Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meghan & Harry: WE QUIT

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Boredstiff666

He does.

:o:o:o

Ah well when those two have gone you will be pleased to know...........you will still be paying for them:p Aint life a bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

But unless you live and work in UK it has nowt to do with you and you dont pay for it they do and there isnt much resistance against it......so.

Actually its only the lesser royals that UK people object to and not the Queen and Charlie.

I do live and work in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

People need to calm down and compose themselves, it’s what Harry and Megan would want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Boredstiff666

FTA69 wrote: »
    I do live and work in the UK.

My commiserations. The points you raised in an earlier post about the Royals have been said many times but the alternative is President Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭tintin67

I wonder are they busy sending out CV's for some 9 to 5's :P

He's an ex-squaddie who's been relying on state handouts since he left the army. Doubt the lad would get much beyond McDonalds or Walmart unless he's prepared to go on a retraining programme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

This is possibly all good news for the Queen and the top tier of hard working Royals, as the family needed to be thinned out & tightened up IMO.

The Queen, Prince Charles, Princess Ann, Wills & Kate are all pulling their weight, so it's no harm to cut adrift a bit of ballast like Andy, Megan, Harry, and the other B team Royals ...

Harry was 6th in line, so it's not a massive loss, although they will of course be missed, not least by her Maj.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

FTA69 wrote: »
    I’m saying the concept of anyone being considered a “royal” in this day in age is ridiculous and that Harry, William, their wives and noncey uncles are all twats is what I’m saying.

Rant it is, so.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    It's disgusting.

Obscene prices no doubt but the work that goes in to some gowns is very intricate and time consuming. Hand sewing thousands of pearls for example and then the cost and amount of the fabric used. That's before we get to the 'name' of the piece.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Neyite wrote: »
    Every Tabloid Journo: "Articles on MM's style faux pas with 17 pictures of a sweat patch are what the public want. If they don't like the press intrusion into their lives they can fcuk off back to Canada and live as private citizens."

*H&M fcuk off to Canada as private citizens*

Every Tabloid Journo: "WTF, you can't do that! Bitch. You've RUINED our poor little Harry!"

Had to roll my eyes a bit though about them working towards being financially independent, given they've about 34m in wealth between them.

If the Royal family have any cop on they'll keep the security detail on them because the press will hound them even more than they do already - at least for a few years anyway until things settle down. The Firm were spiteful in their removal of royal protections along with the HRH title from Diana when she got divorced which resulted in her relying on Al-Fayed's security and that backfired massively on the monarchy.

Seriously, the hypocrisy of it.
    I don't think they're working towards being financially independent because they need to, or need to build their own wealth. If you read what their site has to say about it, it clearly explains that if they cut ties in that way (aka financially independent) they don't have to play their games and can do their own thing as they want.

Saw two clips of Harry one in 2017 before he met Meghan, and the other when he was 21 -obviously before he met her- talking about wanting to break away and also get his own column to combat the lies. This was a very very long time coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

What would Diana think?

• Advertisement

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    People need to calm down and compose themselves, it’s what Harry and Megan would want.

Sorry Father.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

branie2 wrote: »
    What would Diana think?

'What an excellent opportunity to be photographed looking doe eyed and sad. One can never have enough of those.'

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Was all planned in conjunction with the Palace and the Firm ages ago, no doubt about it.

Great way for the Firm to just keep it to the immediate succession and appear to be in high dudgeon. It is As Charlie wants.

This has all been sanctioned by Queenie and all the rest of them ages ago. But I don't care much either way.

Don't be fooled. Not that I care. But the tabloids will move to something else very soon.

Brexit is over (well kind of) so what's next?

I enjoy reading the gutter press, because I am so much more educated and savvy than their desired audience. LOL. only joking.

Off with their heads! LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,363 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

branie2 wrote: »
    What would Diana think?

I don't really know.
    Wiliam's and Harry's lives may have taken a different path.
    You'd have no idea what the public's perception of her would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,363 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

ENzFIQIXUAAt_bO?format=jpg&name=small

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Sheepdish1

Was all planned in conjunction with the Palace and the Firm ages ago, no doubt about it.

Great way for the Firm to just keep it to the immediate succession and appear to be in high dudgeon. It is As Charlie wants.

This has all been sanctioned by Queenie and all the rest of them ages ago. But I don't care much either way.

Don't be fooled. Not that I care. But the tabloids will move to something else very soon.

Brexit is over (well kind of) so what's next?

I enjoy reading the gutter press, because I am so much more educated and savvy than their desired audience. LOL. only joking.

Off with their heads! LOL.

Haha.

Yeah who actually cares. I’m just surprised people care so much!! Imagine how miserable it must be having to do everything you are TOLD to do. Never being allowed make your own choices and be under scrutiny for everything you do. Sounds painful. Fair play to them!

Sounds like a miserable life. I wonder will his older brother do the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,172 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Megxit hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 33,228 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

They'll be back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭fundi

Sheepdish1 wrote: »
    Never being allowed make your own choices and be under scrutiny for everything you do. Sounds painful.

No sympathy for them. They get to travel the world and stay in 5 star hotels and live in luxury. Spare a thought for the life of many in the third world, trying to etch out a living for themselves and their families. Sometimes in poor health, with little money for healthcare. Now that is painful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

I think they've got some sort of siege mentality probably as a result of their own individual backgrounds - Harry with his PTSD from Diana and then two Afghanistan tours and Meghan with her fcuked up family background and whatever else.

When two people unite in that kind of trauma it can be incredibly bonding, and now they'll have the trauma of the press hounding the shyte out of them for a few more years. Be interesting to see what happens when the dust settles though and the reality of their lives away from royalty together when Harry's not absolutely blinded by love. Ultimately I don't think they have much in common at all and Meghan's got form for being a total flake with the people closest to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

fundi wrote: »
    No sympathy for them. They get to travel the world and stay in 5 star hotels and live in luxury. Spare a thought for the life of many in the third world, trying to etch out a living for themselves and their families. Sometimes in poor health, with little money for healthcare. Now that is painful.

Ah yes that old chestnut...rich people aren't allowed to be unhappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

Good for them but the financially independent thing is a bit of a laugh, they have a bit of a headstart on that front don't they?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Apparently Meghan has gone back to Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Be right back

Stheno wrote: »
    Apparently Meghan has gone back to Canada

Where Archie was left with the nanny, apparently!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

Ah yes that old chestnut...rich people aren't allowed to be unhappy.

No, they're perfectly entitled to be unhappy, but have to expect that many people will not have very much sympathy for them if they are.

I've never understood the fascination with these Anglo-German aristocrats. The only one worth talking about is the one no one cares about, Princess Anne. She's the only one with any claim to being a really decent philanthropist and humanitarian (unlike Diana) but is ignored because she is a dowdy boot who looks like Charles in drag.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Sheepdish1

fundi wrote: »

Of course there are people struggling all over the world, with minimum healthcare and money....and of course I feel bad for them, or anyone that suffers hardship....

But can you honestly say you’d like that existence of being royalty? It doesn’t matter about all the 5 star hotels, that would quickly wear off when your life is being dictated by ridiculous rules because you happen to be born into a royalty!

They are blinded by press everywhere they go, probably have huge commitments that they have to go to, everything is dictated to them, I say even the way they have to sit and pose for photos.

When I was younger occasionally I was made visit a house, the owners were wealthy and acted as if they were royalty, They even flew on separate flights! They were the most boring, judgmental, arrogant family and we always had to be on best behaviour. We couldn’t wait to get out of there after a few hours! Imagine living like that, it would be awful !

Being royal must be like going to the stuffiest, poshest, most boring wedding everyday.... and then being told what wear stuffy clothes , being told what to say, when to say it, how to pose for photos , make conservation with people you don’t know - imagine that being your life!

He seems like a nice chap, he’s a scab if he’s royalty and then getting bashed because he wants to be financially independent?! He really can’t win!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Will the Local Job centre be Claiming Credit for getting these two Off the Social ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement