Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭leavingcert17

user115 wrote: »
    Casenote might be grand on the day but it's not one I'm gonna bank on.

Study going very slow for constit been going through papers til 2015 to work out what topics are usually up and its so hard to know, questions are so specific and topics are so broad. I'm really hoping it won't be that bad in exam, really think he must be an alright marker if there is usually about 65-70 pass rate

I have yet to cover:
    - Privacy, FOE, FOA, very popular
    - Liberty
    - Family and 42A, i think 42A is a fairly popular question
    - Equality
    - Unconstit
    - Amending constit

Have already done:
    - Interpret
    - SOP
    - Property rights
    - Right earn livihood
    - President and AG
    - Locus Standi
    - Fair procedures

Going to have to drink a serious amount of coffee to do 8 topics in space 4-5days....

How are you set, what topics you covering? Do you think I should cut anything from list above or anything I should really have done?
    I haven’t gone through the papers that much at all. I think we need to know as broad an area as we can. Yes I’m having lots of difficulty understanding questions so I hope I can get 5 on the Day. Are you condensing notes a lot? I am getting through those topics you mentioned just trying to cover all then hope I can revise very well a few days before. I’ve trial and due course to cover, but only picking a few from it and just reading the rest. Proportionally also.
    Are you covering referendum law? It’s so big! I’m wanting to not do it

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

I haven’t gone through the papers that much at all. I think we need to know as broad an area as we can. Yes I’m having lots of difficulty understanding questions so I hope I can get 5 on the Day. Are you condensing notes a lot? I am getting through those topics you mentioned just trying to cover all then hope I can revise very well a few days before. I’ve trial and due course to cover, but only picking a few from it and just reading the rest. Proportionally also.
    Are you covering referendum law? It’s so big! I’m wanting to not do it

Ya prob will do

• Registered Users Posts: 33 LJones18

Where can i buy the legislative sources? (Constitution, Succession Act, Land and Conveyancing Reform Act?)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nimcdona

LJones18 wrote: »
    Where can i buy the legislative sources? (Constitution, Succession Act, Land and Conveyancing Reform Act?)

You can call the government publications office and pay over the phone and they'll post them out. Takes up to 5 working days to deliver so you should do that soon to be safe. You can buy the constitution in book shops either

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

user115 wrote: »
    Thanks that'really helpful, so that was more of a general question on how catholicism runs through different parts of constit and you bring in things you listed. That's actually not bad question, would just be so stressed in exam that I have to zone in on a certain area, esp since most other exams are like that. Really hate that about constit, a Q could be just about 1 topic or about many.....so dreading it.

Thanks for this though, good approach to keep in mind for exam. Really hoping it is not as bad as I think on the day

Yeah I think he's a somewhat generous marker he was pretty sound in undergrad from what I recall though that's nearly 10 years ago!!!

A question like that is so vague there's quite a few angles to approach it, there is enough there to even discuss different interpretative methods in that q it could be a good way to approach religion in the constitution (as judges now may unintentionally draw a more secular approach than they would have in the past etc). I've passed it twice and both times I honestly hadn't covered that many topics. Other than first principles (interpretation, admin law principles like judicial review etc) I just stuck very rigidly to topical stuff, recent sc and echr cases as I figured they might have been inspiring to him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭illy.m

Anyone willing to sell their company legislation please pm

• Registered Users Posts: 27 TheLawGuy

Could someone please let me know what Q4 March 2019 Property Law was? I dont have that exam paper and was just wondering what the question was in relation to Family Property. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 PerryMason2020

TheLawGuy wrote: »
    Could someone please let me know what Q4 March 2019 Property Law was? I dont have that exam paper and was just wondering what the question was in relation to Family Property. Thanks

Hi,
    It was:
    Discuss the situations where a conveyance by a spouse/civil partner of an interest in the family/shared home will be valid despite the absence of prior written consent by the other spouse/civil partner. Your answer should be supported by relevant legal authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 TheLawGuy

Hi,
    It was:
    Discuss the situations where a conveyance by a spouse/civil partner of an interest in the family/shared home will be valid despite the absence of prior written consent by the other spouse/civil partner. Your answer should be supported by relevant legal authority.

Thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Does anybody have the Examiner’s Report for October’s EU Paper?

Alternatively, I’m wondering how people would’ve gone about the Member State Liability essay - particularly given its specific reference to equivalence, effectiveness, and practical possibility.

Any help appreciated! Thx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jeremiah25

What do we reckon for contract my good people?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CarrigView

Jeremiah25 wrote: »
    What do we reckon for contract my good people?

Just judging by past papers and reports it doesn't seem hugely possible to leave many areas out, aside from those that never come up/haven't been examined in the last decade. Seems as though even a question that's based 80% on one main topic will have have hints of another niche topic throw in to make it possible to pick up extra marks. I'd like to leave out a few more but feel like I could be doing myself out of a few handy marks by doing so!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭OMGWACA

Hi all,

That time again!

Looking to cut down for tort. Thinking of just covering the following;

Trespass/Nuisance/Rylands
    Duty of Care
    Vicarious Liability
    Causation/Remoteness
    Negligence/Standard of Care
    Defamation
    Occupier's Liability
    Trespass to the Person/Wilkinson v Downton
    Products Liability
    Damages/Quantum
    Nervous Shock
    Negligent Misstatement
    Passing Off

Anything I'm missing/any predictions/anything to really focus on?

Predictions for Company
    Ltd v DAC
    Corproate Authority
    SAP
    Minority Oppression & Winding Up
    Directors Duties
    Corporate Borrowing
    Receivership
    Realisation of Assets

Predictions for Property
    Succession
    Adverse Possession (would appreciate if anyone had a sample answer on reforms please!)
    Co-Ownership
    Easements
    Findings
    Landlord & Tenant
    Licences

Please help me and give me a steer for Tort! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Law1997

Anyone panicking yet? 😅😅😅

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

OMGWACA wrote: »
    Hi all,

That time again!

Looking to cut down for tort. Thinking of just covering the following;

Trespass/Nuisance/Rylands
    Duty of Care
    Vicarious Liability
    Causation/Remoteness
    Negligence/Standard of Care
    Defamation
    Occupier's Liability
    Trespass to the Person/Wilkinson v Downton
    Products Liability
    Damages/Quantum
    Nervous Shock
    Negligent Misstatement
    Passing Off

Please help me and give me a steer for Tort! :)

I think Limitations might be a shout for Tort. I wouldn't cut down if possible tbh, it's so unpredictable and anything can come up.

I think Limitations might be a shout for Tort.

I think limitations will come up up yeah, also hoping for damages and passing off

I think limitations will come up up yeah, also hoping for damages and passing off

Limitations, damages, passing off, nervous shock, vicarious and a trespass to person question are my hopefuls.

Also think Causation will probably come up.

Does anybody have the Examiner’s Report for October’s EU Paper?

Alternatively, I’m wondering how people would’ve gone about the Member State Liability essay - particularly given its specific reference to equivalence, effectiveness, and practical possibility.

Any help appreciated! Thx

Has anyone come back to you re EU Examiner Report? I can send it on to you if not.

Would anyone have a sample answer for any question in Property, Equity, or Criminal that they could send me? Even just one sample answer so I can get an idea as to how people are structuring them. Not sure I'm going about answering them the right way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Breacnua

Has anyone come back to you re EU Examiner Report? I can send it on to you if not.

Would anyone have a sample answer for any question in Property, Equity, or Criminal that they could send me? Even just one sample answer so I can get an idea as to how people are structuring them. Not sure I'm going about answering them the right way!

Pm email

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

Family Constitutional

Does the defacto family have any rights under Irish Constitution? Does Article 40.3 impact on them some way?

I know they are not recognized as having the protection under Art 41 because it is not a family based on marriage, this confirmed in MCD v L 2009 but is there some way that Article 40.3 unemnumerated rights gives them some sort of protection?

I'm really confused about family, only going to briefly do it and focus on 42a and definition on family, there is a lot in my manual about right to protection from unjust attack but like there is so much dunno if I'll cover that part seems to never be asked and so caught for time

• Advertisement

Law1997 wrote: »
    Anyone panicking yet? ������

For sure. Just have to keep trucking on!

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

For sure. Just have to keep trucking on!

I'm studying criminal and I keep having nightmares various criminal offences are happening to me, woke up in a cold sweat this morning at 4am thinking the house was full of burglars and kept saying to myself "is that section 12 or 13??? Oh God I can't remember!!!"

I'm studying criminal and I keep having nightmares various criminal offences are happening to me, woke up in a cold sweat this morning at 4am thinking the house was full of burglars and kept saying to myself "is that section 12 or 13??? Oh God I can't remember!!!"

Were they armed?

Thoughts on this for Company:

5 main changes of CA
    LTD v DAC
    Summary Approval Procedure
    Corporate Authority
    Separate Legal Personality
    Directors Duties
    Restriction/Disqualification
    Membership/Shareholders
    Minority Protection
    Borrowing
    Receivership
    Realisation of Assets
    Winding Up

Mainly I'm leaving out Share/Share Transfer, Examinership, Meetings/Resolutions and Fraudulent/Reckless Trading...

Reckon I should be ok?

Thoughts on this for Company:

5 main changes of CA
    LTD v DAC
    Summary Approval Procedure
    Corporate Authority
    Separate Legal Personality
    Directors Duties
    Restriction/Disqualification
    Membership/Shareholders
    Minority Protection
    Borrowing
    Receivership
    Realisation of Assets
    Winding Up

Mainly I'm leaving out Share/Share Transfer, Examinership, Meetings/Resolutions and Fraudulent/Reckless Trading...

Reckon I should be ok?

I’m doing mostly the same. Not doing your first three or Receivership, but I’m doing Share Transfer and Fraudulent/Reckless where you’re not. Tbh I figure we should have more than enough.

Once you consider there’s a Directors and a Borrowing question on each paper you’re only looking for 3 of your remaining topics to appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DUMSURFER

Hey I have a good lot for a bunch of different topics in Property. Any chance I could get the Examiners Report for EU from October. Would be a big help!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DUMSURFER

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have the Exam/Examiner Reports from October for:
    - EU
    - Company
    - Tort
    - Equity

Also did many people on here have success trying to carry forward exams you passed in October without getting the 'magic 3'?

DUMSURFER wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

- EU
    - Company
    - Tort
    - Equity

Also did many people on here have success trying to carry forward exams you passed in October without getting the 'magic 3'?

I brought forward a pass from March 2019, despite failing the retake in October haha

DUMSURFER wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

- EU
    - Company
    - Tort
    - Equity

Hey, PM me your email and I can send them on the examiner reports for Oct. Would you send me on the property sample answers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

Constitutional
    What are people’s thoughts on family and education is it a must topic ? Am I crazy for wanting to leave it out ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement