Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

j14 wrote: »
    My Buds arrived today with a Fast Way courier.
    No update on my tracking, they just arrived.
    My order was processed on March 13th.

Mine has been processed over a week now. Still no sign of my buds

bazzz wrote: »
    As I mentioned already it was passed from Yodel to Fastway Ireland and no
    notification. I had a tracking number because I contacted Samsung during the week
    and asked them if the Buds+ shipments were still being delivered. Due
    to the current Covid19 situation. I got a nice reply and a tracking number.

So I'd say most Irish users will have them by next week.

Hi did you contact Samsung?
    I tried phoning and email them. The phone number seems to be closed and no reply to my support email

Camera auto focus acting up again. I had to reset the camera settings again. Even though I hadn't changed any settings!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

bazzz wrote: »
    As I mentioned already it was passed from Yodel to Fastway Ireland and no
    notification. I had a tracking number because I contacted Samsung during the week
    1jcdub wrote: »
    Hi did you contact Samsung?
    I tried phoning and email them. The phone number seems to be closed and no reply to my support email

As I said I contacted them, via the support link on the Buds claim page. You'll
    more than likely receive yours during next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

How are people finding this phone day to day? Im reading some criticism of the exynos processor. I have the S10 and im happy with but im considering the s20 all the same, fools and their money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

sentient_6 wrote: »
    How are people finding this phone day to day? Im reading some criticism of the exynos processor. I have the S10 and im happy with but im considering the s20 all the same, fools and their money.

I moved from S10 to S20+....I feel that I wasted my money.

The 120hz screen is the only positive.

My main negative is that the camera when using it through WhatsApp looks like a VGA webcam from 10 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I upgraded from S9 to S20+ and I'm happy. There are enough improvements to make me feel it was worth it given the €350 trade in value I got for the S9.

I wouldn't bother if I had the S10. It's rarely worth it to upgrade every year in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭jones

John_Mc wrote: »
    I upgraded from S9 to S20+ and I'm happy. There are enough improvements to make me feel it was worth it given the €350 trade in value I got for the S9.

I wouldn't bother if I had the S10. It's rarely worth it to upgrade every year in my opinion.

Just to echo this I upgraded from the s8+ and love the upgrade, if I was coming from the S10+ maybe it wouldn't be enough of an upgrade to justify it. I do think phones in general are only jumping in small increments these days so probably better off jumping every two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Even every two years is a waste, if it wasn't for the meagre battery life on phones and the constant poking to upgrade, none of us would bother. Absolutely nothing wrong with my S9+ and part of the reason the S20 went back was it wasn't that much of an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Been in self isolation for three weeks. First day back in work today, had the phone in my pocket for two hours. Took it out and there's two small indentations right in the middle of the screen! No idea how that happened. Unreal, it hadn't left the house till today.

• Advertisement

Just received my Buds+ from samsung. Very nice pieces of kit i have to say and even better getting them for free. Sound quality seems good too from my limited testing and a nice comfy fit.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Been in self isolation for three weeks. First day back in work today, had the phone in my pocket for two hours. Took it out and there's two small indentations right in the middle of the screen! No idea how that happened. Unreal, it hadn't left the house till today.

Are the dents on the factory installed screen protector? I've a little bubble on mine since the other day was pullling a blind and the little toggle at the end fell on the screen and now i've a tiny bubble where it hit not sure how it happened as its in the top left corner but not too bad considering.

What? I had no idea there was a screen protector on it.

Also had an issue with what looks like condensation building up on the same spot on the left edge of the screen (the part where you swipe right to get the apps) two white marks on the screen there too that won't go away.

Edit: it was just the screen protector, crisis averted :D

Thanks for the feedback, but i went and bought it anyway, S20 5G is "only" 799 from Vodafone, cheap relative to price straight from Samsung. Herself badly needs a new phone and will take the S10 for a modest fee!

Although im a cronic phone switcher i actually do agree with the above comments and do intend to hold on to this. Famous last words.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

Do all the S20 models have 5G as standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭seantobin43

Barr wrote: »

Yeah all the s20 models have it

Samsung store sells a 4G version which I ordered. And they sent me the more expensive 5g version.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Samsung store sells a 4G version which I ordered. And they sent me the more expensive 5g version.

So there a version out there that has no 5G :confused:Samsung line up is confusing to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

So there a version out there that has no 5G :confused:Samsung line up is confusing to say the least

Apparently so. You can configure it under the S20 model listings, on SS Ireland. Places like Three offer the 4G variant too.

This seems a good price for a plus (€699)

Anyone know the shop or any experience with them

https://www.donedeal.ie/phones-for-sale/samsung-galaxy-s20-plus/24585203

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭jogdish

So bored of lock down thinking about buys buds+ online, worth it?

Got my buds today. Originally thought they would be over hyped and wouldn't even match my €30 superbass earphones but I absolutely love them. The sound isn't any better but the fact I can leave my phone around the room is great... definitely glad I chose not to throw them on adverts and not open them :)

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Got my buds today. Originally thought they would be over hyped and wouldn't even match my €30 superbass earphones but I absolutely love them. The sound isn't any better but the fact I can leave my phone around the room is great... definitely glad I chose not to throw them on adverts and not open them :)

You can change the sound in the app I'm very impressed with the sound quality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Been using the S20 Ultra about a week and a half now. Upgraded from a 3 year old device and while I really like some parts it does still feel like wasted money due to bits that don't feel like an upgrade at all.

So first up, I do love the screen but upgrading from an LCD display I do feel that whites especially are rendered very warmly and not realistic. But the deeper colours look incredible. Also brightness in sunshine is much better.

Speakers are alright. Could sound better and the vibration through the frame at higher volumes was annoying at first but I've kind of gotten used to it. Not as noticeable with the case on.

Quite like the UI. I am using Lawnchair with an icon pack but it's still close enough to stock and user friendly.

Battery I find is fairly poor. I am fairly heavy on the likes of Netflix or Bluetooth streaming Spotify but I find screen on time is pretty awful compared to my 3 year old HTC when it was new under the same conditions.

Very unimpressed with the camera so far. Thanks to lockdown my shots are mainly indoors or low light and they seem so poor compared to the HTC. Especially if there's a person in the shot. I'm on the current update but blurriness is still an issue.

This may sound like an awfully negative assessment but these are just the things that have stood out so far. Overall I like the device but it feels like the ball was dropped in several areas. And tbh I think a lot of the issues could be down to the Exynos processor from looking at comparison reviews.

Oh actually yes, I do still have the annoying Bluetooth issue where if I ring someone there's no problems but if someone rings me I can't hear them. I've since found a workaround is to quickly toggle Bluetooth on and off but that's ridiculous for a brand new phone.

My camera app suggested I use 3:4 64mp instead of 3:4. I tried it and the focus went to sh*t again. Just like it was prior to the update. When I went back to the 3:4 resolution the focus issue became good again.
    Anyone else have this issue? Or can confirm it's happening to their S20 or S20 plus?

I hadn't noticed an issue but ya testing it there its fairly bad autofocusing at 64mp. Maybe only use 64 for wide outdoor type shots?

Has anyone any suggestions for the quickest way to get a case? Tescos don't have anything. Spigen from Amazon is delayed in the royal mail and im a week with no case on the slippiest phone ive ever own.

I hadn't noticed an issue but ya testing it there its fairly bad autofocusing at 64mp. Maybe only use 64 for wide outdoor type shots?

Has anyone any suggestions for the quickest way to get a case? Tescos don't have anything. Spigen from Amazon is delayed in the royal mail and im a week with no case on the slippiest phone ive ever own.

Ha i had the same worry for my preorder so i ordered the spidgen liquid air case before i got the phone as a stop gap. I ordered the Mous limitless 3.0 (got a free accessory) but its still not here and hasn't even been dispatched so i'm very glad i got the spidgen plus its actually a nice case has a lovely finish but not sure how much drop protection it would give me (basically none i'd imagine). The liquid air looks like its available to order and its not too dear it may help as a stop measure.

Got a new update on my Samsung S20. It briefly mentioned camera improvements but I can't find anything online to read about it in detail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Anyone using the eSIM functionality of the S20+?

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Got a new update on my Samsung S20. It briefly mentioned camera improvements but I can't find anything online to read about it in detail

I received the update as well. Still have a focus issue when using 64mp 3:4

Advertisement