range will be available from the week commencing 15 of March.
    I was also onto a three rep this morning and he didn't give me a specific date of when they will be shipped. He just said there was a delay due to the high numbers of those that ordered the new phones.
    jay28 wrote: »
    I was told by three that they will start shopping the 10th, those who ordered first will get their phones shipped first

Before this thread spirals into a Delivery Thread..... So far it's all pretty straight forward, as with any Flagship Phone being released.....

People who pre-ordered in time will get theirs from the 10th of March onwards. As you can now see ordering any variants of the Ultra currently on Samsung's own site.
    Will ship possibly from the 25th onwards.
    No matter if you are buying from VF, Eir, Three, etc The initial stock is more than likely sold out.

I think a important thing not yet posted is 10th March is/was an release for early preorders (initially that was for samsung direct only iirc but think its all phone networks now)

I think the official release date is actually Friday week. So some people might only get it then. You think they'd have this down to a tee by now...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Do any of the phone stores have the S20 Ultra demo units in yet? Have seen some of the dummy devices but want to see a real one before shelling out for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jv2000

I was in Carphone Warehouse in Dundrum at the weekend and they had a working demo in place. First thing I did was check the camera and got really annoyed with the auto-focus. I have since seen some reviews on Youtube and so this appears to be a prominent issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

jv2000 wrote:
    I was in Carphone Warehouse in Dundrum at the weekend and they had a working demo in place. First thing I did was check the camera and got really annoyed with the auto-focus. I have since seen some reviews on Youtube and so this appears to be a prominent issue.

Saw one on display in Swords. They had it turned on but strapped to the counter. Couldn't see the rear at all

jv2000 wrote: »

I think there is a new software update to sort out this issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jv2000

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Saw one on display in Swords. They had it turned on but strapped to the counter. Couldn't see the rear at all

The one in Dundrum was only tethered and not strapped down which is much better for comparing sizes to your current phone etc.

Advertisement