Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently buying/selling a house? How is it going? READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Glory83

Dolbhad wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. It’s very unreasonable for a seller to not provide it. It’s usually the original estate transfer that’s registered as a burden.

Because it’s a burden on the folio, it affects any owners of the property and you need to ensure there are no covenants that affect you. My sister has an estate transfer than that you cannot build an exempt development unless you getting planning permission which her solicitor has said Is very unusual.

As you are getting a mortgage your solicitor needs the official copy from land registry. Land registry can only give a copy to the registered owner (ie the seller) or their solicitor so you can’t go get a copy yourself. It’s only €40 so no excuse not to provide it.

However could you see if vendor will give a consent letter to say you can apply for the instrument and you could then request it for the €40 and sign contracts subject to receipt of it??

Thank you for your feedback. It seems something fishy honestly. They are very firm against providing it. The owner for the solicitor's firm whom representing her. So, I think she knows very well what we are looking for. I start believing there is something not right about that property. Anyway, we signed the contracts based on them providing what we need. I hope the prospects of another lockdown approaching to change their minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Bought a brand new property last month.

When do I first pay the LPT (local property tax)?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dev_ire

How long does it usually take for sale agreed for your solicitor to get contracts/deeds? Not to action them to just get them from the other solicitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Hey, I didn't want to start a new thread for a simple question.
    I've just gone sale agreed and the vendor is looking for a very fast turn around (basis of picking us instead of a higher offer), I'm wondering if anyone would have a recommendation for an efficient solicitor in or around Tallaght/D24 area?
    All funds are in order and we're looking for a turn around of about 4-6 weeks so If anyone has had good experience in the recent past any advice on firms or independence would be great.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Queenio

CianRyan wrote: »
    I've just gone sale agreed and the vendor is looking for a very fast turn around (basis of picking us instead of a higher offer), I'm wondering if anyone would have a recommendation for an efficient solicitor in or around Tallaght/D24 area?

I've sent you a pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Reins

CianRyan

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Bid asking price. Asking price was well below market value. Went 85k above asking. Which ironically was exactly what we valued it at. Will be interesting to see if the sale goes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

CianRyan wrote: »
    All funds are in order and we're looking for a turn around of about 4-6 weeks so If anyone has had good experience in the recent past any advice on firms or independence would be great.

Thanks!

Just note that there's loads of things that can hold it up. Even if everything is fine, no problems with the deeds etc, 4-6 weeks sounds optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Very optimistic!

Our purchase should close Friday, and that will mark 9 weeks, and I think ours was very straightforward

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

I put my place up on Wednesday lunchtime, EA called up on Thursday morning saying there had been good interest and asked if we could organise viewings for Saturday. Before the viewings were over I had my first offer over asking and on the same day 2 more offers over asking.

This sounds like where I viewed on Saturday :confused::(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dev_ire

Very optimistic!

Our purchase should close Friday, and that will mark 9 weeks, and I think ours was very straightforward

9 weeks from sale agreed or from what point? Any chain?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

dev_ire wrote: »
    9 weeks from sale agreed or from what point? Any chain?

I was an FTB and bought a house that had gone through probate, which was complete by the time they put it on the market, so absolutely no chain at all and it took longer than 9 weeks from sale agreed to getting the keys, think it was more like 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

When we sold our house last November we went sale agreed to keys handed over in 5 weeks. The buyers were under pressure to move by the end of November and the house was vacant as we were already living elsewhere, so there was nothing on our side.

So it is possible to complete in 4-6 weeks but our EA said it was the fastest sale she'd ever seen! Not sure if it would be possible in the times of COVID though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Went sale agreed Aug 5th. Contracts finally came through last week, but with omissions. Solicitors playing email tennis now.
    Our lease is up on the 31st of this month, so we are very eager to get pen to paper this week and keys handed over as a priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Bought a brand new property last month.

When do I first pay the LPT (local property tax)?

We paid for it as part of settlement for all costs handled by our solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

AngryLips wrote: »

There is no LPT on properties built since 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

AngryLips wrote: »

If you paid LPT to a solicitor on a new build in the last few years then you have been conned, as new builds are currently exempt due to a loophole in the legislation. I don't think a solicitor would do LTP anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Our buyer also wants to close within 4 weeks (he's a cash buyer) our solicitor(a friend of ours) has posted the contracts.

We still haven't found our new house. We had interest in one which has been on the market a small few months, but in the last week it has gained a lot of interest according to the EA, we made an offer of our max this morning but apparently someone else has made an offer 5k more. The last time I heard from the EA was Saturday evening, so I think she is playing games so we are over and out of that one :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

That's a great news. Our property is built in 2020 so I am exempted :D

Our solicitor didn't charge LPT. He did charge for 1% Stamp duty. Some people are saying you can claim Tax back on 1% stamp duty paid. But I don't find such information available anywhere.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    If you paid LPT to a solicitor on a new build in the last few years then you have been conned, as new builds are currently exempt due to a loophole in the legislation. I don't think a solicitor would do LTP anyway.

No, that's not the case in my situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Has anyone ever asked a developer to pay your stamp duty as part of haggling? I'm sure developers wouldn't want the list price of the properties showing a decrease but just wondering could I get them to pay stamp duty to save a few extra €.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Has anyone ever asked a developer to pay your stamp duty as part of haggling? I'm sure developers wouldn't want the list price of the properties showing a decrease but just wondering could I get them to pay stamp duty to save a few extra €.

That would be a separate transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,445 ✭✭✭fliball123

Why would they do that, currently there is little or no sign of price drops. I reckon you could ask them and they will say no and if you kick up a fuss they will tell you where to go and give the house to the next person in the queue

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I suppose you could try if you were certain there was no demand for the house and that they wouldn't easily find a replacement buyer. I would doubt that is the case for new builds though.

fliball123 wrote: »
    Why would they do that, currently there is little or no sign of price drops. I reckon you could ask them and they will say no and if you kick up a fuss they will tell you where to go and give the house to the next person in the queue

There are 88% more rental properties available in Dublin than time last year. Rents in Dublin are down 20% since the start of the year. Sales are also down 40% down in volume over the last 3 months. Today I noticed Westfield in Leixlip are now including floors and appliances per P1 sales. Rather than without which they were unbelievably quoting pre COVID.

Demand overall though looks really strong to me which I guess stacks with all the savings being built up. However, the housing output we are being told has been recovered to pre-COVID levels it will be interesting to see what happens the prices as volume of transactions picks up again. I'd assume there are more empty houses than ever in the Dublin region given the mass migration which may or may not be sold.

Sale completed today. Third set of buyers so third time lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,445 ✭✭✭fliball123

OwlsZat wrote: »
    There are 88% more rental properties available in Dublin than time last year. Rents in Dublin are down 20% since the start of the year. Sales are also down 40% down in volume over the last 3 months. Today I noticed Westfield in Leixlip are now including floors and appliances per P1 sales. Rather than without which they were unbelievably quoting pre COVID.

Demand overall though looks really strong to me which I guess stacks with all the savings being built up. However, the housing output we are being told has been recovered to pre-COVID levels it will be interesting to see what happens the prices as volume of transactions picks up again. I'd assume there are more empty houses than ever in the Dublin region given the mass migration which may or may not be sold.

Well the drawbacks or supposed drops people have been droning on about for the last 8/9 months while corona has been in play has yet to happen. If I was a FTB and had a place I would be would certainly ask but I reckon everytime the answer will be a no

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭lcarrol3

Has anyone any recent experience closing on a new build? We are due to snag end of this month or start of November, how long after that does it take to get keys?

We ideally would like to push it out til January if we can for HTB and claim the extra years tax back. Just trying to figure out is this an option!

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

will this be extended to 2021?

• Advertisement

fliball123 wrote: »
    Well the drawbacks or supposed drops people have been droning on about for the last 8/9 months while corona has been in play has yet to happen. If I was a FTB and had a place I would be would certainly ask but I reckon everytime the answer will be a no

Indeed. So long as Government buy 25% of all homes and pays rent for 25% of the rent for all tenants very little will change. It's propping up a huge part of the market.

Advertisement