Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Liability 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

Got the email notification this morning even though the SOL was added and read yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

SSr0 wrote: »
    Got my refund paid in to my account this morning.

When was your SOL issued?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

ChewyLouie wrote: »
    When was your SOL issued?

I got my refund this morning too and the SoL was issued on Wednesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wat24

I sent in mine on the 11th and received the confirmation email at the time. I have just received the same email again this morning all very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭padraig.od

I sent in mine on the 6th. Still waiting. Received the confirmation email (again) this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭Sono

Another day and nada.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hope80

Getting very frustrated that people who have only sent it in recently have their refunds already in the bank. I wonder how they are deciding what to prioritise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

hope80 wrote: »
    Getting very frustrated that people who have only sent it in recently have their refunds already in the bank. I wonder how they are deciding what to prioritise

Really frustrating. I done my parents a hour after mine and they got theirs yesterday and only emailed about it this morning. I done both on the 3rd. My work colleague done hers on Wednesday and she got her email today. It literally makes no sense, she was thinking she would have to wait a week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Still nothing for me, its infuriating now the way it's going

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MissGriff

Yea..it's nuts! You would expect they clear the backlog first....logic?
    A bit of joined up thinking wouldn't go amiss.
    I posted on the first page here, a few days later and now like you I'm still here with ye all still waiting.
    My return went in on the 9th, confirmation email 10th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

There was always going to be a lot of teething problems.

splinter65 wrote: »
    That's fair enough, I thought that myself initially, but going by others posts throughout the thread, the lack of communication, making people have to call and then loads of different people getting different info on those calls..isn't good.
    Plus all of us who inputted weeks ago being behind others who did it 2 days ago.
    That's beyond teething problems at this point.

Just one basic announcement....were having delays due to the amount of returns,technical difficulties or ( insert problem here)...it could be the end of January when everything is processed.... or something.

And then if you get it before then...well great!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Submitted mine on the 4th, received the statement today.

No sign of funds being transferred as of yet though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

Completed it on 5th
    First e-mail acknowledgment received on 6th
    Second e-mail acknowledgment received on 10th (Saying that it should be available on 17th)
    Received the SOL yesterday (23rd) at 8:20am with details of overpayment/refund due.

Received the following by e-mail this morning:

Thank you for submitting your Income Tax Return for 2019.
    Your return will be processed and we will contact you again shortly in this regard.
    Please note the acknowledgement number below for your records.
    Reference Number:

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hope80

MissGriff wrote: »
    Yea..it's nuts! You would expect they clear the backlog first....logic?
    A bit of joined up thinking wouldn't go amiss.
    I posted on the first page here, a few days later and now like you I'm still here with ye all still waiting.
    My return went in on the 9th, confirmation email 10th.

Its just ridiculous that they are not processing based on when submitted, i did mine on the 2nd :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

I’ve received nothing from them since the confirmation email I received on the 9th after submitting my return on the 2nd... no duplicate email nothing!
    Seems like anything from the 1st/2nd is just gone

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesphinx

I submitted mine on the 7th January, I got notification to say it would be available from the 17th, I sent an enquirey as I could not get through on the Phone on the 17th and I got a reply saying it wil be available from the 22nd, still nothing. I rang this morning and I got through, I was inforemd that they were processed in batches, I asked any indication as to when I would recieve it, I was told no, it would be next few days. So obviosuly thats how they roll - you will get it in next few days.

To be honest I think the communication is appalling, the should have indicated that they were processing returns from the 17th, and if you haven't recieved yours by the 31st January then please contact us...

I think it is outragreous that people has submitted theirs ater mine has not only recieved their SOL but also their refund, ther appears to be nothing fair with that, what was the point inme trying to get by documents in order so soon, if I had of waited I would have had mine by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Surely they would have at a bare minimum ran last years batch through it and done spot checks on the accuracy to make sure it can handle the volume and is working.

Or am i expecting too much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

In fairness I think you are correct, and in my experience Revenue are good at rectifying problems once they are identified. It is the first year that the new system is in full operation and I’d be very surprised if they didn’t have all of this sorted for next year.

What appears to have happened is there were a huge number of submissions awaiting processing when processing actually commenced on the 16th, and this overloaded/overwhelmed the system. And for whatever reason the system is not processing the backlog in chronological (submission date) sequence.

Revenue left themselves down Very badly on this occasion through very poor communication. (a) by not putting some basic messages on the website acknowledging that the system was overwhelmed, experiencing technical difficulties etc and that it was expected to take xx days to resolve this and (b) by failing to explain that irrespective of when the return was submitted, nothing could happen until after 15th Jan which was the closing date for employer alterations/corrections.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Submitted mine on the 15th, I never claim for my wife's credits or cutoff points in my regular wages. I just submit a form 12 each year. With the expense of Christmas it's always nice to get a few quid extra in January. Email came this morning to notify me of rebate. It's not in bank yet but will be in next day or so hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Its just ridiculous that they are not processing based on when submitted, i did mine on the 2nd :mad:

I did mine the 10th. I reminded my friend to do hers on Wednesday, she did it weds night and she got hers this morning. Fml

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

just got mine into the bank account I was going to start charging them interest and penalties on it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

MissGriff wrote: »
    That's fair enough, I thought that myself initially, but going by others posts throughout the thread, the lack of communication, making people have to call and then loads of different people getting different info on those calls..isn't good.
    Plus all of us who inputted weeks ago being behind others who did it 2 days ago.
    That's beyond teething problems at this point.

Just one basic announcement....were having delays due to the amount of returns,technical difficulties or ( insert problem here)...it could be the end of January when everything is processed.... or something.

And then if you get it before then...well great!

Revenue in aren’t ever going to be customer centred. It’s just not going to happen. All these changes are being implemented to make life easier for them, not you.

Revenue in aren’t ever going to be customer centred. It’s just not going to happen. All these changes are being implemented to make life easier for them, not you.

I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tonkpills

Don't know how I missed this thread!

I'm in the same boat and filed mine on the 2nd and I didn't receive the email confirmation "Revenue has received your 2019 Income Tax Return" until after I made the call on the 9th (coincidence?), been onto the phone to them multiple times since.

Very frustrating hearing that other people that have filed well into the middle of this month and have already received the statement of liability, so they are not processing them by date received.

Just went to ring them there again and they have updated their messaging saying that they have processed a large volume of returns and have issued statement of liability to many customers. They are hoping to have a major portion of them issued next week.

I'll nearly be paid before this even comes through as it takes up to 3-5 working days for the payment to go through :(

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Vologda69

natc wrote: »
    I’ve received nothing from them since the confirmation email I received on the 9th after submitting my return on the 2nd... no duplicate email nothing!
    Seems like anything from the 1st/2nd is just gone

Same here. Tired of checking

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭sunshinew

same here, submitted on the 2nd - still waiting.

I honestly think this country has an amazing knack of putting the more efficient people at the back of the queue. Like the good obliging citizens that paid their water charges and then had to beg and jump through hoops to get the refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Submitted on the 2nd, confirmation on the 9th, reconfirmation on the Form 12 on the 13th and still nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jaro Lew

I have a question regarding Statement of Liability as well.

I am currently on hold with my mortgage application to buy a house as First Time Buyer with Ulster Bank.

Me and my wife are going to bid in online auction to buy a house as Ulster Bank told us we will get enough to buy it.

We have gived them all documents but ..... Ulster Bank wants from both of us a P60 ..... we can't get them because we are waiting already 3 weeks and still nothing.

The online auction of house will be held on 13.02.2020 so in 2 weeks time. Anyone have a clue how we can solve this issue with P60 and bank to buy the house from auction?

Thanks for ideas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Would the Employment Detail Summary work that is available online? Have you asked for a Statement of Liability from Revenue?

Would prove your income from your employers at least. Worth asking the bank m

Advertisement