Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Liability 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

fitzparker wrote: »
    Ah ok, so its just sending a query through my enquirers and ask your query manually ?

Yes. Did you actually inform revenue of your change in status for 2019 and request a change of assessment for 2020 onwards to Joint Assessment, Separate Assessment or separate treatment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

dockysher wrote: »
    Apparently if you dont get SOL today and have submitted returns more dan a few days ago you have being chosen for further verification and could be waiting a wile. Just told on phone der by revenue. Mine submitted since 8th Jan

I checked my email and it says from the 17th of January, so i'm still waiting same as everyone. Also the only thing I added was my medical expenses and I had already uploaded the receipts on the revenue receipt tracker, so i'm unsure why they would select me when all the information has been provided.

The whole thing seems a mess, its like why don't they start from the people who uploaded the first, instead of just what appears to be random people getting refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jay1988

Underpayment of €1400, ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Mutant

jay1988 wrote: »
    Underpayment of €1400, ouch.

When did yours arrive. But ouch dats a kick in d ass

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

How does an underpayment actually happen? Self employed and you did it wrong?

Just wondering as i've never had to do it myself, and only ever got a refund from health expenses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Kiith wrote: »

Just wondering as i've never had to do it myself, and only ever got a refund from health expenses.

I've seen it happen where Revenue have given tax credits they shouldn't have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Kiith wrote: »

Additional income would do that so by adding rental income like I did. Despite having some reliefs such as medical expenses the additional income outweighed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

Got mine - submitted it on 4th January

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Mutant

Was just on phone to them. There was a problem (obviously) 😛 but its sorted and they are going through the backlog now. He said to expect it soon and nothing about a review or inspection on it. So fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭sunshinew

I'm still waiting too. Submitted 2 Jan. Just put in for my medical expenses and, for the first year, some rental income from rent a room relief. (My understanding is I just need to self declare that income but that it won't actually effect my liability as the first 12k is tax free?).
    I put in for med expenses for the last few years too. 2015 came back as an underpayment of 300. They said they were taking it off my 2020 tax credits. I called to query it and when they went through it they realised some box hadn't been ticked on their side and there was something regarding a final evaluation early 2016 where a payment ran over the end of the year. They've transferred the 300 to my bank account already and kept my 2020 tax credits lower than they should be - which is quite frustrating as I'd rather their mistake wasn't effecting me for the year (the 300 quid is long since spent!). Anyway - for those getting underpayment evaluations, it's worth ringing to check with them what has happened.

Also all my statements for the past few years mention Tax refunds to Charity Organisations of between 200-300 euro... can somebody explain that to me? Is that money the charity has claimed or a rebate I have gotten? The guy on the phone at revenue couldn't tell me. I haven't donated that much to charity each year but I have worked for charities so i'm wondering if it's something my employer has claimed for me/them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jay1988

Mutant wrote: »
    When did yours arrive. But ouch dats a kick in d ass

Just this morning, sent it in on the 5th, have spoke with them since, turns out a credit I've had the last years wasnt applied for some reason this year, the fella on the phone was really helpful, has sent me two forms to fill in and send back to have credit reapplied, he reckons it will turn it to a slight over payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭stesaurus

I submitted mine on the 1st and still nothing. Should have waited as it looks like those who submitted early are being dealt with last. Terrible way of approaching a backlog along with zero communication

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭gifted

1800 underpayment.....they checking but looks like they made mistakes on credit certificate...still looks like I have to pay...so frustrating.....also paying €25 more tax every week from this year on because of that wrong certificate ....feel like crying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Got mine this morning, with a refund due, but still a massive mistake on it! Got it rectified over the phone easy peasy! Nicer refund coming my way soon! Long live the FED credit!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

gifted wrote: »
    1800 underpayment.....they checking but looks like they made mistakes on credit certificate...still looks like I have to pay...so frustrating.....also paying €25 more tax every week from this year on because of that wrong certificate ....feel like crying

They actually don't have a clue in there.
    That happened me the year I finished college too. I had been working part time but wasn't paying tax because I was well under the threshold (u16k annually I believe).
    I rang several times to ensure it was set up properly but my wages in the new job still weren't being taxed. I'd ring, they'd promise it was corrected, and then it'd happen me again.
    This left me with a huge underpayment in the January. They said I could pay back what I owed on a fortnightly basis and then took the WHOLE BALANCE out of my next paycheck. I had hardly anything left after the took what was owed and I ended up having to take out a loan to pay my rent that month.
    I was absolutely livid but no one cared when I rang to complain.
    You'd get a different answer or excuse every time, depending on who picked up the phone. Zero consistency, it was an absolute nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭malinheader

Hi ,could anyone tell me if I have done correctly. My son was looking for a p21 form for college. I went on to revenue to try to download one and had to submit an income form online as far as I know I have to wait for this to be verified and then I can get end of year statement. I'm lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Was really bad, my status changed in July 2017, so being honest I called to cancel the credit. the next january I owed it back in full which i didnt understand as i cancelled in July and my wage went down because of it, girl told me "i was too honest" and should have left it for the year.

anyway agreed to pay back over 4 years.

2 years later and still a dent hasn't been made in it, for some reason it comes out every month for the first 6 months then I get a credit and it starts again the following year.

I reluctantly want to pay it but this rigmarole only has me starting it this month again, when i should be 2 years into it

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭dockysher

bulmersgal wrote: »
    I checked my email and it says from the 17th of January, so i'm still waiting same as everyone. Also the only thing I added was my medical expenses and I had already uploaded the receipts on the revenue receipt tracker, so i'm unsure why they would select me when all the information has been provided.

The whole thing seems a mess, its like why don't they start from the people who uploaded the first, instead of just what appears to be random people getting refunds.
    Everyone seems to be told sumtiing different when they get thru to revenue so hope its not true but thats what they said on phone newaz. Iv gave up hope at tis stage, long enough waiting and checking for it

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wat24

Has anyone at all received it during the day or have they all been done overnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

Got mine this morning lodged income tax return on the 6th of January. €1600 back to me!! All tax back from being jointly assessed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Keisha07

Still nothing for me submitted 2nd jan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

wat24 wrote: »
    Has anyone at all received it during the day or have they all been done overnight?

An answer to this would be great as I might be wasting my time checking other than first thing in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

I just called and after waiting for a few minutes, i just got "Our lines are very busy, please try again, goodbye!

Did see this on Twitter though

https://twitter.com/talbot_nicola/status/1220314481903001600

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭gerrykeegan

An answer to this would be great as I might be wasting my time checking other than first thing in the morning.

For people who filed returns they are being processed throughout the day. I do not know in what order they are being processed.

Rang them and got a very helpful operator.

Processing started on 15/1 and is being done overnight in batches of 30,000, over 100k have been processed but it will be Wednesday of next week before everyone has them given the number to be issued.

Mine was sent on 1st Jan so they’re not being processed in that order, it may be by PPS or by the date your employer sent P60.

In essence half of them are out and if you don’t have it you’ll either get it tomorrow, Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday with 25% probability of each.

Batches are overnight so only worth checking once daily. It will be like this every year going forward on new system.

Not ideal but good to have the real answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Bojill

Rang them and got a very helpful operator.

Processing started on 15/1 and is being done overnight in batches of 30,000, over 100k have been processed but it will be Wednesday of next week before everyone has them given the number to be issued.

Mine was sent on 1st Jan so they’re not being processed in that order, it may be by PPS or by the date your employer sent P60.

In essence half of them are out and if you don’t have it you’ll either get it tomorrow, Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday with 25% probability of each.

Batches are overnight so only worth checking once daily. It will be like this every year going forward on new system.

Not ideal but good to have the real answer.

I don't believe anything I'm hearing from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Sono

13 mins on hold, got through to someone, they said they are updating them in batches of thousands at a time and that I should wait another couple of days to see that it gets updated.

I’d say their heads are wrecked with these queries

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wat24

They would have saved themselves a lot of phone calls if they had updated regularly about what was going on

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Sono wrote: »
    13 mins on hold, got through to someone, they said they are updating them in batches of thousands at a time and that I should wait another couple of days to see that it gets updated.

I’d say their heads are wrecked with these queries

Agreed, save them a lot of time and hassle if they updated their website:)

• Advertisement

Bojill wrote: »
    I don't believe anything I'm hearing from them.

I actually think it rings true tbh, much more so than the constant "ah yeah, tomorrow" replies.

Advertisement