Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently buying/selling a house? How is it going? READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,203 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

No. It means things like curtain poles, switches, windows etc. probably light bulbs.

Any fitted kitchen will probably stay. Worth getting the solicitor to clarify

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Fixtures are the ones that stay in place, fittings are the ones that fall (according to sites online), that is why I am confused, will ask for specification.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭LunaLoo

Light fittings fitted kitchen fitted wardrobes. A free standing table, sofa or bed are not fitted to the house

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'd be surprised if they left everything, though it is a new build so they might. That's why I am asking my solicitor now, every website I check says things like beds, couches etc count as fittings. I guess the best thing to do is get an inventory and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mr Hindley

I viewed a property on Monday, which I really liked - the estate agent said there were two bidders (it's been on the market a few weeks so I was curious that there hadn't been more interest, but it is highly-priced.) I looked on the Sherry Fitz site yesterday and could see the two bidders there and the value of their offers. Last night, I looked again, and the 'My Sherry Fitz' window seemed to have been disabled for that particular property, so the individual offers were no longer visible, though from the little I could see, it was now down to one offer. It makes me wonder if the higher bidder dropped out, and they're trying to mask that fact...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

The other bidder was likely a "bidder" if you know what I mean...

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mr Hindley

I had wondered - although I'd be (perhaps naively) surprised if they'd go so far as logging a false bid on their public portal. I have said that I like the property but the price is a concern, so if they had done a fake bid hoping to push me higher, they might be backpedalling to keep me in the running. But I'd say the simpler explanation is more likely - a potential buyer either landed another property, or has taken fright with the talk of the market dropping.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I’d highly doubt this tbh. The reputational damage of something like that is really not worth any hassle for the sake of a man extra €100 or so in commission for the likes of SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭TheRona

Did you query with the EA? I dealt with SF for one potential property we were looking at, and I found the EA to be very upfront with what was going on with the property. Their system of placing bids also seems a good middle ground between the cloak-and-dagger of email offers, and the madness of Auctioneera.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

na

• Advertisement

When I bought a place last year, the vendors left absolutely everything. There was nothing in the contract about fixtures and furniture. No inventory. They took personal items like photos, but otherwise was as though they’d literally gone out for a walk and not come back. Only thing missing was dinner on the table

EA said they were elderly and unwell and were moving back into a smaller property they already had. But was cheeky to just leave me everything

As it happens, I earned a couple of grand on a house clearout that I advertised on the local FB page. Took a couple of nice things myself and then was an ‘everything must go’ situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 donaleire

Hi Everyone,

Im wondering what others make of the following situation? I have been sale agreed since March and we have everything done, the loan offer issued, contracts signed on our end and any remaining issues have been resolved. However, we were hoping to arrange a closing date prior to sending contracts back, but our solicitor hasn't been getting any answers from the vendors solicitor. I contacted the estate agent and apparently the vendor has been unreachable for nearly 2 weeks for both her solicitor and the estate agent. Her new house is ready to go though (she's in a chain) How would you proceed in these circumstances? I really need a closing date so that I can begin to plan out a move and the rental of my current property etc.

Nice deal for you in the end! I'd like them to leave stuff as it's all brand new and well i'd like to own a couch an table haha, probably won't, have asked for an inventory

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Glaceon

I'm starting to struggle with this and am afraid it could all fall apart now. It has been about a year since we paid the deposit. The house is more or less built except for the back garden and ESB Networks are onsite to do the electricity installation. But the builder can't give me any idea as to when they'll be done. The problem is that our mortgage approval expires on 14th June. The bank won't extend the mortgage again and are insisting on us applying fresh. They also won't carry out a valuation because the electricity isn't installed. This is the worst possible time with a twice postponed wedding coming up early next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

every once in while you encounter someone beit in retail , government departments or the Estate agent industry who just loves annoying people and being generally obnoxious

trying to buy a house in Limerick right now and this EA Im dealing with today uttered the following with a straight face

" for every new bid you make , we will need a letter from youre solicitor to verify that you have the funds "

now to point out i got my solicitor to write a letter verifying that i had funds but according to this auctioneer , i need a fresh one for every stage of the bidding process ?

genuinely thought they were having a laugh so asked them if they expected my solicitor to do a fresh letter in tandem with the bidding process ?

sometimes you just wish an auctioneer came right out said they have a friend in mind for the property

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭D n G

Our mortgage has been approved apparently but the mortgage advisor said there was a couple of mistakes in the loan offer paperwork and he sent it back to be amended - last Thursday. According to him there is now a delay because the office that deals with the amendments are all out sick and there is nobody to do the amendments. We lost the last house we went for and are now stressing that this one will go belly up because of delays by the EBS. They made us reappy for the mortgage after the last house went by the wayside and we also had to reapply for the mortgage protection waiver (although they had only granted that to us in Jan).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Sale agreed since April 1st - still waiting for the loan offer to be issued with Avant but it appears its in the final review queue. It seems unfortunately after every stage or query it goes back into another queue and with the amount of applicants due to their good rates and surge to complete after announcing the rates increase in July they're struggling with processing due to the volumes further delaying things.

That said sellers solicitor has said the sellers are getting uneasy which makes us uneasy at something which is out of our hands. At the same time don't see the benefit for them of pulling out now and having to go through the entire process again (even with the hopes of getting a quick(er) cash buyer).

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Whodat19

Hey, we have been sale agreed for past 5 months and finally see an end in sight with the last document required being here tomorrow. Our lender has called us today to say that we have to reapply for mortgage approval is up since 1st May. It's so frustrating, I thought we had until the end of the month but at least the end is near.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭LunaLoo

We've got to stage where contracts have been sent out to the purchasers of our house after them putting pressure on for contracts and an early June closing. Both us and the vendors of our house are ready to go now just waiting on them to get Contracts back.

But now they've requested another survey next week. They've already had bank one and then a second one which we had been told was a structural one.

Not really sure why they couldn't have had this organised before now and it's worrying me a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Redjackie

Anyone know how many days does it take to receive the sale proceeds from property sale? I was thinking maybe one week.

Does the solicitor deduct CGT from the proceeds or can it be paid before 30th Nov?

Thanks!

• Advertisement

Went sale agreed with an exception with ICS, then they changed their rates massively. So trying to get an exception with BOI myself atm (1.9% vs 3.45%), since broker doesn't deal with them. Broker wants to push to loan offer stage with ICS, but I want to wait until I hear back from BOI first, as to whether I can get an exception. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Expateire

Hi all.

I've been keeping an eye on this page for a while (great info!) but not posted before. Have been looking for a property since early 2021 since moving back from the UK, the now usual story of losing out to higher bidders on places eventually going for up to 30% over asking etc etc.

Came across an off market property this year, went sale agreed last month and all parties have agreed to move in date next month pending all paperwork going smoothly.

Wanted to say to all those who've had issues like me in searching for over a year, keep the faith and keep the local EA relationships going, that was the off market route I eventually found to work.

In the meantime it's fingers crossed here for no last minute issues! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Could you get the loan offer but push ahead wioth other mortgage providers in the meantime?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

I don't think the solicitor has any dealing with the tax side at all

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Xidu

Ireland has the worst house purchasing system. Just the 2 side’s solicitors playing around, they get to say so many bullshit to you and you don’t even know what the hell are those documents and what function are they exactly for? And this survey that Eng reports…etc

TBH in my opinion just a way of creating jobs and ripping off from people.

Feeling more optimistic now. I got an update yesterday that the electricity is installed and that second fix should be completed by the end of the week and valuation and snagging can then proceed. So, while it'll be tight, we might just make it over the line. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Ciara26

Can I ask where ur buying? I’m the same waiting for connection. Never thought just waiting could be so stressful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Got a proposed completion date of 16th June. Delighted. Hopefully we're on the home straight now.

• Advertisement

OK, so I got a mail that our house will be ready for snagging on Monday. 😊

I saw some recommendations for propertyhealthcheck.ie earlier in the thread but I noticed that they don't cover non-structural issues such as paint splashes, surface scratches or cracked glass. I asked about that and they recommended that I should go in myself to do that side of things. Is that normal?

Advertisement