Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airport alert as lethal coronavirus on our doorstep

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Remember when Ebola was going to kill us all? Or SARS? Or Swine Flu? Mass hysteria as usual and the media are loving it.

oh sure it'll be fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

I was thinking of buying a "Wuhan" tee-shirt and walking around coughing a lot.

https://www.amazon.com/China-Funz-T-Shirt-Wuhan/dp/B07L2V9ZD8/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=wuhan+tee-shirt&qid=1580305032&sr=8-3

I see there's a load of Wuhan tee-shirts on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

https://www.amazon.com/China-Funz-T-Shirt-Wuhan/dp/B07L2V9ZD8/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=wuhan+tee-shirt&qid=1580305032&sr=8-3

Looks like that ships from China, could backfire on you:)

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

I don't really get this attitude TBH. Not particularly funny either, considering how many people (children in particular) who might die from this virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Some serious stuff.

The WuFlu is starting to freak US officials out based on the steps China has taken. The government has begun pulling our diplomats out of Wuhan. But roughly 1,000 Americans still remain there. The government is now talking about obtaining charter flights for the citizens in Wuhan and keeping them in quarantine in Alaska until the incubation period for the virus has passed. Some government officials are even calling for a targeted travel ban on China to prevent the spread of the deadly WuFlu to the US.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭circadian

56 million Chinese now quarantined/banned from travel and international eyes now looking at the 3 military bio-labs in Wuhan

What international eyes? What 3 military bio labs? Have you got any evidence or sources for these claims?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

notobtuse wrote: »
    Some serious stuff.

The WuFlu is starting to freak US officials out based on the steps China has taken. The government has begun pulling our diplomats out of Wuhan. But roughly 1,000 Americans still remain there. The government is now talking about obtaining charter flights for the citizens in Wuhan and keeping them in quarantine in Alaska until the incubation period for the virus has passed. Some government officials are even calling for a targeted travel ban on China to prevent the spread of the deadly WuFlu to the US.

Why do Republicans and their Alt-Right always make up silly little terms and nicknames? It's the Corona virus.
    Have the Trump kids been vetted? They do a lot of business with China.

Why do Republicans and their Alt-Right always make up silly little terms and nicknames? It's the Corona virus.
    The term is what has your knickers all bunched up? Beware of aliens, then.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

technically it is A Corona virus not THE Corona virus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

5 cases in France.

https://www.bfmtv.com/sante/coronavirus-en-france-un-cinquieme-cas-confirme-la-fille-du-touriste-chinois-hospitalise-a-paris-1849280.html

2 are critical/ serious condition.

A fifth case of coronavirus was confirmed in France on Wednesday, Health Minister Agnès Buzyn said during her daily press conference .

It is "the daughter of the Chinese tourist hospitalized recently in intensive care in a serious condition", which represented the fourth case listed in France of this viral pneumonia that appeared in China in December, the minister said during this press point.

So we have two cases in intensive care: the 80-year-old tourist patient who had been diagnosed, and a 30-year-old man whose condition has deteriorated and who needs oxygen in an intensive care unit", developed the minister.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MoashoaM

oh no, they gave it a silly little term!? how awful! the world is officially a shade darker than before.

I didn't know this was THE corona virus either. So it's the main boss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

circadian wrote: »
    What international eyes? What 3 military bio labs? Have you got any evidence or sources for these claims?

There only one confirmed lab.

Washington Times- speculative opinion.
    The deadly animal virus epidemic spreading globally may have originated in a Wuhan laboratory linked to China’s covert biological weapons program, according to an Israeli biological warfare expert.

Radio Free Asia this week rebroadcast a local Wuhan television report from 2015 showing China’s most advanced virus research laboratory known the Wuhan Institute of Virology, Radio Free Asia reported.

The laboratory is the only declared site in China capable of working with deadly viruses.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jan/24/virus-hit-wuhan-has-two-laboratories-linked-chines/

The deadly animal virus epidemic spreading globally may have originated in a Wuhan laboratory linked to China’s covert biological weapons program, according to an Israeli biological warfare expert.

Radio Free Asia this week rebroadcast a local Wuhan television report from 2015 showing China’s most advanced virus research laboratory known the Wuhan Institute of Virology, Radio Free Asia reported.

The laboratory is the only declared site in China capable of working with deadly viruses.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jan/24/virus-hit-wuhan-has-two-laboratories-linked-chines/

It's still speculative, and not proven. Many countries have labs relating to viruses and other similar concerns without them being a bio-weapons lab.

I'm sure China does have bio-weapons labs... but I've no idea where they might be... being a covert lab after all...

Thanks... I haven’t heard about this theory. I was under the impression the WuFlu was a zoonotic disease thought to have originated in bats that passed the disease to snakes, which then passed it to humans. Originated in “wet markets” of Wuhan (poorly regulated animal markets mixed with illegal wildlife trade) that put people and live and dead animals (dogs, chickens, pigs, snakes, civets, and more) in close contact with one another that made it easy for the virus to make an interspecies jump.

I think wet markets just means the animals are killed, butchered, and sold, without being frozen in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

I think wet markets just means the animals are killed, butchered, and sold, without being frozen in between.
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/abolish-asias-wet-markets-where-pandemics-breed-11580168707

• Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

notobtuse wrote: »
    Thanks... I haven’t heard about this theory. I was under the impression the WuFlu was a zoonotic disease thought to have originated in bats that passed the disease to snakes, which then passed it to humans. Originated in “wet markets” of Wuhan (poorly regulated animal markets mixed with illegal wildlife trade) that put people and live and dead animals (dogs, chickens, pigs, snakes, civets, and more) in close contact with one another that made it easy for the virus to make an interspecies jump.

This is what I thought happened. A lot of wild animals like snakes and bats are used in traditional Chinese medicine so there’s a thriving but somewhat illegal trade for these animals there. Basically some idiot ate some part of a bat because he thought it would help him in some way and now we have this problem as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

MadYaker wrote: »
    This is what I thought happened. A lot of wild animals like snakes and bats are used in traditional Chinese medicine so there’s a thriving but somewhat illegal trade for these animals there. Basically some idiot ate some part of a bat because he thought it would help him in some way and now we have this problem as a result.

Did you not see the pics of a woman eating soup with a whole bat floating in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭I see sheep

In UK now, Newcastle rvi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭circadian

Did you not see the pics of a woman eating soup with a whole bat floating in it?

That was a blogger in Pilau or somewhere from 3 years ago.

Advertisement