Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently buying/selling a house? How is it going? READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Littleredcar

michellie wrote: »
    Our EA rang at 12 this morning asking could we do a last minute viewing, so I agreed for 2 o clock.

Got a call at 2.20 saying he loved it and made an offer 2k off the asking price. He's an investor and wants to close in 4 weeks...

Hi Michele do you mind asking how long you are on market for and what area

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Hi Michele do you mind asking how long you are on market for and what area

on the market 4 weeks tomorrow. Ill pm you area:)

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

Contracts Signed today. Everything else lined up, Getting closer. Can't wait to be smashed broke for 10 years

Pivot Eoin wrote: »
    Contracts Signed today. Everything else lined up, Getting closer. Can't wait to be smashed broke for 10 years

10 try 30

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Green Mile

I’m planing to start the process of selling and buying end January. Its probably not the best time of the year to do it. I figure it takes a while to get documents reviewed, signed, letters etc so viewings could be end of Feb (my garden should look real nice with what I’ve planted). Even if I delay it for a month, I suspect the move will be in gear mid March.

I’ve been getting the current house ready for sale a long while now while saving and getting bank statements and payslips looking clean and consistent.

There’s two things out of my control
    1. my house fails to get the asking price
    2. I constantly get outbidded on the next house’s

Stressful thinking about it but I do have the things in my control, well under control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Glory83

We will sign contract based they furnish certified copy instrument although they are declining. Anyway, I will post the link of the property if they pull out so people can be aware in advance about it and not cost them 1800 Euro like me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

Got loan offer today from KBC. We’re having problems with the buyers of our property though, hopefully they’ll be sorted and they’ll sign contracts soon so we can move forward

Looks like all sorted. They agreed to sign contracts. Looks like it is happening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

givyjoe wrote: »
    Just had our AIP extension come through with the added bonus of an increased approval amount. The catch is they (BOI) apparently want an email from our employers stating that they are not in receipt of any covid subsidies, not us, as our payslips are now clear of it.

Has anyone else been told this? Not sure (yet) if my other halfs employer is or is not any subsidy.

Just a bump on this + a general query re: brokers. Am I wrong/being unreasonable to expect our broker to seek an extension on our existing AIP's, which have expired/are expiring. She seems to be trying to fob me off getting the other one extended and getting one with Avant who've entered the market since we first approached them. Isn't this one of USP's of brokers, i.e. one application to them, but a choice of banks.. or am I missing something? I know it's extra work for them, but they are making commission off our application.. and it defeats a large part of the purpose of going to them in the first place, if they don't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

michellie wrote: »
    Our EA rang at 12 this morning asking could we do a last minute viewing, so I agreed for 2 o clock.

Got a call at 2.20 saying he loved it and made an offer 2k off the asking price. He's an investor and wants to close in 4 weeks...

If he is an investor and a cash buyer snap his hand off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Still over with the purchasers solicitor for my sale
    They came with the most stupid queries
    So the email / post tennis continues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Still over with the purchasers solicitor for my sale
    They came with the most stupid queries
    So the email / post tennis continues

Example of queries out of curiosity? My solicitor has been excellent so far, sellers solicitor very slow. Contracts produced this week, but apparently looked 'rushed' and were 'missing' things.
    My solicitor has sent out a copy of 'client identity procedure' for me and my partner to review. Not sure what it is?

My solicitor has also shared a map for identification of boundaries.
    Anyone experience with this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

GrumPy wrote: »
    Example of queries out of curiosity? My solicitor has been excellent so far, sellers solicitor very slow. Contracts produced this week, but apparently looked 'rushed' and were 'missing' things.
    My solicitor has sent out a copy of 'client identity procedure' for me and my partner to review. Not sure what it is?

My solicitor has also shared a map for identification of boundaries.
    Anyone experience with this before?

Planning permission for work that was never carried out on house . Asking have dublin city council given go ahead to sell who have no involvement in my house. And other things. Part me thinks it's a delaying tactic and the seller has an issue getting their offer letter

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Newdawn11

Does anyone have nay idea how long it is taking EBS to send out letter of loan offer?
    Valuation is done and all documentation in conditions sent in-just waiting on loan letter so we can sign contracts . Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Moving!

givyjoe wrote: »
    Just a bump on this + a general query re: brokers. Am I wrong/being unreasonable to expect our broker to seek an extension on our existing AIP's, which have expired/are expiring. She seems to be trying to fob me off getting the other one extended and getting one with Avant who've entered the market since we first approached them. Isn't this one of USP's of brokers, i.e. one application to them, but a choice of banks.. or am I missing something? I know it's extra work for them, but they are making commission off our application.. and it defeats a large part of the purpose of going to them in the first place, if they don't do it.

You're dead right about the broker - we were/are in exactly the same situation and had to push the broker to let us apply for Avant having already received AIP from another bank. What's the point in using one otherwise? Like you said, it defeats the purpose.
    Presumably, if they supply you with one offer only, it's more in their interests than yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Currently looking.
    Got my AIP 2 days after 2 different homes I loved went sale agreed and since then the areas Im looking haven't been great, just over the budget or well well below and would need to much work. It certainly has its highs and lows.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Hey folks

Do you have to set a closing date to sign contracts when purchasing? If so, can you change the closing date after signing a contract?

cheers

Currently have offers up to asking price but 3.5 percent under ea estimated price . Both cash buyers

brisan wrote: »
    If he is an investor and a cash buyer snap his hand off

Sale agreed, he paid the deposit that night.

Now to try get that house we have our eye on, hopefully Monday will have good news for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭outland1985

Selling my house and went sale agreed in mid July, cash buyer very keen. Agreed to a quick sale and had survey done.
    Then they started asking loads of silly questions through their solicitors like is there somewhere to store our bins? (rural property 1/3 acre), could you park a car outside? (room for 6 cars no hassle)
    Asked me empty septic tank? Did it
    Asked me empty greastrap? Did it
    Asked me to service boiler? Did it
    Asked for proof of septic tank on property? engineer, Auctioneer and solicitor sent on evidence and declaration.
    Asked me to empty attic and garage and told me they wanted no furniture or fittings so I sold most of them and rented a storage unit to store my stuff.
    Then 4 weeks after the due date for signing they pulled out, I had sale agreed and paid a deposit on a house I loved and had invested the last 3 months planning my life around. And I'm moving County with work so I was living in a hotel for 3 weeks waiting for contracts to be exchanged.
    Sad thing is I had 3 bidders on house in July and these people claimed to be cash buyers and wouldn't mess me around
    What a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Selling my house and went sale agreed in mid July, cash buyer very keen. Agreed to a quick sale and had survey done.
    Then they started asking loads of silly questions through their solicitors like is there somewhere to store our bins? (rural property 1/3 acre), could you park a car outside? (room for 6 cars no hassle)
    Asked for proof of septic tank on property? engineer, Auctioneer and solicitor sent on evidence and declaration.
    Asked me to empty attic and garage and told me they wanted no furniture or fittings so I sold most of them and rented a storage unit to store my stuff.
    Then 4 weeks after the due date for signing they pulled out, I had sale agreed and paid a deposit on a house I loved and had invested the last 3 months planning my life around. And I'm moving County with work so I was living in a hotel for 3 weeks waiting for contracts to be exchanged.
    Sad thing is I had 3 bidders on house in July and these people claimed to be cash buyers and wouldn't mess me around
    What a disaster

Well that's very annoying. Ask the estate agent to go back to the other bidders. And I guess don't do anything that's going to cost you money until contracts are signed

• Advertisement

What a disaster

That is absolutely awful

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭outland1985

Thanks going to do back to under bidders and see if they have any interest but as its 4 months I'm not holding out much hope

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

Glory83 wrote: »
    Our supposedly smooth purchase is looking to fall through as vendor's solicitor is refusing to provide a purchaser’s solicitor (rather than get the official copy Land Registry instrument) is satisfied to accept a copy of the transfer on foot of which the burden was registered, the vendor’s solicitor should furnish:

A certified copy of the relevant deed of transfer, and
    His/her certificate confirming that all the covenants and conditions affecting the property are comprised in the said deed of transfer.

My solicitor is telling me the bank will refuse to drawdown if we do not have that document. Really frustrating and it seems the vendor is stubborn to cooperate although it should be to their best interest to close this sooner rather than later as we might face another lockdown.

Sorry to hear that. It’s very unreasonable for a seller to not provide it. It’s usually the original estate transfer that’s registered as a burden.

Because it’s a burden on the folio, it affects any owners of the property and you need to ensure there are no covenants that affect you. My sister has an estate transfer than that you cannot build an exempt development unless you getting planning permission which her solicitor has said Is very unusual.

As you are getting a mortgage your solicitor needs the official copy from land registry. Land registry can only give a copy to the registered owner (ie the seller) or their solicitor so you can’t go get a copy yourself. It’s only €40 so no excuse not to provide it.

However could you see if vendor will give a consent letter to say you can apply for the instrument and you could then request it for the €40 and sign contracts subject to receipt of it??

Nalz wrote: »
    Hey folks

Do you have to set a closing date to sign contracts when purchasing? If so, can you change the closing date after signing a contract?

cheers

Generally you mutually agree a closing date on signing the contracts (or something like 'asap') - sometimes this changes due to delays (usually mortgage delays) but ideally you work toward the date you've agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Nalz wrote: »
    Hey folks

cheers

A closing date will be set in the contract, default is 28 days after signing. Unless time is of the essence in the contract (it rarely is) then it is regarded as a warranty in the contract and not a condition. Either side can effectively ignore the closing date until the other side makes time of the essence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 anon65434567

I put my place up on Wednesday lunchtime, EA called up on Thursday morning saying there had been good interest and asked if we could organise viewings for Saturday. Before the viewings were over I had my first offer over asking and on the same day 2 more offers over asking.

And you registered especially to tell us this........

• Registered Users Posts: 2 anon65434567

I went anon because I don't want to share my position publicly with everyone. The thread asks how it's going, so I was sharing my experience. I'm answering the question that was posed. What's the issue you have, exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I went anon because I don't want to share my position publicly with everyone. The thread asks how it's going, so I was sharing my experience. I'm answering the question that was posed. What's the issue you have, exactly?

He thinks the sky is falling, so cannot believe your comment to be true. Doesn't match their agenda.

• Advertisement

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    He thinks the sky is falling, so cannot believe your comment to be true. Doesn't match their agenda.

I don't have any agenda?
    Why would I?

Advertisement