Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think of Arlene?

Options
124»

Comments

I always remember the late Ian Paisley being interviewed during the RTÉ Saturday Night Show many years ago. That show had a different “celebrity” host each week, and daughter Rhonda Paisley was hosting that night, with her father as the last guest on as far as I recall. It was a light-hearted interview that showed the humorous side of Paisley, not hitherto seen. No doubt there was some behind the scenes engineering in that, in the era before a visible peace process.

Which should never paper over the terrorist he actually was.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Nordies are nearly always dour, bad-tempered and belligerent. Wouldn’t expect Mrs Foster to be any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Nordies are nearly always dour, bad-tempered and belligerent. Wouldn’t expect Mrs Foster to be any different.

You're going to get a reputation for drive-by insultings Johnny.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

You're going to get a reputation for drive-by insultings Johnny.

Wasn’t intended as an insult, Tom. More an accurate observation based upon experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,638 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Why does your Mother wear makeup and perfume?

Because she's ugly and smelly.

Don't get upset now, petal.

You see public women get attacked in this way all the time on this site. I forgot I was in AH (Adolescence and Hormones)

My bad. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

How easily you’re taken in. This is why we’ll eventually have the union flag flying in Dublin again.

May as well fly the Serbian flag, if you're seriously advocating that any expression of political ideology that runs contrary to your own should be censored by a State broadcaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

Which should never paper over the terrorist he actually was.
    Who was equally as helpful to catholic and protestant alike who contacted him .

Yet helped rally, organise, and fund loyalists killers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

Yet helped rally, organise, and fund loyalists killers.
    yep . and that's why the north is such a basket case with sinn fein doing the same Hopefully if there is ever a poll for unification it'll fail .

yep . and that's why the north is such a basket case with sinn fein doing the same Hopefully if there is ever a poll for unification it'll fail .

Agree 100%. It should die on its arse fairly quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Wasn’t intended as an insult, Tom. More an accurate observation based upon experience.

you must have had a ****e experience - or where you whataboutering? They dont like that

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

votecounts wrote: »
    A bigot and a homophobe, so my opinion on her has not changed.

That's putting it mildly, but yes I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

A bigoted, homophobic, sycophant to the very worst traits of English Nationalism.

Arlene Foster is the scum of the earth, Northern Ireland and Ireland as an island would be much better off without her.

She is critical of Sinn Fein's relationship with the IRA but at the same time is pictured with and attends regular meetings with Loyalist paramilitary groups. A complete and total hypocrite. A self serving charlatan. A liar. An incompetent one at that. Someone who truly holds back progress at every juncture.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,021 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

weemcd wrote: »
    Someone who truly holds back progress at every juncture.

That’s her job, that’s why she was elected.. to help maintain the status quo in Northern Ireland. That’s all Unionists are interested in. Whomever follows her, the same, those who preceded her, exactly the same. Progress is change, change Unionists don’t want, therefore ‘progress’ is going to be stopped and blocked at every juncture....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

And helped defeat Sunningdale which led to 20 years of slaughter by Loyalist and Republican terrorists

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Arlene, Arlene, Arlene, Arleeeeene

I'm begging you to leave our land, Arlene.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,861 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Edgware wrote: »
    And helped defeat Sunningdale which led to 20 years of slaughter by Loyalist and Republican terrorists

And British forces.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

votecounts wrote: »
    A bigot and a homophobe, so my opinion on her has not changed.

I was very impressed with her, she's true to her Christian beliefs, and she's true to her culture & her Identity as a Northern Unionist. A strong leader...

Right now? She'd make a great Taoiseach.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 67,638 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Right now? She'd make a great Taoiseach.

:pac:

She might get there before Michael! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement