Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think of Arlene?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Snails pace

While she has her views on things and i have mine , I thought she came across quiet well . People have different views on things , so be it . You can see where her bitterness towards the ra came from , totally understandable .
    Its actually funny to see some of the comments directed at her and the names she's called on here , while the posters themselves are actually spitting venom and appear every bit as bitter as they would accuse her of being .

Very true. A lot of hatred for her here. She wouldn't be my cup of tea but she has a job to do, she has to lead a political party and she has to have a private life.

She has her views and you have to respect them...unless they dont agree with yours

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Does no one see a ‘slight’ human side to her? The bus she was on? Her father a target? That would make my blood boil and harden my hatred? But she chose to be in the south when brexit was official and share her family story. I don’t like her but I’m seeing more of who she is......

her father was a combatant

She’s an evil tramp. A very very dangerous person to the Irish.

I’m sure she’s getting lots of love from the self proclaimed woke brigade here, us normal people don’t have to like our enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    her father was a combatant
    I'm sure he was a threat as he milked the cows.
    Of course it's easier for Cowards to attack a man going about his farm than when he would be out in uniform fully armed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I have no hatred of her apart from her intransigent views on Gay marriage and abortion and the Christian stuff. Oh and Cash for Ash and Brexit too.

But she is playing to her audience.

I didn't and would never watch the LLS, so did last night have a synopsis of what she said would be welcome. But I reckon it was nothing, as most LLS shows generally are. Forgotten in a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67,254 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I have no hatred of her apart from her intransigent views on Gay marriage and abortion and the Christian stuff. Oh and Cash for Ash and Brexit too.

But she is playing to her audience.

I didn't and would never watch the LLS, so did last night have a synopsis of what she said would be welcome. But I reckon it was nothing, as most LLS shows generally are. Forgotten in a few days.

It was a puff piece really. Tubridy asked questions but just accepted the answers, he never really probed or countered any of them.

Arlene came because she knows, and the DUP know they have to change tack.

It was a puff piece really. Tubridy asked questions but just accepted the answers, he never really probed or countered any of them.

Arlene came because she knows, and the DUP know they have to change tack.

Nobody attached with this state should have given her a voice.

Of course she should have a voice. But it shouldn't be an unchallenged voice because we fear upsetting someone.

Of course she should have a voice. But it shouldn't be an unchallenged voice because we fear upsetting someone.

She has no business having a voice here.

She has no business having a voice here.

I disagree. Everyone on this island should have a 'voice'.

• Advertisement

I disagree. Everyone on this island should have a 'voice'.

State broadcaster, not dual state island broadcaster.

State broadcaster,

...of a state that aspires to unity.

besides that, the state should not be involved in censorship. They should learn their lesson on that, those they sought to censor are now knocking on the castle door! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,932 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

That would be understandable.

I would totally understand if Arlene had a hesitancy or even a hartred towards Irish people.

However she is appearing on the late late show being quite nice to Irish people.

What did Gay people ever do to her?

Why does she have certain views on climate change?

I mean the heating (ash for cash ) scandal proved she is bent. But i mean our lot are bent too so ...

She probably couldn’t give a flying monkeys about gay people but a large proportion of her ultra right wing and ultra ‘Protestant’ voters do so she needs at least to be seen to be holding strong negative opinions in keeping with that tradition..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Strumms wrote: »
    She probably couldn’t give a flying monkeys about gay people but a large proportion of her ultra right wing and ultra ‘Protestant’ voters do so she needs at least to be seen to be holding strong negative opinions in keeping with that tradition..

I have a hunch that Arlene isn't half as reactionary as she makes out.

She wouldn’t be great in a rainbow 🌈 coalition

• Registered Users Posts: 24,932 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I have a hunch that Arlene isn't half as reactionary as she makes out.

I’m with you on that, when she’s in a studio or wherever being interviewed one on one she can appear moderate, reasonable, intelligent and even slightly humorous.. put her in front of her ‘audience’ and she’s more the old DUP angry panto queen...

Strumms wrote: »
    I’m with you on that, when she’s in a studio or wherever being interviewed one on one she can appear moderate, reasonable, intelligent and even slightly humorous.. put her in front of her ‘audience’ and she’s more the old DUP angry panto queen...

Those who know her personally say she is quite a bit of craic and likes a giggle.

Her politics is the issue for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I'll let the monkey out, I'd 100% roger her and make her ask for God, which one I'm not sure yet

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

?? She is Irish herself

Arlene Isabel KELLY ,born July 1970, great granddaddy took the soup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

so you don't think any body from outside the state should not appear on the '' state broadcaster '' . The news would be very short and boring
    do you not realize that by refusing her a voice you are being every bit as discriminatory as you would accuse her of being
    You really should go and find out the functions of a ''state broadcaster''

• Advertisement

so you don't think any body from outside the state should not appear on the '' state broadcaster '' . The news would be very short and boring
    do you not realize that by refusing her a voice you are being every bit as discriminatory as you would accuse her of being
    You really should go and find out the functions of a ''state broadcaster''

She’s not just a “anybody from outside the state”, she is an enemy of our state and people. So she should be given zero air by our broadcaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

She’s not just a “anybody from outside the state”, she is an enemy of our state and people. So she should be given zero air by our broadcaster.

Grow up FFS

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Grow up FFS

How easily you’re taken in. This is why we’ll eventually have the union flag flying in Dublin again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

No politicians should be given a puff piece interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I refer both of you to the answer given by the honourable Yamanoto above.

Diddums, did I upset you? Such a delicate little flower.

Seamai wrote: »
    Diddums, did I upset you? Such a delicate little flower.

Why does your Mother wear makeup and perfume?

Because she's ugly and smelly.

Don't get upset now, petal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Why does your Mother wear makeup and perfume?

Because she's ugly and smelly.

Don't get upset now, petal.

I don't remember very much of my poor mum, I lost her when I was very young.

Seamai wrote: »
    I don't remember very much of my poor mum, I lost her when I was very young.

And presumably the good woman wasn’t a bulldog in drag like Arlene.

I always remember the late Ian Paisley being interviewed during the RTÉ Saturday Night Show many years ago. That show had a different “celebrity” host each week, and daughter Rhonda Paisley was hosting that night, with her father as the last guest on as far as I recall. It was a light-hearted interview that showed the humorous side of Paisley, not hitherto seen. No doubt there was some behind the scenes engineering in that, in the era before a visible peace process.

• Advertisement

Any chance we could stick to Arlene as a person/politician rather than her potential to be an underwear model?

Advertisement