Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

CianDon wrote: »
    pic

Saw you in Midleton Saturday. Car looked fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

traco wrote: »
    I should be working from home but its too nice - I'm off to get the head roasted off me and have a 99. YOLO as the cool kids say!
    ]

Those wheels really modernise that car. Looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

L-M wrote: »
    Those wheels really modernise that car. Looks great

Thanks - Definitely drags it up a good few years, if it wasn't for the plates you wouldn't know it's 17 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Cian86

Lads & Ladies,

Any ideas of locations for a car photoshoot in Dublin?

I'm thinking very industrial; shipping containers, rust, red bricks, maybe railway lines, warehouse..... Kind of thing.

I have a graffiti/mural background for my pics, but want something different.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

The docks ? Or maybe even down towards Ringsend ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Went for spin down West yesterday! Had the roads to myself was brilliant! :D
    mxQGS37.jpg
    9VIDDUl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Looks well Gav. I'd say it flies too after the Revo upgrades

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Long time no post. Got this MK7 Golf van as a company car new in 2015. Since left the company but bought it for a song.

Remapped from 90bhp to 140bhp (no rocket ship by any means but so much better than 90bhp). Put some new wheels on it and lowered it, have a Maxton Design front lip and skirts ordered. Hopefully here next week.

4TfEj7a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Sitec, that golf looks class, the 140 will be some improvement alright.

Always liked the torque and turbo boost in the 130 even compared to the lower ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Sitec, that golf looks class, the 140 will be some improvement alright.

Always liked the torque and turbo boost in the 130 even compared to the lower ones.

Thanks Punisher, the 90bhp is exact same engine (turbo - injectors etc) as the 110bhp so it made sense to remap it, I'm not joking they are dangerosly slow in 90bhp trim, have a much more linear power band and the low powerband between 3-5k rps is gone, it actually accelerates in that power band instead of running our of steam. My fuel econemy was exactly the same after the remap once I wasn't accelerating hard.

The funny thing is the wheels have made a big difference to fuel econemy, only on it a few weeks and will report with figures but losing approx 50km a tank (same roads cummuting all the time). Not sure if its heavier unsprung mass of the weels or wider tyres but I'll live with it. Thanks for the interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

Sitec - That a cracking looking Golf, the whole package just looks right. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Sorry that it's just a link. Embed not working with Google Photos for some reason.

Nürburgring 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

Ronan H wrote: »
    Sorry that it's just a link. Embed not working with Google Photos for some reason.

Nürburgring 2018.

Some yolk to go lad. Looks well Mr. H

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Just to continue the Golf/GTI Nurburgring trend

May 2019

racetracker-6332347-97257.jpg

Haven't seen stickers on the rears of cars in a long time, has the crazy trend ended?
    Neverbeen

Haven't seen stickers on the rears of cars in a long time, has the crazy trend ended?
    Neverbeen

2777654-F-60-A5-4-D40-903-F-3-CA2790972-FF.jpg

If I went again in the morning I wouldn’t buy a sticker.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Ah but that pic was back when German plates and Nurburgring stickers were rarities.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Ah but that pic was back when German plates and Nurburgring stickers were rarities.

I found an invoice recently from a set of German plates I bought years ago. They were nearly 50 quid and the only way to get them was via Trevor in auto systems in Waterford who had a contact in Germany.

That time If you met someone on the road with German plates you’d flash or wave at them.

Neverbeen

I think there's a new statutory instrument in effect. You can't put one on your car unless you've actually been there.

tossy wrote: »
    I found an invoice recently from a set of German plates I bought years ago. They were nearly 50 quid and the only way to get them was via Trevor in auto systems in Waterford who had a contact in Germany.

That time If you met someone on the road with German plates you’d flash or wave at them.

Then they started going on Avensis’s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Then they started going on Avensis’s

I've seen a lot of Kia's and Hyundai with them lately..

Truckermal wrote: »
    I've seen a lot of Kia's and Hyundai with them lately..

These are the special ones or as doctors would say insane....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Ronan H wrote: »
    I think there's a new statutory instrument in effect. You can't put one on your car unless you've actually been there.

This should be a law.. a lad with a TDI 'RS4' in Tesco car park gave me dogs abuse one day for having my 'ring sticker on the landcruiser..he actually said, "that's pretty sad"

Then I showed him the video of said cruiser screeching around Metzgesfeld corner... I'd say he's still scooping his jaw off the floor

TrailerBob wrote: »
    This should be a law.. a lad with a TDI 'RS4' in Tesco car park gave me dogs abuse one day for having my 'ring sticker on the landcruiser..he actually said, "that's pretty sad"

Then I showed him the video of said cruiser screeching around Metzgesfeld corner... I'd say he's still scooping his jaw off the floor

That's pure gold. Nice work Sir. ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭whippet

I got my 'ring sticker but as I didn't go around in my car its stuck to the back of my laptop. Took a 1985 911 Carrera for a couple of laps - driving like a granny but with a grin from ear to ear

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I was only explaining recently to my clueless other half about those Nurburgring and then the “Neverbeen” trend afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Put the Fiesta back on steel wheels. Got an old set and had them refurbished. Also took off the front spot lights. Happy with the cleaner, original look.

nHLavFQ.jpg

Z0xKr7P.jpg

I liked the before.... I get the original but them wheels actually suited it very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I liked the before.... I get the original but them wheels actually suited it very well.

I do like the look of them too, and I still have them so they might get put back on at some point.

But the car is a low mileage original example, so I like the idea of having it looking standard too.

• Advertisement

I love the originality of it standard form.

Needs an AXE-TAX sticker to complete the look!

Advertisement