Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Any idea on how long would take to get confirmation on the August exam? Registered yesterday and waiting for payment link and confirmation email. Reluctant to buy accelerated courses if there’s no definite place in exam, figuring there might be constraint on numbers w social distancing.

Also wondering the same.

I still haven't gotten any email confirmation and had errors the whole day. I hope that my application has gone through properly. I never ordered my final year transcripts from NUIG so I just used the degree I got at my grad (hope that wasn't a mistake).

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Debarramike137

Hi guys

Anyone got sample answers/grid or anything else for contract please? Happy to swap..I’ve got material for property, criminal and tort. Thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Neighomes

Hi,

Does anyone have sample answers or exam grids for EU, Property, Equity and Criminal please?

Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭IgoPAP

Does anybody know what you need to upload for the Qualifications Details part of the online application? I assume that it's not a transcript or degree certificate as it asks for that in the later section...

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

Iso_123 wrote: »
    hi, has anybody received their results letter from the March sitting yet? still no sign for me!

I also wanted to ask whether anybody who has been in contact with the Law Society knows when the timetable for the October exam would be available? I'm doing a prep course which started last week and have signed up for company but i'm trying to wait on the timetable to pick the rest of my subjects! (didn't do law for my undergrad)

Same no sign of results letter, its nearly 2 months at this stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 JimmyJazzz

Hi folks,

Would any kind soul be willing to send me EU and Tort materials? Grids/sample answers/past papers would be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

user115 wrote: »
    Same no sign of results letter, its nearly 2 months at this stage!

I emailed as work was nagging me for proof I'd passed but they said they haven't posted any yet, I'd say there is nobody physically there. They said no soft copies so you'll have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

Could someone post what was on the constitutional exam in the last sitting ie March 2020 Please!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

Hey would anyone have any Tort past papers or grids? I have all notes and more than happy to swap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Fe1newbie

For August sittings are people well into the ‘grind’ yet or just starting?

• Advertisement

Fe1newbie wrote: »

Fairly well into it now. Only a month and a half left so you'd want to be really. Still haven't received an email confirming my spot though which is concerning

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Pc_law

For those of you who have sat Tort already - I am using the manuals for my notes and was wondering how much of an overlap is there in terms of different sections. Say for example you are answering a question on Product's Liability, a large proportion of which is based on general negligence principles - is there a need to go beyond the Product's Liability chapter and include case law from causation/standard of care sections or is it sufficient to just focus on that chapter? The particular manual I am using does seem to have plenty of case law for each section. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Fe1newbie

Lallers96 wrote: »
    Fairly well into it now. Only a month and a half left so you'd want to be really. Still haven't received an email confirming my spot though which is concerning

Yeah I must start back myself
    Tomorrow I think I’ll get stuck into it.
    Really depends on if your sitting 1 or 2 I think 3 weeks per subjects is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Pc_law wrote: »
    For those of you who have sat Tort already - I am using the manuals for my notes and was wondering how much of an overlap is there in terms of different sections. Say for example you are answering a question on Product's Liability, a large proportion of which is based on general negligence principles - is there a need to go beyond the Product's Liability chapter and include case law from causation/standard of care sections or is it sufficient to just focus on that chapter? The particular manual I am using does seem to have plenty of case law for each section. Thanks.

Well, you’d need to know the legislation for product liability too. You can rely on both common law and statute for it. Liability for defective products 1991

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Fe1newbie wrote: »

I haven’t started yet, I’m not working so don’t want to be at it too long either. I’ll probably start in a week or two. Tort is the last one I have left and have notes ready to go after March postponement

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fe120R

Is anyone still waiting to get a copy of their scripts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 john_fe12020

Has anyone heard back from the law society about their August applications yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 LJones18

Can anyone send me the grid for Company Law please?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Has anyone heard back from the law society about their August applications yet?

Got mine straight away!

Got mine straight away!

Thanks...still haven't heard anything, my application is still "submitted for review"...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 musicmanual123

Thanks...still haven't heard anything, my application is still "submitted for review"...

Im the same submitted it the day it opened, still submitted for review

Im the same submitted it the day it opened, still submitted for review

Good to know it's not just me!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭irishmisile

Good to know it's not just me!

Haven’t got an email after applying that morning but when I go back onto the website to apply, it says my application is waiting for review as well (in a green, positive looking box).

Surely the overflow of candidates from March will be automatically given a spot, and then the remainder spots are up for grabs from the rest of us. And if there’s going to be social distancing in place, I predict there will either the a) very few new candidates sitting the August exam or b) they will extend it to over 2 days to accommodate the large number of applicants (just my own two cents)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Starting to study today and I am NOT happy about it

Haven’t got an email after applying that morning but when I go back onto the website to apply, it says my application is waiting for review as well (in a green, positive looking box).

Surely the overflow of candidates from March will be automatically given a spot, and then the remainder spots are up for grabs from the rest of us. And if there’s going to be social distancing in place, I predict there will either the a) very few new candidates sitting the August exam or b) they will extend it to over 2 days to accommodate the large number of applicants (just my own two cents)

Yeah I don't know really how they're going to cater for all the applicants (obviously the March people get priority)...Can't see them doing it over two days though, more likely would be an extra venue ran simultaneously, but still unlikely...

• Registered Users Posts: 24 laworlawww

I just got an acceptance email and a link to pay about an hour ago, as did a few others I know so they seem to be getting back to people anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭irishmisile

What subjects are you sitting and when? Best of luck to you mate.

I started looking at (not full-on revising) EU and Tort in order to sit them both in August. Might just do EU though, get it out of the way and see what I am like in my first FE1 sitting. I keep hearing that Tort is so broad and that you don't need as many cases as in undergrad.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Healyjhow

laworlawww wrote: »
    I just got an acceptance email and a link to pay about an hour ago, as did a few others I know so they seem to be getting back to people anyways!

Hey can I ask are you a new applicant or had applied in March?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 laworlawww

Healyjhow wrote: »
    Hey can I ask are you a new applicant or had applied in March?

New applicant! :)

• Advertisement

New applicant myself, still haven't heard word back and I applied the first day the applications opened.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement