Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election called for Saturday 8 February

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,161 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    For what? Three years of non functioning government in Stormont. Right, yeah...

:)

'Look over there'ism' is strong in that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Is that your answer to the. Stormont hiatus and ultimate capitulation? Look over there. Good retort.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

'egoism' is what applies to SF.

as if there is 'automatic' dominion over the entire 'Four green fields'.

Is that your answer to the. Stormont hiatus and ultimate capitulation? Look over there. Good retort.

If you think the 3 year hiatus was solely the fault of SF (if even at all) then I invite you to take a seat for the next while. Because you clearly have no read on what is actually happening around you.

If you think the 3 year hiatus was solely the fault of SF (if even at all) then I invite you to take a seat for the next while. Because you clearly have no read on what is actually happening around you.

This from the guy who claims to deal in reality!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,639 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Two points on the Pascal effort.
    It would have worked if there were people standing listening.
    They had it early with no people because the public would have ripped him a new one.
    Unintentionally, it's a great example of Fine Gael in 2020. Happy to tell you how great they are, while ducking the people they are supposed to represent.
    These silly little ads are insulting.

I think the idea behind that cringe video was that they thought a crowd would gather around and listen to Paschal who himself thought he was going to have some sort of Michael Collins moment standing on his soapbox on Sean Heuston bridge.

Now you would think that when it didnt go to plan they would have binned the video altogether and not released it but no instead they did and what we have is a video of Paschal preaching to absolutely nobody with commuters just wanting to get to work rather than waste their time listening to him. It was completely tone deaf and just yet another example of how out of touch Fine Gael are.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I think the idea behind that cringe video was that they thought a crowd would gather around and listen to Paschal who himself thought he was going to have some sort of Michael Collins moment standing on his soapbox on Sean Heuston bridge.

Now you would think that when it didnt go to plan they would have binned the video altogether and not released it but no instead they did and what we have is a video of Paschal preaching to absolutely nobody with commuters just wanting to get to work rather than waste their time listening to him. It was completely tone deaf and just yet another example of how out of touch Fine Gael are.

Nah, I'd say Paschal demanded the public were kept behind a cordon. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Walking off the Stormont pitch for 3 years would be a better example.

Again, you posted about FG and keep diverting it to SF?

This all stems from a theory you posted about FG.
    I guess like FG it's easier to attack than defend. People are getting tired of the smart arsery.

Again, you posted about FG and keep diverting it to SF?

This all stems from a theory you posted about FG.
    I guess like FG it's easier to attack than defend. People are getting tired of the smart arsery.

Having no record is probably easiest of all.

What “people” are getting tired of the smart arsery? First Francie using the majestic plural and speaking in the third person and now this!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭endainoz

What “people” are getting tired of the smart arsery? First Francie using the majestic plural and speaking in the third person and now this!

I'm getting pretty sick of it to be fair, your not adding anything to the conversation, just constantly bashing Sinn Fein at every opportunity and baiting people for having different views than you.

• Advertisement

endainoz wrote: »
    I'm getting pretty sick of it to be fair, your not adding anything to the conversation, just constantly bashing Sinn Fein at every opportunity and baiting people for having different views than you.

If you only want to hear views you share without discussion go join Sinn Fein. Oh wait....

If you only want to hear views you share without discussion go join Sinn Fein. Oh wait....

I'm not a member of any party, but feel free to assume if you want. Also don't bother replying to this, I won't be seeing your posts anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Snip

Yes, I'd say it is.
    I should have phrased it better. I was speaking generally about the Fine Gael team taking every discussion or comment down that road.
    Anyway you put forth the theory FG might not want to win and anytime someone comments on it you do SF whataboutery. Just pointing it out is all. Be easier to post on SF and save time.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Stop blaming SF and everybody and everything else SS. FG and their enablers in FF, have only themselves and their motley crew of independents to blame.

Sinn Fein collapsed Stormont, and had no idea how to fix it. They needed outside help to get it started again.

We'll see a repeat down here, except it will be the IMF helping us out.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Sinn Fein collapsed Stormont, and had no idea how to fix it. They needed outside help to get it started again.

I'd say we'll be fine, DUP won't be in the dail.

Like the time FF bankrupted us with FG watching on and cheerleading and asking for more of what led to that bankruptcy?

Very simplistic and biased towards Sinn Fein there. A lie of omission is still a lie.
    You know it was mainly the cash for ash and Foster. They knew how to fix it, no Foster and ILA. They needed outside assistance because of the basketcase DUP.
    You know all of this.
    Why don't you lads go after the SD's, PBP and that? Be nice for a bit of variety from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Very simplistic and biased towards Sinn Fein there. A lie of omission is still a lie.
    You know it was mainly the cash for ash and Foster. They knew how to fix it, no Foster and ILA. They needed outside assistance because of the basketcase DUP.
    You know all of this.
    Why don't you lads go after the SD's, PBP and that? Be nice for a bit of variety from time to time.

They didn't get Foster, and they didn't get the standalone ILA they demanded, hardly worth it for the collapse in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

You know all of this.

I think at this stage everyone on here sees through blanch's half truths, biased opinions and outright lies.

It's pretty childish and embarrassing stuff from what I presume is a grown adult.

• Advertisement

They didn't get Foster, and they didn't get the standalone ILA they demanded, hardly worth it for the collapse in the first place.

How they fared does not excuse your lies of omission.
    If they took no stand they'd be pointless, they concede to get government back up, they lost :rolleyes:
    I think they where the more mature in making concessions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

No voting in Tipperary on Saturday due to the death of a candidate this evening, an independent Marese Skehan.

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    No voting in Tipperary on Saturday due to the death of a candidate this evening, an independent Marese Skehan.

I would have thought that the norm if a party candidate dies but as an Independent is it still an electoral issue? Is there another candidate with identical policies in the wings? I don't see the point TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I would have thought that the norm if a party candidate dies but as an Independent is it still an electoral issue? Is there another candidate with identical policies in the wings? I don't see the point TBH.

It's the law apparently, more than 48 hours out from the election and the thing has to be re-run.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    It's the law apparently, more than 48 hours out from the election and the thing has to be re-run.
    Nominations have to reopen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I think at this stage everyone on here sees through blanch's half truths, biased opinions and outright lies.

It's pretty childish and embarrassing stuff from what I presume is a grown adult.

Blanch is right on the money, and a breath of fresh air from all the brainwashed Shinners strutting around pre election.....

I fully expect RedC to have a red face come the real result, which will put SF back in its box.

...hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

So Tipp will be going to the polls knowing the results from the rest of the country??
    How will that work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Whelo79 wrote: »
    From reading his posts I would have to question that assumption

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Samsgirl wrote: »
    So Tipp will be going to the polls knowing the results from the rest of the country??
    How will that work?
    Like a by-election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Oh my God anyone see the party political messages tonight , the national party one is fairly bad and manipulative.

Advertisement