Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weekend On One With Brendan O'Connor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

riclad wrote: »
    There's usually 2 or 3 male experts on politics or the latest news on covid 19. Its nice to hear a female reporter who has on original viewpoint on American politics

Marion McKeown, Suzanne Lynch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

She will be doing the results show on the night.

You're saying that RTE read my post and took on board my suggestion :o

That's great actually, I might get up and watch. The hours are horrible though, I remember in the last election Trump was just taking the stand to accept victory at about 7am when I arrived in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

That's great actually, I might get up and watch. The hours are horrible though, I remember in the last election Trump was just taking the stand to accept victory at about 7am when I arrived in work.

That's was a horrible sight to start work to right enough :cool:

Callan57 wrote: »
    That's was a horrible sight to start work to right enough :cool:

God, I was rubbing my hands waiting for The Ryan Tubridy Show to start all the same. I was like a child waiting for the Toy Show :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,606 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Wasn’t Caitriona Perry saying that there could be a wait of a week, or more, before there’d be a “final call”? Something to do with Pennsylvania?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Sean o Brien on now trying to flog his new book

Talking about how character and honesty is sooo important....

So will Sean mention the various times he took the flute out and p1ssed on the floor in pubs over the years?

The last time he settled out of court.

In fairness to damo he just raised the urination issue

SOB running for the hills now. “Wasn’t a nice thing...I’m not proud of it”

Doubt seanie expected it to be brought up

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dht

SoB was one of 3 members of the team in the shelbourne bedroom where allegedly a very inebriated semi unconscious woman was videoed in a very compromising way .. video was widely shared & seen by her brother. Nasty piece of work

Dht wrote: »
    SoB was one of 3 members of the team in the shelbourne bedroom where allegedly a very inebriated semi unconscious woman was videoed in a very compromising way .. video was widely shared & seen by her brother. Nasty piece of work

Been numerous stories about him over the years

Not pleasant company when drinking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I'd imagine publishing your intention on social media is probably the least successful method of giving up smoking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Brendan O'Connor must have the phone numbers of the B List celebs etc that he interviews and left poor Damien with the C Listers.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I’m surprised I didn’t see, get sent this or even hear about it until now. Normally this type of thing finds it way to me in one form or another. Not doubting you btw, just hadn’t heard about it.

In fairness to damo he just raised the urination issue

SOB running for the hills now. “Wasn’t a nice thing...I’m not proud of it”

Doubt seanie expected it to be brought up

I can't imagine how he would think it wouldn't be.

This story involves urinating over a man:
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/obrien-is-punished-for-urinating-on-man-in-pub-38250606.html

Damien has had to resort to D List celebrities now, The Hairy Bikers promoting their latest book.

imme wrote: »
    Damien has had to resort to D List celebrities now, The Hairy Bikers promoting their latest book.

No more D list than Bressie, Amanda Byram etc.

Come back Brendan, please!!!.

Damien is brutal, can't have a normal conversation with any of his guests.

He's one of the most inarticulate broadcasters I've ever heard, is he trying to dumb down his delivery to our level?

Come back Stay away Brendan, please!!!.

Damien Brendan is brutal, can't have a normal conversation with any of his guests.

He's one of the most inarticulate broadcasters I've ever heard, is he trying to dumb down his delivery to our level?

I hope you don't mind me editing it to fit my thoughts.

A bit over the top on the tribute to Sean Connery. Fair enough an iconic actor/James Bond, but they made it sound like he devoted himself to the betterment of mankind or something. Not a mention of his supposed 'difficult' personality...and God forbid they'd mention his views on hitting women.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,904 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Those two surviving on a budget of e20 per day each
    Damo exclaimed at that!

But isn't that around the pension/dole amount?

I’m surprised I didn’t see, get sent this or even hear about it until now. Normally this type of thing finds it way to me in one form or another. Not doubting you btw, just hadn’t heard about it.

Definitely happened. It was doing the rounds after the event then the family of the girl appealed for ppl to stop sharing it. She apparently left Ireland following it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Filthy carry-on, that and the craic in the pub, behaving like a neanderthal

Definitely happened. It was doing the rounds after the event then the family of the girl appealed for ppl to stop sharing it. She apparently left Ireland following it.

As I said, not doubting it, just hadn’t crossed my radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

zell12 wrote: »
    Those two surviving on a budget of e20 per day each
    Damo exclaimed at that!

But isn't that around the pension/dole amount?

No and No

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Never heard SOB mentioned, Zebo and Murray ?

I thought ye were all fans of Damo?????

• Registered Users Posts: 38,998 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Cole wrote: »
    A bit over the top on the tribute to Sean Connery. Fair enough an iconic actor/James Bond, but they made it sound like he devoted himself to the betterment of mankind or something. Not a mention of his supposed 'difficult' personality...and God forbid they'd mention his views on hitting women.

He must have met a couple of women I knew.
    Tough btiches - they'd have hammered him first.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

The Panel seemed keen to brush the Leo story off...not much to see here, not the 1st person to leak from within a Govt, wasn't he only being fair to all doctors, there's an agenda here to hurt FG's high poll ratings etc

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭john123470

Damien is brutal, can't have a normal conversation with any of his guests.

With the obscene salaries offered to RTE radio comperes, surely they can do better than Damian O'Reilly - He literally doesn't have a clue

Given the calibre of daily rte radio presenters (esp Claire Byrne), its hardly a surprise that a chap who serves as a stand in can actually outdo her in sloppy.

Neck, not knowledge, is what gets you ahead in RTE.
    Who is responsible for hiring / scheduling these presenters ?

He / she shd really consider their position. It is beyond embarrassing

Not that I agree with this American, but Damien is no match for him. He’s had to call in the cavalry now to be helped out by the female guest in debating him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,148 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Sinead O'Carroll is amateur hour.

Advertisement