Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new coronavirus outbreak China, Korea, USA - mod warnings in OP (updated 24/02/20)

Options

Comments

fritzelly wrote: »
    This thread has certainly picked up in the past day or two - anything to do with Italy?

Indeed it has.

Have you tonight’s numbers? I’ve been waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭touts

auspicious wrote: »
    Don't worry. You can play battleship with two pieces of paper and a pencil.

I spy with my little eye something beginning with L.

Looters at the gate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭macwal

Finally a use for all those spare sum copies I have lying around!

Cool, you can make loads of "maze" puzzles...

That'll get you through a 2 week quarantine period.

Stop the bus is the best pen and paper game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Already letting 1000 people off that cruise without quarantine has become a mistake

4 Brits on a commercial airliner test positive on their second test which was received after they returned to Britain. Had tested negative the first time round and had no symptoms so were allowed enter the plane with the general public.Though it is unclear whether that had been tested AT ALL before boarding. Imagine how many dozens of other infected people are now walking around Japan from that ship who only had one negative test
    Paul Hunter, professor of health protection at the University of East Anglia, was highly critical of the error.

"How anybody would think that you could actually take samples from people to make sure they're not positive and then put them on a plane to tell them a few days later is indefensible," he told Sky News.

https://news.sky.com/story/four-new-uk-covid-19-cases-after-cruise-ship-evacuees-test-positive-11941578

Also never saw it mentioned here but apparently the Irish couple on board were evacuated with the Brits

• Advertisement

Oh God No...No! Jesus No! Don't touch the Hungry Hungry Hippo !......
    Have you got any Cluedo???:eek:

Honestly I don't even have hungry hungry hippos!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,385 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Indeed it has.

Nothing yet - expect the dead to be rising

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Indeed it has.

https://www.lottery.ie/draw-games/results/view?game=lotto&draws=8

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

fritzelly wrote: »
    Nothing yet - expect the dead to be rising

It's not that kind of virus. Stand Cillian Murphy down. If they die, they stay dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Email I got from a relative when I sent them Dr. Johns latest
    Nothing to worry about so far. The normal flu kills thousands every year. Covid19 is a pussy to date

Christ, someone mentioned normalcy bias earlier ....

picard-facepalm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Stop the bus is the best pen and paper game.

Explain??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Wonder who the 65 were and why they were chosen for testing.

Methinks there is some kind of cover up or mitigation going on all over now.

As was said by a previous poster December into early January saw a a bad strain of flu in Ireland meant to have been the worst in 20 years Highest number of pneumonia cases also recorded in many years,has not been a peep about this since coronavirus outbreak.
    Im not one for conspiracy theory's but defiantly makes me think somthing els is a miss.

question about the Diamond Princess, have ALL the passengers on that ship contracted covid 19 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭creditcarder

Nijmegen wrote: »
    We need to see a report on whether or not putting on a bit of weight will help you survive the effects of the virus, by having some spare pounds to shed. If so, our experience of the beast from the east tells us that Irish people will emerge from quarantine fitter than ever versus this malady.

I'm curious what the beast from the east was like as I wasn't in Ireland at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Candamir

ZX7R wrote: »
    As was said by a previous poster December into early January saw a a bad strain of flu in Ireland meant to have been the worst in 20 years Highest number of pneumonia cases also recorded in many years,has not been a peep about this since coronavirus outbreak.
    Im not one for conspiracy theory's but defiantly makes me think somthing els is a miss.

Weekly reports, as usual during flu season. No conspiracy.

https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/influenza/seasonalinfluenza/surveillance/influenzasurveillancereports/20192020season/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Email I got from a relative when I sent them Dr. Johns latest

Christ, someone mentioned normalcy bias earlier ....

picard-facepalm.jpg

I'm actually going to murder the next person I see quoting flu figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I'm curious what the beast from the east was like as I wasn't in Ireland at the time?

Bleak. Desolate. A living nightmare. Some of us didnt see fresh bread for two whole days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭citysights

ZX7R wrote: »

Was that this year?

Bleak. Desolate. A living nightmare. Some of us didnt see fresh bread for two whole days.

Some lunatic was selling a loaf of Brennans for €300 on done deal...

givyjoe wrote: »

Flu has killed over 10k in the USA alone this season so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,385 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I had to beat some old woman off to get the last loaf of bread in Tesco - she was rabid

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Some lunatic was selling a loaf of Brennans for €300 on done deal...

Brilliant. Wonder what he got for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Even if the inept powers that be don't deem it necessary to cancel the Ireland v Italy match in early March, most Italians I'm sure with already booked flights and Hotels will still arrive for a getaway, unless flight restrictions to/from Italy arise before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Flu has killed over 10k in the USA alone this season so far

Take a shower with your toaster please.

Explain??

2 players and upwards.
    Get a sheet of paper and make columns with different categories ie: boys names, capital cities, food, colours, etc
    Tell one player to start saying the alphabet in their head then you tell them to stop and whatever letter they land on is the start letter for the catergories
    Write down an answer for all catergories and when you’re finished say “stop the bus”. Everyone has to stop writing.
    10 points awarded for each unique answer. 5 points if someone has the same as you.

Get someone else to start saying the alphabet and play as long as you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭ThePopehimself

Honestly I don't even have hungry hungry hippos!

:D:D:D
    Oh yeah sure...that's what they all say ;):cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

givyjoe wrote: »

Why do the comparisons to flu wind people up so much? A severe flu is the most accurate thing to compare this to in terms of mortality.

2 players and upwards.
    Get a sheet of paper and make columns with different categories ie: boys names, capital cities, food, colours, etc
    Tell one player to start saying the alphabet in their head then you tell them to stop and whatever letter they land on is the start letter for the catergories
    Write down an answer for all catergories and when you’re finished say “stop the bus”. Everyone has to stop writing.
    10 points awarded for each unique answer. 5 points if someone has the same as you.

Get someone else to start saying the alphabet and play as long as you like.

Could be a great drinking game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

tuxy wrote: »
    We don't have to wait for the HSE, we should be more proactive like these young people in Hong Kong.

They're going to spread the virus by touching everyone with the thermometers the way they're doing.

Italy starting to get quite scary. My partner's boss is going to Italy next week. Tempted to insist he stays quarantined for a month before coming back in to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

citysights wrote: »
    Was that this year?

December just gone into January.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement