Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day trading

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭jams100

iAcesHigh wrote: »
    GBX 494.40 isn't the same as GBP 494.40 - GBX represents pennies hence one share is £4.944

Total £4.944 x 2 + €4 (Degiro fee)

Makes sense, Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭milhous

Hi all,

I'm just playing about with a bit of day trading on revolut. This is a bit limited and they discourage pattern day trading.

As a hobby I'm playing about with about 1k on cheap volatile stocks. I'd like to be able to play a bit more. I understand degiro has a pretty low fees, however, when I went to sign up I was added to a waiting list and I'm around 10000 on it. Is there other platforms just as useful? I'm on american markets only and I'm happy enough there.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

milhous wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm just playing about with a bit of day trading on revolut. This is a bit limited and they discourage pattern day trading.

As a hobby I'm playing about with about 1k on cheap volatile stocks. I'd like to be able to play a bit more. I understand degiro has a pretty low fees, however, when I went to sign up I was added to a waiting list and I'm around 10000 on it. Is there other platforms just as useful? I'm on american markets only and I'm happy enough there.

Thanks

Plenty around that'll let you trade CFD's which are grand for day trading such as Ava trade and etoro - wouldn't recomend holding CFD's long term due to all the fees though.

But there's a reason these firms have to disclose the fact 70+% of people lose money with them.
    Realistically daytrading is a myth in this day and age due to how efficient the markets are due to algo trading and the like. There are better ways to blow 1000 euro.
    Medium term holdings over a number of weeks at least are more realistic investment plans rather than betting on the spread which is effectively what day trading is now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Interactive brokers.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

CMC Markets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 ufo9038

Have a question here for the traders. How do you set it up as a business and declare your incomes? I mean like a prop trading firm. If you transfer bits by bits your profits frequently like from degiro wouldn’t that be flagged as potential money laundering?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Captain Bob

Hi Folks,
    I gonna do day trading for US stocks, would you please advise any broker with personal good experience
    thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Hi Folks,
    I gonna do day trading for US stocks, would you please advise any broker with personal good experience
    thanks in advance

If you are going to be trading US stocks only then TDAmeritrade is probably your best bet imo and I think they are still taking Irish customers. There are no commission charges for buying/selling. They are a long established brokerage. Not sure if you have to lodge a minimum amount to open an account.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Hi Folks,
    thanks in advance

IG markets. I've used them for the last few years without a hitch.

Advertisement