Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I love the originality of it standard form.

Needs an AXE-TAX sticker to complete the look!

Meh Travellin to Flavin....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Left my R in for a paint enhancement and interior valet. Came up very well indeed. 517982.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Limestone grey is a fantastic colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Really can’t beat a grey Mk7 on Prets.

L-M wrote: »
    Really can’t beat a grey Mk7 on Prets.

Cheers, it's a great combo alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Got the new Parallels on yesterday, I wasn't quite sure how I felt about them until later that evening coming back to the car out of the petrol station and knew I couldn't have made a better choice, can't stop looking at reflections in windows now :pac:

MnuzhYyl.jpg

ATlky0Rl.jpg

dLQTVgIl.jpg

J83bUCvl.jpg

sUwej38l.jpg

iTmBgE7l.jpg

Really suits the Topaz Blue down to the ground, I should really get it polished and coated now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

That 5er really is a credit to you FN. I always thought they were a handsome car.. and having the big motor but not being an M5.. it's subtle but fabulous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

That 5er really is a credit to you FN. I always thought they were a handsome car.. and having the big motor but not being an M5.. it's subtle but fabulous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Got the new Parallels on yesterday, I wasn't quite sure how I felt about them until later that evening coming back to the car out of the petrol station and knew I couldn't have made a better choice, can't stop looking at reflections in windows now :pac:
    Really suits the Topaz Blue down to the ground, I should really get it polished and coated now :D

Looks cracking! Always admired it seeing it a few times on the south ring road. Also interesting is that picture of the car in the estate is (99% sure) the exact point I failed my first driving test; mounted the kerb when doing a reversing around the corner maneuver. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

Nothing fancy, just gave my Vectra a good clean today.

DSC-0187.jpg
    DSC-0190.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Have to say I liked the Vectra in that or OPC but by God the 1.8 was dirt and one of the worst handling cars I ever drove unless something was seriously wrong with the rear set up on it, it would lose the back end on turns and roundabouts....

Tragically it ended it's driving career very early in Wexford one night where it hit black ice and spun out, 12 to 15 feet down into a tree and right beside a swollen river and embedded itself into the muck when it stopped, the whole driver side was destroyed including the roof and pillars where they were pushed down inside.

I said a crap, climbed over the seat got out the passenger side and walked up the bank, I was extremely lucky that night and I actually wasn't going that fast which made it even harder to understand but I know this much I never drove another and would never put Chinese rubber on ever again. The car was actually up for sale and just threw on cheap tyres..... Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

B64-E39-E7-F28-F-4-E3-E-848-D-E3-D2135-BBBAE.jpg

Horrible day here. Don’t know why I bother cleaning it.

Colm, you know it's clean and stands out to others as they're never cleaned....

Sure hell I use to be thick enough to be out cleaning in the ice and snow...

It wasn’t raining here yesterday!

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It wasn’t raining here yesterday!

Why is it I take my holidays after working through the whole covid sh1te and it rains pretty much every day and dull too.... Hardly any sun....
    Everyone else had 3 months off and the weather was unreal

We picked up our new family wagon at the weekend. Ateca FR 1.5 TSi 150ps. Very impressed with it so far.

519660.jpg

Pulled in by chance at C&C today next to the only other one I've seen around.

IMG-20200712-122753.jpg

2226401-C-0-E3-F-4-C95-BCD0-00-FBB4-DF387-A.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Picked up the A6 over the weekend.

Inked-IMG-0786-LI-2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Got my new car on Friday.

519763.jpg

Must have been some focus on the 10 day registration figures, as demo's aren't usually registered that early in the month.

X2 sDrive 18d M-Sport Auto. Not a bad looking motor, but's it's really just an X1 with a chopped roof and higher price. Steering very heavy compared to the 3 Series I came out of, but that's because this is FWD.

Picked up the A6 over the weekend.

Is the VRS finally getting a rest?

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Is the VRS finally getting a rest?

Yeah, 7 years of happy driving with it. 356,000km on the clock, a few issues started to come up in the last couple of services. Not sure what is worth now. €1500-€2000?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭pinktoe

Took a pic the last time I got it washed. It's having a pretty easy life for the last couple of months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

2jkg7SP

Cleans up very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Very nice. Would you consider the m performance power and sound upgrade?

Wailin wrote: »
    Very nice. Would you consider the m performance power and sound upgrade?

The official BMW one is very expensive for a modest gain so I probably wouldn’t bother tbh. It sounds great as standard so ’m keeping it standard for a while but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Yeah it's very expensive alright but warranty isn't affected. I've heard that the claimed figure of 360bhp is very conservative and it's actually a good bit higher. Was thinking of getting it done on my own, more for the exhaust note than power increase.

Wailin wrote: »
    Yeah it's very expensive alright but warranty isn't affected. I've heard that the claimed figure of 360bhp is very conservative and it's actually a good bit higher. Was thinking of getting it done on my own, more for the exhaust note than power increase.

It’s very quick already a lot louder that I thought it would be. I’d imagine there is a lot more sound insulation in a 5 series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭chalky_ie

An exhaust shouldn't void any part of your warranty except the exhaust(which won't be on the car haha).

Advertisement