Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭JohnsKite

In constitution, what areas of SOP should I focus on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Breacnua

Is this lecture often an indication of what might come up? A Q on Fair Procedure or Locus Standi would be loooovely

Also thank you for posting

Im not sure tbh as I’m not doing it till October but many say he likes recent caselaw so maybe it’s worth looking at

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stressssedout

Hey, sorry if this question has been asked before but I couldn't find an answer searching the thread.

I was wondering if for constitutional what is the relevance of the right to life of the unborn and the 8th amendment following our referendum?

Sorry, I'm using an old manual and I was just wondering if this is still gonna come up seeing as the law has changed significantly?

Also, if it is relevant if anyone has any notes on how it should be tackled now, would be v appreciative.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sm333

eLawGirl wrote: »
    No not in my spam folder, I've emailed them again and resubmitted the form today, just wanted to see if it was a case that only some people were allowed carry forward for whatever reason or was it just my application was lost �� already paid for March sitting too, they make it so hard

I feel your stress! I got mine carried forward from October 2018 and haven't heard of anyone being denied for any reason. They also told me I would be getting a refund of the pass I had paid to sit in March.

Try not to worry. Fingers crossed they will get back to you in the coming days with good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Does anyone know why there was a sitting in March 2014 and again in April 2014?

Edit - Nvm I googled it lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Does anyone know why there was a sitting in March 2014 and again in April 2014?

Wondered this before too, found this below

https://www.lawsociety.ie/News/News/Stories/Additional-FE-1-Exam-Dates/#.XkwGQSXp2Ec

I would have a heart attack if exams were brought forward by two weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭vid36

There was a problem with venue availability in spring 2014 resulting in the exams being brought forward. Because of this, there were a lot of complaints, even some students organised a petition. In the end, the Law Society decided to compromise and arranged a special extra sitting for April 2014.
    If you look on the previous FE 1 thread, you can read all about it, but it is probably not the best use of your time.

vid36 wrote: »
    There was a problem with venue availability in spring 2014 resulting in the exams being brought forward. Because of this, there were a lot of complaints, even some students organised a petition. In the end, the Law Society decided to compromise and arranged a special extra sitting for April 2014.
    If you look on the previous FE 1 thread, you can read all about it, but it is probably not the best use of your time.

You overestimate the importance of things I find the time for at my desk haha - I know panic mode is mere days away though..

• Registered Users Posts: 11 smiley1989

Hi everyone,

Would anyone have sample answers for contract? I can swap for EU or constitutional sample answers.

Any tips on passing the contract exam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭law_struggles

How would you rank the 8 subjects in terms of difficulty from 1 to 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭vid36

Tort 8 Constutional 7 EU 6 Criminal 3 Contract 3 Equity 5 Company 5 Property
    I considered Tort and Constitutional the most difficult given the size of the courses and the huge range of topics that are examined.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Hamerzan Sickles

vid36 wrote: »
    Tort 8 Constutional 7 EU 6 Criminal 3 Contract 3 Equity 5 Company 5 Property
    I considered Tort and Constitutional the most difficult given the size of the courses and the huge range of topics that are examined.

Constitutional 8
    Tort 7
    Company 6
    Criminal 5
    Contract 4
    EU 3
    Equity 2
    Property 1

In thar order. Constitutional and Tort are by and large the two worst exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sm333

How would you rank the 8 subjects in terms of difficulty from 1 to 8?

Struggled massively with company and sailed through tort first time - everyone will be different so try not to stress yourself out about particular exams!

Would appreciate any ones thoughts on what I'm covering for EU...anything I should add? Is it enough to be safe?

Institutions
    Sources
    General Principles
    Direct Effect
    MS Liability
    Judicial Review
    FMOG
    FMOW
    Citizenship
    Equality

The obvious one left out is Competition law, but people have said it's a massive topic so not sure if I should cover it.

Not sure how best to prepare for the Case Note Q either

Would appreciate any ones thoughts on what I'm covering for EU...anything I should add? Is it enough to be safe?

Institutions
    Sources
    General Principles
    Direct Effect
    MS Liability
    Judicial Review
    FMOG
    FMOW
    Citizenship
    Equality

The obvious one left out is Competition law, but people have said it's a massive topic so not sure if I should cover it.

Not sure how best to prepare for the Case Note Q either

I’m doing the same as you pretty much. Covering FMServices/ Establishment instead of Sources of Law.

I’m also pretty much treating it as a 6Q exam for me seeing as 1 Q is always on the competition stuff and another is the case note.

Hopefully it pays off but competition is just too large.

I’m doing the same as you pretty much. Covering FMServices/ Establishment instead of Sources of Law.

I’m also pretty much treating it as a 6Q exam for me seeing as 1 Q is always on the competition stuff and another is the case note.

Hopefully it pays off but competition is just too large.

If the examiner sticks to the fairly predictable trend of the grid I think we will be safe.

Any deviation however...

If the examiner sticks to the fairly predictable trend of the grid I think we will be safe.

Any deviation however...

Any!

Exam numbers etc should be soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

Eu
    I am pretty much the exact same, for sources of law are people just covering the question on Regulation, Directive and decision, kinda confused on this part.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 QueenBeeLC

Any help for equity? I can’t seem to pass the exam. No trouble with the rest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Law1997

QueenBeeLC wrote: »
    Any help for equity? I can’t seem to pass the exam. No trouble with the rest

Practice all the past papers - a lot of the qs are recycled.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭JohnsKite

EU
    Does anyone have consolidated notes on competition law that they'd be willing to share?

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

Law1997 wrote: »
    Practice all the past papers - a lot of the qs are recycled.

What parts are you finding hard? Covering all topics, time or are you falling for red herrings on the exam? How many times have up failed? Could be just bad luck? As just said past qs are constantly recycled.

channing90 wrote: »
    Eu
    I am pretty much the exact same, for sources of law are people just covering the question on Regulation, Directive and decision, kinda confused on this part.

All I have for that is notes on Regulations, Directives, Delegated Acts and Implementing Acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tommyq94

I have typed up Constitutional exam focused notes on topics that tend to come up: Summaries of popular cases, notes on the essays topics, and the scenarios in problem questions that relate to cases.

Would anyone have any similar exam focused notes on Contract + Equity that they would be willing to trade?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭law_struggles

Which topics are people banking on for Tort?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

Has anybody bought notes from
    Law hero? I bought them today the money was taken from my account but I got no notes or confirmation email. I sent an email then and no answer.

jewels652 wrote: »
    Has anybody bought notes from
    Law hero? I bought them today the money was taken from my account but I got no notes or confirmation email. I sent an email then and no answer.

I actually got them for equity in the last sitting and didn’t rate them tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Breacnua

Didn’t rate them either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

How long did it take you to get the notes?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement