Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cocaine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,184 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Tomaldo wrote: »
    True but it was on his property, so it proves it was around centuries ago.

yeah but what they found was not cocaine, it was coca leaves. It couldn't have been, cocaine didnt exist then.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

yeah but what they found was not cocaine, it was coca leaves. It couldn't have been, cocaine didnt exist then.

Are you being pedantic? cocaine is derived from the coca plant/leaves.

Are you being pedantic? cocaine is derived from the coca plant/leaves.

cocaine is derived from coca leaves but cocaine has a much more pronounced effect than just the leaves. It isn't like he was smoking a crack pipe.

cocaine is derived from coca leaves but cocaine has a much more pronounced effect than just the leaves. It isn't like he was smoking a crack pipe.

What is the much more pronounced effect? We don't know if was a crack-pipe or whatever the equivalent was then. I BELIEVE The Bard took it, but I KNOW The Bealtes, Rolling Stones took it. Noel/Liam Gallagher wrote/sang about it.

What is the much more pronounced effect? We don't know if was a crack-pipe or whatever the equivalent was then. I BELIEVE The Bard took it, but I KNOW The Bealtes, Rolling Stones took it. Noel/Liam Gallagher wrote/sang about it.

no, we do know it wasn't a crack pipe. we also not it was not cocaine. Cocaine has a much more pronounced effect than coca leaves.

• Advertisement

no, we do know it wasn't a crack pipe. we also not it was not cocaine. Cocaine has a much more pronounced effect than coca leaves.

Well it was a pipe that contained traces of cocaine in his residence. I have to take ur word on ur final sentence, I've never taken coca leaves.

Well it was a pipe that contained traces of cocaine in his residence. I have to take ur word on ur final sentence, I've never taken coca leaves.

no, the pipe did not contain cocaine.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,057 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Plus, he did not inhale...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

no, the pipe did not contain cocaine.
    "Traces" of cocaine, anyway can u tell me how coke affected him (assuming he took it) or Paul McCartney and Mick Jagger, they both made millions from their music, "dated" the most beautiful women on the planet, received knighthoods and r still alive in their late seventies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

If someone's stupid enough to use drugs like coke, let them off and let Darwinism do its thing. Stop trying to wrap everything in cotton wool.

• Advertisement

"Traces" of cocaine, anyway can u tell me how coke affected him (assuming he took it) or Paul McCartney and Mick Jagger, they both made millions from their music, "dated" the most beautiful women on the planet, received knighthoods and r still alive in their late seventies.

no idea how that is relevant

no idea how that is relevant

u shudda been his defence Lawyar. Anyway 2 other decent writers took cocaine and other drugs, Macca and Jagger, they did ok, didn't they

LawyEr

u shudda been his defence Lawyar. Anyway 2 other decent writers took cocaine and other drugs, Macca and Jagger, they did ok, didn't they

still no idea why that is relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

I believe that they estimate that around 10% of humans are addicts, they crave a substance or at times a behavior that is beyond their control and can not stop despite whatever consequences it brings. The WHO has recognized this as an illness for a long time.
    I believe that the cartels importing the substance would bear the brunt of responsibility for the shootings, killings and punishment we read about in the media but after half a decade of working with the rehabilitation of addicts, it’s very plain for me to see that the addict is bodily and mentally different from non addicts and the cartels exploit those who are sick.
    Now, there are many recreational users who I wouldn’t classify as addicts and in Ireland this number is huge due to drugs being very culturally acceptable compared to a lot of countries in Europe. We have a culture of getting ‘mad ourrevit’ but over the last 50yrs, the materials in which people use to achieve this has greatly evolved and I predict will continue to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,424 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

WhomadeGod wrote: »
    Okay so let's look down on cocaine users and say they have blood on thier hands while using a phone and wearing clothes made in slaveship sweatshops in Asia.

While eating in fast food restaurants who have teared down rainforests while filling your home heating oil and car with oil from oil companies who have destroyed coral reefs and waterways all over the world.

And that prize possession on your finger that wedding ring.
    Kids in Sierra Leone die for those blood diamonds.

Don't forget the blood poured by the poor cute lamb hopping round the meadow the next time your having lamb on a Sunday.

How deep do you want to go with this social justice warrior stuff?

That thing about phones been made by kids in sweatshops is a total myth and all manufacturers are very careful about their supply chains.
    Even Penneys for clothes a who have have the worst rep for it are very aware and conscientious of it.

Either way the difference is that people are buying drugs illegally from criminals who deal with gangs that kill people, and often innocent people.

Justifying it by attacking meat eaters or trying to make out that corporations are killing people is just wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

A quick Google will show that while Primark pretend to care, they're the same as every other fast fashion outlet. They have a code of conduct which reads well, but still outsource the job. They have 100 people "auditing" the 1700 odd suppliers from all over the world, most of which are used by most of the fast fashion outlets. But no one is making sure these factories are adhering to the code, they more or less take them on their word. Primark really has little to no idea of how the cotton gets from the field, into factories and made into clothes, but because they have a piece of paper signed by someone saying they're adhering, they pretend they're better than they are. And that's no including the environmental impact all of these companies produce, people don't care about that as long as they can get their knock off brands for €10 and their 15 pack of knickers for a fiver.

murpho999 wrote: »
    That thing about phones been made by kids in sweatshops is a total myth and all manufacturers are very careful about their supply chains.
    Even Penneys for clothes a who have have the worst rep for it are very aware and conscientious of it.

Either way the difference is that people are buying drugs illegally from criminals who deal with gangs that kill people, and often innocent people.

Justifying it by attacking meat eaters or trying to make out that corporations are killing people is just wrong.
    If you're so concerned about gangland victims, then why don't u want the War on Drugs to end immediately, instead of lecturing drug users on their so-called lack of morality.

why "What" is relevant?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Cocaine probably saved lives over the pandemic, the only people moaning about it on rte probably do not partake

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Cocaine probably saved lives over the pandemic, the only people moaning about it on rte probably do not partake

Wild take. Let's hope sustained cocaine use doesn't involve an aortic dissection for them, because that won't be saving any lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

I would say yes obviously it's a contributing factor but I would also say that the state has more blood on it's hands for handing over the production of a addictive substance to criminals.

Which is in itself a leading question, and one following a particular agenda. Guilt.

Collective guilt.

I'm not a cocaine user. Never have been and never will. And I find the notion of collective guilt to be disgusting. So, no, They're not responsible... no more than you're responsible for the priests molesting boys if you're a Christian. :rolleyes:

It's an amazingly ignorant statement from the Gardai, but having idiot guards is a tradition of this state.

It's the same as saying anyone who drank alcohol during prohibition was responsible for the rise of the Mafia.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,878 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Primark are environmentally conscious. Jesus now I've heard it all lol.

A quick Google will show that while Primark pretend to care, they're the same as every other fast fashion outlet. They have a code of conduct which reads well, but still outsource the job. They have 100 people "auditing" the 1700 odd suppliers from all over the world, most of which are used by most of the fast fashion outlets. But no one is making sure these factories are adhering to the code, they more or less take them on their word. Primark really has little to no idea of how the cotton gets from the field, into factories and made into clothes, but because they have a piece of paper signed by someone saying they're adhering, they pretend they're better than they are. And that's no including the environmental impact all of these companies produce, people don't care about that as long as they can get their knock off brands for €10 and their 15 pack of knickers for a fiver.

I agree, but don't all fashion outlets pretend to care and all large corporations who outsource jobs?

Like take Big Kahuna Burger right. They market themselves as "The Best Hawaiian Burger Joint In The World", but really the meat used for their burgers comes from Romanian horses. Disgusting! What does a man have to do to get a nice piece of Hawaiian horse meat?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I

The question is, does ANYONE who uses coke, including media types, including farmers, including your friendly barista - AND by the way, including serving Gardaí - .

Why does Irish society have this obsession with the idea that all Gardai are closet drug addicts? Every big seiure reported is accompanied by some FB knacker commenting "ah they'll be off their tits down the station this weekend".

It's a bit like the idea that Ireland's cocaine is bought by bankers.

Ever met someone who works in an Irish bank? You would struggle to buy a 5 euro yoke on their wages.

It's relevant 'cos some people think your life is over if u take cocaine, u end up in rehab, prison or robbing OAP's. Shakespeare, Macca, Jagger, Kate Moss, Nigella Lawson, Rod Stewart, Robbie Williams and the Gallagher Brothers prove that's not the case.

It's relevant 'cos some people think your life is over if u take cocaine, u end up in rehab, prison or robbing OAP's. Shakespeare, Macca, Jagger, Kate Moss, Nigella Lawson, Rod Stewart, Robbie Williams and the Gallagher Brothers prove that's not the case.

you are arguing against a point I didn't make.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,841 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

While none of us can speak for Shakespeares experience...

The rest of them if not millionaires, certainly had bulging six or seven figure bank balances at a minimum, plenty of work and certain safety nets to fall back on. A phone call to the priory clinic, give them your credit card number and you end up here...the Priory..

cf935c90-5fa0-11ea-ac5e-df00963c20e6

Not going to play out that way for the rest of us.

• Advertisement

Strumms wrote: »
    While none of us can speak for Shakespeares experience...

The rest of them if not millionaires, certainly had bulging six or seven figure bank balances at a minimum, plenty of work and certain safety nets to fall back on. A phone call to the priory clinic, give them your credit card number and you end up here...the Priory..

cf935c90-5fa0-11ea-ac5e-df00963c20e6

Not going to play out that way for the rest of us.

They weren't always rich, they became wealthier AFTER they took it. Anyway as far as I know, rich people only have one body, the same as everyone else.

Advertisement