Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2020 6 Nations - France vs England

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

What a brain fart.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

Oh FFS, if England get a bonus point now, you'd be raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A-Train

Hahaha wtf

I havn't been looking forward to a Stephen Jones article this much since... last week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

French so bloody lucky they scored that 2nd half try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,721 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Hahahahahahahaha.

Jesus Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

DuPont thought he wasn't french enough so had to remind the crowd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭almostover

The finger was on the self destruct button for the last 10 mins and Dupont has pressed it. Still don't think England have enough time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Dupont absolutely brilliant performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,529 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Dupont kicked the ball out too fast. Uh oh. England will try to take advantage of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Lol Brainfart

England chasing a losing BP here, could be crucial come mid March

Dupont, you clown. Would have been great to see England get nothing out of this game.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Someone must not have stopped the clock in the stadium. Brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A-Train

So England get a losing bonus point from Dupont being not able to read a clock. I know the crowd were counting down but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Thisonedone

Absolutely brain dead from France, I’ve a feeling that will come back to haunt them

Brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,529 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

England have the losing BP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

That losing bonus point could be massive come the end of the tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,808 ✭✭✭✭bilston

fitz wrote: »
    Dupont, you clown. Would have been great to see England get nothing out of this game.

To be fair he was incredible out there today.

Not sure how he didn't win man of the match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,931 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Great display by France in first half but not a great second half really. Could have been caught by a better team.

For 55 minutes France looked like they were the best side in this tournament.

Johnny May saved England's arse big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

I wonder how significant than LBP will be at the end. Dupont - and the rest of us - could well come to regret his moment of stupidity.

bilston wrote: »
    To be fair he was incredible out there today.

Not sure how he didn't win man of the match

Yeah, he was incredible, best player in the pitch, with Aldritt right behind him.
    Just frustrating... They were so close to shutting England out.

Ollivon, Alldritt and Dupont were excellent. The backrow and 9/10 axis remains so important in the modern game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

mangobob wrote: »
    I wonder how significant than LBP will be at the end. Dupont - and the rest of us - could well come to regret his moment of stupidity.

I almost hope he does. Unbelievably stupid.

Hat tip to Johnny May too, serious performance! Exciting player to watch! Saved his team a losing BP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Thought France went too far into their shell in the 2nd half. There were multiple times where English forwards were isolated out on the wings, ripe for attacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

Save for two moments of brilliance England looked very ordinary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭Christy42

Thought France went too far into their shell in the 2nd half. There were multiple times where English forwards were isolated out on the wings, ripe for attacking.

Seems like a young squad so they might have been nervous.

I feel like the scummy hits on vulnerable players needs to be taken out of the game. They knew what they were doing.

May needs to be watched closely obviously though there were big holes defensively there that most teams don't give.

• Advertisement

First time in a while I've agreed with Williams.

Jones looks like an absolute mug after his comments during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

Games like that remind me why I prefer the Six Nations to the World Cup. Most exciting games, biggest spectacle, plus the best rivalries ever. Awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

jacothelad wrote: »
    I only want France to win in order to see Inverdale looking as if his piles have burst.

Your wish has been granted!!

The only "absolute brutality" I saw from England was how absolutely brutal their handling was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The only "absolute brutality" I saw from England was how absolutely brutal their handling was.

The tackle on Ntamack from Genge was right on the edge. Was just about okay timing wise (although he was going to hit him one way or another) but the speed that some of these props can get up to these days in closing the gap to make a tackle on somebody in a vulnerable position is something to consider. I get that it is part of the game but it would be a damn shame if Ntamack had ended up out for a year with his knee smashed to bits off the back of that

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Has Williams not completely missed the point though?

Is this not just Jones making himself a target as usual so his players get a break?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I almost hope he does. Unbelievably stupid.

It's been reported he was going by the stadium clock which said 80 mins, going by the crowds reaction I'd guess that was correct

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭baas baa

France went into their shells the moment they scored the 2nd try, they'd go through a few phases and then Ntmack would drop back and launch a high ball. England had more than enough opportunities to win the game but they're heads went completely and they couldn't eradicate the errors. All we've learnt from this game is how how much of a difference Billy V makes to his team. Something we'll hopefully see in April as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

England don’t play well when they are missing Billy V and Manu T.

Auldloon wrote: »
    Jones left Vunipola out according to the guys on Virgin he rested him. Incredible arrogance. England got what they deserved

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Jones left Vunipola out according to the guys on Virgin he rested him. Incredible arrogance. England got what they deserved

He has a broken arm

Unless they meant Mako, where was he?

Unless they meant Mako, where was he?

Also injured, eye injury but should be back for next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Burkie1203 wrote: »

He struck his head for crying out loud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

England sorely lacked ball carriers. Which makes the decision to leave Dombrandt out of the squad entirely a real head scratcher. He's not a close in power carrier like Billy V, but he's much better than Curry at 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Fez101

Auldloon wrote: »

They are very average without Billy V, he creates space for other attackers because defenders are fixed on him, even when he doesn't get the ball. When he does get ball, he gets several metres over the gain line.

Hermy wrote: »
    Has Williams not completely missed the point though?

Is this not just Jones making himself a target as usual so his players get a break?

He could do that without giving huge ammunition to both the French team and the French crowd.

He single handedly ensured it was a cauldron, and his team didn't deal with it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Eddie Jones is just all mouth, I don’t buy the “he is doing it to protect his team” rubbish. He just loves been in the limelight

The problem I see for Jones was the last time Billy was injured he nearly got the sack. England are half a team without him.

Jones would be better saying nothing and getting on with trying to find an 8 to somehow replace Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Jones would be better saying nothing and getting on with trying to find an 8 to somehow replace Billy

He doesn't need to try too hard. He just needs to call up Alex Dombrandt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

almostover wrote: »
    Hat tip to Johnny May too, serious performance! Exciting player to watch! Saved his team a losing BP

He had a lapse of concentration before France’s second try and should have stayed playing until the whistle. Like Thomas, he can be a bit dodgy in defence but is well worth the risk.

Incredible physical performance by France. Apparently, Edwards’s defensive system is exhausting to play but they kept at it. They have some work to do on their set-pieces. If they get those right, they’ll be some team. What a result for the 6N. Everything’s to play for now.

Some cheap shots by England. I’d like to see Cowan-Dickie cited.

Advertisement