Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

“Irish women don’t like foreign women”

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Love foreign women. Most of my friends are foreign.

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    I was in Oz for a while, as a result of what I witnessed from many Irish, I actually didn't drink for 30 months. I even since I starting drinking again, it's significantly reduced in quantity & occurance.

Roughly a decade ago, I worked/lived at a hostel (which had a popular bar) in Brisbane for just under a year. The Irish and the English were the main troublemakers, along with the hefty drinking, especially when people got paid.

I'd agree that the drinking culture in Ireland has diminished compared to what it was like one or two decades ago. Although, I find that it's mostly been replaced with drugs of one type or another.
    I find Irish people generally to be nice and courteous and not arrogant when abroad, even when drinking. Irish, Brit, Aussie, Kiwi, all have a drinking culture, many Americans and Canadians too, basically anywhere that speaks English. If you want to see messy go to the Circle line on the tube in London on Waitangi or Australia day, makes us Irish look like teetotallers.

I'm not trying to say that the Irish are the worst.. although I do find that they're "generally" not happy drunks. I'd consider the English to be the worst, since they often turn very argumentative/violent when wasted. Chinese/Korean men are easily as bad too, since they can't handle the alcohol amount, and yet, have no understanding of when to stop drinking.

Everyone will have their own impressions. Each to their own, and all that. I'm not trying to suggest that everyone is the way I described. Personally, (since i'm not a big drinker, and I'm not into the lad culture) I don't enjoy a lot of the carry on that happens. And I've seen messy... in many situations and countries. It's not really something I want to see.. but that's fine since I now tend to live in larger cities, and have a choice as to which venues to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I think a lot of Irish travel to the same locations (as do other nations) and very often the most annoying bunch are the one that is the biggest and often of the certain age. Also important is the spending power. In previous years British with pound being higher than local currency tended to be more obnoxious.

Go to for example Croatian Islands which are taken ower by continental tourists and Germans/Slovenians/Italians or whoever will be labelled as worst. Go to some Greek island and it will be probably Israeli teenagers..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

meeeeh wrote: »
    I think a lot of Irish travel to the same locations (as do other nations) and very often the most annoying bunch are the one that is the biggest and often of the certain age. Also important is the spending power. In previous years British with pound being higher than local currency tended to be more obnoxious.

Go to for example Croatian Islands which are taken ower by continental tourists and Germans/Slovenians/Italians or whoever will be labelled as worst. Go to some Greek island and it will be probably Israeli teenagers..

Give me two weeks in Astoria Oregon or upstate Newhamshire rather than be around a load of educated idiot's fighting, pissing around the street's bringing their culture to shame, pissing their lives and our reputation all over foreign lands...
    Shower of ****.
    Thankfully I don't associations with plebs and piss heads, they represent the lower echelon's of society.

Mostly middle class new money, the types that call some of us boomers etc...

While people with more class and dignity respect people's property, culture and history... these **** piss all over everything,even themselves...

Advertisement