Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,049 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Most likely considering how Trump is handling the pandemic.

Well they're moving the convention from North Carolina due to them not opening up quickly enough.

I dont think Trump will do debates unless he is in trouble (which is likely) but there is no way he won't push as hard as possible for a crowd, given how he thinks he is a showman.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,360 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Well they're moving the convention from North Carolina due to them not opening up quickly enough.

I dont think Trump will do debates unless he is in trouble (which is likely) but there is no way he won't push as hard as possible for a crowd, given how he thinks he is a showman.

I think he'll have to do debates. Being called a coward would hurt too much personally and electorally.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I think he'll have to do debates. Being called a coward would hurt too much personally and electorally.

He'll have to do them, but watch the histrionics from Twitter and on "Fox and Friends" as he tries to call the debates fixed, rigged or Fake News. It's crazy how, technically, the race hasn't really begun given Biden isn't the official nominee yet. It's only going to get ugly from here if something else doesn't come up to focus on. These race riots, plus CoVid, aren't going away anytime soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Hopefully, we'll see some statesmanship, leadership and hope coming out of this:

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/barack-obama-speech-how-to-watch-reimagining-policing-town-hall-today

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Incredible that Obama even has to do this. Can't wait to see what Trump says to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Gintonious wrote: »
    Incredible that Obama even has to do this. Can't wait to see what Trump says to this.

He’s going to go ballistic.
    Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

It's so refreshing to hear a competent, articulate, empathic president address the current situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,628 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well that was refreshing to hear someone talking sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

Itssoeasy wrote: »

LOL snap

rosser44 wrote: »
    LOL snap

That's what you get when you react to the same thing and don't check if someone has already commented on it.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Sad that this guy doesn't even need to name who he is talking about but everybody knows

https://twitter.com/jelani9/status/1268294508871106560?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

rosser44 wrote: »
    It's so refreshing to hear a competent, articulate, empathic president address the current situation.

Yes his speeches make white people feel better about themselves. Great for speeches, poor on action.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Yes his speeches make white people feel better about themselves. Great for speeches, poor on action.

I don’t remember him hiding in a bunker?

I'm fat as **** and not fit yet have a resting heart rate under 60 and perfect blood pressure. Life ain't fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

What are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

What part is lies?

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    What part is lies?

That he weights 244 lbs. His blood pressure is supposedly perfect and his resting heart beat is what it is.

As opposed to trump who's speeches make white supremacists feel better about themselves. His speeches are terrible, and as shown by his action on coronavirus he makes Eddie the eagle look competent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

That link wasn't working for me:

Mattis tears into Trump: 'We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership'

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/politics/mattis-statement-trump/index.html

---

He's really really gunning for him here. I just can't see with this pressure piling upon Trump from all sides from now to November how he wins. It's just not likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭moon2

What part is lies?

The information (his height) which can be reasonably objectively measured without direct access doesn't match. There are so many publicly accessible undoctored images for there to be reasonable doubt over this.

If he's lying about his height, it's certainly reasonable to assume he's lying about his weight when, subjectively, it seems he should weigh a lot more, and there is no definitive way to find out as he won't step on a scales publicly.

moon2 wrote: »
    The information (his height) which can be reasonably objectively measured without direct access doesn't match. There are so many publicly accessible undoctored images for there to be reasonable doubt over this.

If he's lying about his height, it's certainly reasonable to assume he's lying about his weight when, subjectively, it seems he should weigh a lot more, and there is no definitive way to find out as he won't step on a scales publicly.

He also wears lifts in his shoes so you can take about 2 - 5 inches off his height in photos when he is wearing a suit. It is why he ends up leaning forward, along with the girdle.

The weight is obvious, again the guy in the photo is the same height and weight as Trump is supposed to be and you can see how horribly overweight he looks when he doesn't have that girdle on.

Again another side on of 2 guys with apparently the same measurements

https://twitter.com/Tempdiaries/status/1268282558057349120?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

If Trump tries to use the Insurrection Act against fellow citizens assembling peacefully under the 1st, I'd hope Esper and the JCS would have the guts to say they'll resign before accepting any order from Trump using that act to usurp the citizens 1st amendment rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

What part is lies?

Whatever about the height and weight, his blood pressure and BPM as reported are more fantastical than the entire series of Hobbit books. With the amount of fat he's carrying there's no way his pressure and BPM are normal, let alone a BPM of 63.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,856 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

General James N Mattis US Marine Corps rtd, aka 'Mad Dog' aka the 'Warrior Monk'. Operational callsign 'Chaos' Age 69.

A lifelong bachelor dedicated only to the men under his command and his studies. A commander and strategist of the highest calibre. Served under Trump but resigned as Defence Secretary over his Syria policy, known to personally hold centrist political positions.

In Iraq he was minded to send his men out in dangerous situations to distribute water among civilians. "a guy you give water to in 120F heat is unlikely to respond by throwing rocks at you"

Sounds like a cross between General Patton and an ideal President to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭moon2

I just wanted to bring the conversation back to Trump's response to covid.

I want to preface this with a nod to the fact each country counts in a different way, and acknowledge that Ireland's counts would likely be higher if we tested more, and America has it's own unique issues around under- and mis-reporting.

This is Ireland's response:
    SYgYp6g.png

This is America's response:
    kJhsA3L.png
    I enabled the 7 day average line to help smooth out spikes.

I can only hope the uptick happening in the US graph is not going to be a pronounced trend.

EDIT: Charts from https://www.worldometers.info - which has been pretty accurately tracking the numbers reported by each country.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,586 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The resting heart rate of highly conditioned athletes is between 40 and 60. There's not a hope in hell his is 63. More lies to add to his collection. Imagine voting for someone who can't even tell the truth about something as simple as his height. So pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know when Biden is due to pick his VP and is Kamala Harris pretty much nailed on? Hard to believe the election is only 5 months away now

Also whats Biden like in debates, I didnt see any of the primary ones but know Harris and Warren landed a few blows on him.

The polls arent looking too good for Trump at the moment, some saying Biden has stretched out a 10 point gap which is huge in a two horse race. Id say Trump is looking at the polling numbers and going furious at this stage, especially given Biden is 'in his basement'.

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone know when Biden is due to pick his VP and is Kamala Harris pretty much nailed on? Hard to believe the election is only 5 months away now

Also whats Biden like in debates, I didnt see any of the primary ones but know Harris and Warren landed a few blows on him.

The polls arent looking too good for Trump at the moment, some saying Biden has stretched out a 10 point gap which is huge in a two horse race. Id say Trump is looking at the polling numbers and going furious at this stage, especially given Biden is 'in his basement'.

No decision before august 1st according to the Biden campaign and no Kamala Harris is in no way nailed on. I don't think she would be a good VP pick as outside of California I don't know how she'd go over.

I'm sure with time to prepare joe Biden will be fine and he's already had VP debates in 2008 so it's not like he has no experience of those type of debates.

Trump is looking at polls and is going ballistic. It seems he's not helping himself or senate races where some GOP seats are very very much in play for the democrats and the GOP majority is in trouble.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement