Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Liability 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Hi ,could anyone tell me if I have done correctly. My son was looking for a p21 form for college. I went on to revenue to try to download one and had to submit an income form online as far as I know I have to wait for this to be verified and then I can get end of year statement. I'm lost.

To get a P21 (Balancing Statement / Statement of Liability ) now you have to complete a Tax Return. So it you have submitted that then it will be processed and the statement will be in the ROS inbox once processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Bojill

I actually think it rings true tbh, much more so than the constant "ah yeah, tomorrow" replies.

It sounds realistic, I just don't believe it.
    A friend of mine got theirs today at midday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Still nothing for me.

Submitted on the 10th. And my medical receipts on the 18th the officer dealing with my health charges audited me and phoned me last night and it was all OK so I was hoping I would have an update this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

Where did people upload their medical receipts to? I only had a small amount of €260 but don’t remember anywhere to upload receipts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

natc wrote: »
    Where did people upload their medical receipts to? I only had a small amount of €260 but don’t remember anywhere to upload receipts

I done it on the revenue app. You don't need to upload them but do need them for seven years incase of audit. If you upload on the app you don't need to hold onto them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

There's a receipt tracker on it. I did it from my phone. Literally just took photos with my phone and uploaded them. Very easy.

Hey 20% of €260 is better than 0% of €260, go for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

Spoke with a lady in revenue this afternoon and she explained that sometimes if you’ve received maternity benefit or certain other DEASP payments it can take a bit longer to process. She did say they are issuing all statements in batches over threee days starting from yesterday. She advised me that if I haven’t received anything by middle of next week to ring back.

She kind of contradicted her own information but once I got some sort of information out and a realistic timeframe I was happy. With the ongoing issues they seem to be experiencing, middle of next week seems realistic as a date by which things should be resolved

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Bojill

I just rang them:
    Technical difficulties, high demand.
    1 batch of 60 or 70 thousand per day, they can appear at any stage during the day.
    Could be waiting up to Tuesday or Wednesday next week and then 3-5 days more for payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Bojill wrote: »
    I just rang them:
    1 batch of 60 or 70 thousand per day, they can appear at any stage during the day.
    Could be waiting up to Tuesday or Wednesday next week and then 3-5 days more for payment.

I was told 30k and appearing morning only lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Magsertails

Bojill wrote: »
    I just rang them:

It's defo throughout the day as friend of mine got his after lunch today and had checked this morning and nothing was there so this makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Magsertails

Submitted 02.01. Got an email at 4pm today with a new reference number confirming receipt of my return...any ideas anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

An answer to this would be great as I might be wasting my time checking other than first thing in the morning.

I checked at 8:10 this morning and nothing. Checked again at 8:25am and it had landed in “My Documents”. Originally submitted on 2nd Jan and was originally told 17th Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Desertmoon1

Finally got mine today. Appeared around 10am. Nice refund ðŸ˜႒ I put my return through 2 Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭malinheader

Stratvs wrote: »
    To get a P21 (Balancing Statement / Statement of Liability ) now you have to complete a Tax Return. So it you have submitted that then it will be processed and the statement will be in the ROS inbox once processed.

Thanks a million. Needs it before the 31st so hopefully doesn't take to long.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

Spoke with a lady in revenue this afternoon and she explained that sometimes if you’ve received maternity benefit or certain other DEASP payments it can take a bit longer to process. She did say they are issuing all statements in batches over threee days starting from yesterday. She advised me that if I haven’t received anything by middle of next week to ring back.

She kind of contradicted her own information but once I got some sort of information out and a realistic timeframe I was happy. With the ongoing issues they seem to be experiencing, middle of next week seems realistic as a date by which things should be resolved

I was on maternity from May to November last year and also had 2 months sick pay before that. I submitted mine on Tuesday and got my new SoL on Wednesday morning! There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the way they're processing them!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Got mine today morning. No email only found it in my documents. Waiting for transfer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

523772.jpg?b64lines=anVzdCBnaXZlIHVzIHRoZSBkYW1uIG1vbmV5IA==

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

Sorry if this was asked but do you need to log in on a laptop or will it show you have got the sol on the app? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

wazzer1 wrote: »
    Sorry if this was asked but do you need to log in on a laptop or will it show you have got the sol on the app? Thanks

Mine is on the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Got mine today. It says I owe a good whack but I anticipated this due to constant errors when it comes to my employer, how they were paid illness benefit directly by deasp, and how the employer consistently fails to report that to revenue (back when p60s existed) and in this case failed to adjust the credits appropriately.

The good thing is that yesterday I spoke to a lovely lady who assigned the actual case to herself and that, given the circumstances, it will be dealt with as soon as she sees that my SoL was issued.

Fingers crossed it'll all work out as, if so, it'll be the earliest I've ever gotten a refund from revenue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

devil-80 wrote: »
    Got mine today morning. No email only found it in my documents. Waiting for transfer now.

I got my email Wednesday morning and the money is in my account this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Elysium1

I submitted mine on. jan 2 and still waiting.

For the first time, last year, I claimed J benefit while looking for next job. Has anyone seen this affect their taxes? You pay back 20%?

They owe me a hefty amount already. 20% would mean one cancels out the other by my maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Elysium1 wrote: »
    I submitted mine on. jan 2 and still waiting.

For the first time, last year, I claimed J benefit while looking for next job. Has anyone seen this affect their taxes? You pay back 20%?

They owe me a hefty amount already. 20% would mean one cancels out the other by my maths.

Hope the below helps your understanding

Your earnings factor in/come into play

There is a 2 step approach in order to collect tax on J benefit

1- the amount of income you can earn at 20% is decreased (thus increasing the amount you pay at 40%) by decreasing your standard rate cut off point

So for example if you are single you can earn 35.3k per year at 20%

That is 2941 of your gross income per month at 20% and anything over at 40%

Now, if you got 5k(for example ) from in J benefit that amount is deducted from your rate band (how much you earn at 20%)

So now instead of 35.3 per year at 20%< it's 30.5k per year or 2525 per month at 20% and anything over at 40%
    _
    Secondly, when your employer calculates your tax (what you owe at 20% and what you owe at 40% then your tax credits are reduced / tax credits reduce your tax bill)

So if you have 3300 in credits anyway

But got 5k(for example ) in welfare then they take whatever you got payment wise and calculate 20%

So 5000 welfare x 20% = 1000

You have credits of 3300 , but now only 2300

So now you credits (which reduce your tax) are reduce there

So the 2 step approach is now in place

They increase the amount you pay at 40%
    And reduce your credits and the end

Hope this helps ,

Long and short of it , this is how they tax j benefit for PAYE/income tax purposes

BUT you don't pay any USC or PRSI on the J benefit (thank foook) but that is how you do pay income tax is paid back on what you got for J benefit

Hope this helps somewhat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

i did what i thought was a tax return....dont ask me the namenof the form! ...... filled in all the details.....then noticed a message to say i was due tax back.... but then i had to fill in the sane form again.....

maybe i dudnt click submit submit the first time?

not sure i put the exact same figures on both forms... ????!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Another day and still nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

Got an email from Revenue this morning but when I went to check it was an updated tax cert for 2020 and not the SOL

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mea_k

I applied 3rd of January, recieved email saying due back 17th. Rang on automated service there was message saying all SOL will be processed by 20th. 20th came. Rang again. Was told today is the day. Checked and still nothing, they owe me good lot and I rather need it, was kind of hoping today I'll be able to see exact amount. I never had such issue with old system, why change something that wasn't broken. Looks like they are now struggling bug time, no idea why but very fusturating.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

Got my refund paid in to my account this morning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Still nothing for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Applied for my Statement of Liability 2019 on Monday 20th and received the statement today

Advertisement