Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

Anybody have information about applying for refund for November exam that was passed in August? I’ve emailed three times now and still no reply...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭IgoPAP

lawgirl23 wrote: »
    Anybody have information about applying for refund for November exam that was passed in August? I’ve emailed three times now and still no reply...

I've been waiting 6 months for a refund. I think the Law Society strategy is just tire you out in the hopes that you'll eventually forget the money they owe you.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

lawgirl23 wrote: »

I emailed them and they replied saying it was being processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Jenosul

dobby896 wrote: »
    This was lovely to read today after a slightly stressy morning, thanks!

Thank you <3 Hope your day turned around. That is what this forum is for. Study tips, advice and support. <3
    Keep the faith. We will all pass all 8 eventually just on the balance of probabilities alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Aoibhin511

Does anyone have a note on State (DPP) v Walsh [1981] in relation to constitutional interpretation? The paragraph in my manual doesn't make sense and I can't find anything about it online in relation to the same issue as its being discussed in the manual (harmonious method). Basically, I don't understand what the conflict was/what articles were involved.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭StabiloLaw

Kaaazer wrote: »
    What is the current prospective date for EU in November?
    I was told that the exams would follow the same timetable as the October sitting, but starting on the 3rd of November.
    That would mean that EU would be the 13th, but they didn't say that to me exactly- just that it's the same days, starting the 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Hi I recently got an invitation on LinkedIn to a "Pathways in Law" webinar in 5 days. It's purpose is to "open the eyes of law graduates and junior lawyers to the many different routes to success in the legal profession".

Does this sound of any value to anyone? I mean, I kind of know my path for now at least. Do the FE1s, try and get a bit of work experience in a law firm to boost the CV for TCs, get training contracts and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Fe1student1234

Lallers96 wrote: »
    Hi I recently got an invitation on LinkedIn to a "Pathways in Law" webinar in 5 days. It's purpose is to "open the eyes of law graduates and junior lawyers to the many different routes to success in the legal profession".

Does this sound of any value to anyone? I mean, I kind of know my path for now at least. Do the FE1s, try and get a bit of work experience in a law firm to boost the CV for TCs, get training contracts and so on.

I also got that - don’t see the harm in registering for it - I think it’s more like there’s loads of places to train and ways to do it

I registered for it

I've reworked my topics for Contract, would this be enough to get 5+ Qs?

- Offer & Acceptance
    - Consideration & Promissory Estoppel
    - Terms of a Contract (Implied & Express)
    - Consumer Protection
    - Mistake
    - Exclusion Clauses
    - Remedies

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fe12020oct

Would I be correct in saying equity exam’s provisional date in November is Tuesday 10th?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

StabiloLaw wrote: »
    I was told that the exams would follow the same timetable as the October sitting, but starting on the 3rd of November.
    That would mean that EU would be the 13th, but they didn't say that to me exactly- just that it's the same days, starting the 3rd.

any screenshot of that October timetable? i know it was posted here a while back but ive lost it..

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ScatmanWhack

Lallers96 wrote: »
    I've reworked my topics for Contract, would this be enough to get 5+ Qs?

- Offer & Acceptance
    - Consideration & Promissory Estoppel
    - Terms of a Contract (Implied & Express)
    - Consumer Protection
    - Mistake
    - Exclusion Clauses
    - Remedies

I've done all of these but have added discharge and capacity of minors (very short and easy). Haven't sat contract before so would be good to hear from others whether this would be enough given questions can be mixed etc, but you'd be covering the most important topics there for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭shaunadennyham

Law society confirmed to me by email that there will be no online sitting of the exams. Dublin venues are RDS Red Cow and Croke Park depending on restrictions and numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nicolesd

did anyone get a confirmed venue yet? i just seen on an instgram account i follow someone posted confirmation from the law society saying their fe1 application for red cow moran had been approved?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭CoconutHeadMia

nicolesd wrote: »
    did anyone get a confirmed venue yet? i just seen on an instgram account i follow someone posted confirmation from the law society saying their fe1 application for red cow moran had been approved?

My application says I am in the red cow too

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nicolesd

where about does it say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Lawlaw12

My application says I am in the red cow too

Can I ask where it says that?
    When I log in all my application says is 'approved'

nicolesd wrote: »
    where about does it say that?

says on the second line of the email your fe1 examination application for red cow moran hotel has been approved for payment

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Aoibhin511

says on the second line of the email your fe1 examination application for red cow moran hotel has been approved for payment

email?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Lawlaw12

I think if it was your first time to register you had to be sent an approval email before paying so that's where it said it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

Lawlaw12 wrote: »
    Can I ask where it says that?
    When I log in all my application says is 'approved'

i am the same my application only says approved, i applied in October for the October sitting :0 GULP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭shaunadennyham

Venues are red cow Croke park or RDS

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭SKLaw

So only those first time applicants got the email or did anybody else who has applied before get the email?

At this stage, I’m always feeling so anxious for any update from the LawSoc

SKLaw wrote: »
    So only those first time applicants got the email or did anybody else who has applied before get the email?

At this stage, I’m always feeling so anxious for any update from the LawSoc

This is my first time applying, submitted my application and waited a couple of weeks then got an email saying that my application for red cow moran has been approved and to pay through the link attached. Not sure if that's where I will actually be but that's all that was in the email

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

its my second sitting and I never got a payment link or email with a venue I just paid on the LS website as part of my application. My application just got approved straight away but got no email with any info on the exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Fe1student1234

Iso_123 wrote: »
    its my second sitting and I never got a payment link or email with a venue I just paid on the LS website as part of my application. My application just got approved straight away but got no email with any info on the exam.

Same but like we’ve paid and it’s been approved so I wouldn’t worry too much

Will probably know more Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 37 CiaraND16

Just spoke to someone from the law school and they confirmed company contract and EU are same says as October sitting so I presume the rest are the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

I got an email with payment link but it did not give location \_(")_/

Good to know that they're committed to physical sittings. Not that I prefer them, but it's just good to know where we stand. I had to buy a new laptop which has drained most of my funds just on the off chance they were online this month (original date).

I still can't see it going ahead, case numbers keep rising in Dublin no matter being level 3 or whatever level they put them on. They already postponed the entire sitting once it became impossible to sit them in Dublin. So I can't see it going ahead in Cork, even if they somehow avoid imminent level 3 restrictions.

For those who apply first they have to be emailed a payment link. This is not the case for people who have already sat one before. I paid during my application on the LS website and after a few weeks it was approved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

Is anyone else struggling with constitutional law at the moment? I just can't seem to wrap my head around some of the topics and find it difficult to identify the issues/topics in some of the problem questions! feeling a bit defeated by it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement