Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Rugby 2020

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,021 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Highlanders to ruin crusaders route to the comp... You heard it here first!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭swiwi_

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Highlanders to ruin crusaders route to the comp... You heard it here first!

In other news our thoughts and prays with syd as he spends his first night in a mental asylum.

swiwi_ wrote: »
    In other news our thoughts and prays with syd as he spends his first night in a mental asylum.

Whoop whoop!!!

Gonna give your boys a paddlin swiwi!

Great first half, the quality of rugby is excellent.

Highlanders 17-14 crusaders.

I feel we're going to miss josh Dixon badly for the rest of the season

Ran out of legs...

Well done swiwis boys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

That was a very good game of footie. The Crusaders are just relentless. The dont give the opposition a chance and they wear them down.

Thought Cody Taylor was very impressive. Goodhue gets better and better every time I see him. Jordan is going to be an AB soon and Moauga was fantastic. For the Highlanders I thought Smith was his usual top quality and Frizzel is back to the form that got him in the ABs. Nice cameo from Whetton as well.

It will take some performance from any team to beat the Crusaders this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

No comments on Australian Super matches? Is interest minimal on this forum?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Brumbies were the much better team this morning but switched off big time in the 2nd half. A lot of handling errors, silly penalties, and looked a lot rustier than when the NZ teams started back.

Didn't watch yesterday's but I heard it was error and penalty ridden.

Also the commentary team were dreadful!! Made an average game seem poor to worse

Have them on record, the 10am KO times are not really suiting live watching

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

It kind of amazed me how the Highlander’s managed to stay in the game. Without a scrum or a lineout, fairplay to them. Great game but the Crusaders are just phenomenal.

• Advertisement

stephen_n wrote: »
    It kind of amazed me how the Highlander’s managed to stay in the game. Without a scrum or a lineout, fairplay to them. Great game but the Crusaders are just phenomenal.

Our aggressive defense and pin point spot tackles kept us in it.... But it was clear we were hanging on. 5 substitutions made before crusaders made their first. It was telling in the last five minutes that we simply couldn't contest the ruck, we were so bolloxed.... Against the saders that's the smell of blood

Our line out wasn't the worst, I think we got parity there, but DLB took a bad back injury in the first half and simply couldn't match up... Crusaders scrum is so powerful even when at full strength to defend it.

I thought it was a great game though. Not a ruck pen great like the first few weeks, and great example of how fast pressured phased play opens cracks in defense.

So the Canes have ended the Chiefs chances in the competition. Gatland not having much of an impact so far.

Decent kick from Jordie at around 2:40. Near on 60m, clears the bar easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Our aggressive defense and pin point spot tackles kept us in it.... But it was clear we were hanging on. 5 substitutions made before crusaders made their first. It was telling in the last five minutes that we simply couldn't contest the ruck, we were so bolloxed.... Against the saders that's the smell of blood

Our line out wasn't the worst, I think we got parity there, but DLB took a bad back injury in the first half and simply couldn't match up... Crusaders scrum is so powerful even when at full strength to defend it.

I thought it was a great game though. Not a ruck pen great like the first few weeks, and great example of how fast pressured phased play opens cracks in defense.

The highlanders attacking play is very impressive. They run some brilliant lines, identifying soft shoulders very quickly. Crusaders defense and line speed is very aggressive but they still managed to find weaknesses to exploit. Was a great game to watch that’s for sure.

It's all being set up for the Crusaders v Blues in Eden Park in the last round to be grand final. I hope so any way.

Now that I've put a jinx on them, the Blues will lose the rest of their games.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

Chiefs season is over. Hard to believe pre-lockdown they were 4-2 with wins over both the Crusaders and Blues.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Melbourne in a 6 week lockdown. Wonder how that impacts super rugby now

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Melbourne in a 6 week lockdown. Wonder how that impacts super rugby now

the rebels are based out of canberra for the next four weeks at least.

the rebels are based out of canberra for the next four weeks at least.

Poor bastards. I'd rather be in lockdown than Canberra.

first game to go to 'golden point' is currently on...

rebels 18 - 18 reds

full time, ends in a draw 18 18

one 50m penalty attempt which dropped short

• Advertisement

Are the blues going to do something special here?

I hope anyone who thinks there's no defending in super rugby is watching this, every millimeter is fought for tooth and nail

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I am really enjoying this game of rugby.

Richie mounga is on a different level to every other player on the field

That crusaders team is simply relentless....

Great game

Bugger.

This tahs force game is like a different sport... Mistakes all over the place

Good win for the Canes. Pretty crazy they could have ended up losing, had plenty of opportunities to put the game to bed, but didn't capitalise.

Highlanders lineout was abysmal. They would have been better to take a scrum or tap at the end, it was always going to be a complete lottery whether they'd get the ball back from the lineout.

Another good win for the Canes. Only watched the highlights, but looked like a cracker.

Was pretty crazy to see Laumape beat Beauden Barrett on the outside for a try.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    Another good win for the Canes. Only watched the highlights, but looked like a cracker.

Was pretty crazy to see Laumape beat Beauden Barrett on the outside for a try.

You could make the argument that Beauden currently isn't the best rugby player in the barrett household.

He was flaky and ineffective today, whereas jordie was assured and influential for the Canes

Advertisement