Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Forum Stats Updates

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Enjoy. It’s 14 degrees here and raining non stop 😭

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The irony of this post seeing how awful July ended up being!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Suspect the stats are equally poor, its been v.quiet in here of late.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

So the stats are in for May, June and July to date....

May 23 was 18 posts behind May 22. Not bad all things considered.

• Advertisement

June 23 had a massive drop off from June 22, 198 posts down year on year.

June 23 did have some great weather though.

July 23 will beat Jul 22 but only by a handful of posts it would seem.

All and all not bad, worrying still no word from @TRS30, TRIED REACHING OUT TO him on Discord as well and no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭BK5

I had a feeling the stats were going to be up. A good bit more traffic on the forum in the last 2 or 3 weeks.

Some positives in there considering it felt so quiet in here recently. Coming to the 150 day mark i'm lookig forward to seeing a few more active threads in here.

Such a shame @TRS30 doesnt post anymore, he was a great contributor and got the whole vibe of this place. I hope all is well with him & he finds his way back to us at some point. Either way if he see's this I wish him well.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

The July stats are in and we ended up 44 posts ahead of last year and over 140 posts ahead of a sunny June.

• Advertisement

We have now surpassed 2009,2010 & 2011 annual postings and are closing in on 2014.

4k will be surpassed in August.

The stats for August are in!

While being ahead on July-23 by 186 posts we were behind on August-22 by 251 posts.

August 2023 was the 4th busiest August on record.

August definitely is the start of the busy season for us, massive increases every year from July to August and this year no different, big pickup in daily posting all month long.

Our months so far this year and where they rank in terms of busiest over all;

January - 4th

February - 3rd

March - 2nd

April - 2nd

May - 5th

June - 5th

July - 4th

August - 4th

May & June brought good weather and alot of people going abroad this year so no surprise to see them drop off.

The stats are in for September.

We are 50 posts ahead of last month but 234 posts behind Sept-22.

We are 1,128 posts behind this time last year on a year to date basis.

Disappointing to be so far behind but that's life. Life has gotten alot busier for everyone the further from COVID we all get.

Well I know I'm posting less nowadays, just too busy at the moment.

Same, work has never been as busy and the toddler has never been as active haha

Lots of activity on here lately great to see it, sign of the times the season is coming!

Interestingly enough yesterday was the 3rd busiest day of the year for us on here.

The other two busiest days were also Tuesdays, Tuesdays are a popular day it seems!

• Advertisement

Was easily my busiest day anyway, first time in ages I spent a bit of time checking in. Was WFH yesterday & am doing so today as well so feel less guilty about being online, whats seldom is wonderful as they say.

Stats for October are in!

Only 44 posts behind last year, some serious posting was done this month, the magic is here!

243 posts ahead of Sept-23 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

There has definitely been an uplift of posting in the last four weeks! I normally only post when I'm at work & I don't work Thursdays; the last few weeks I've had a good few bolded threads of a Friday morning.

The stats for November are in..........

November is now the busiest month of 2023.

346 posts ahead of October 2023.

606 posts behind of November 2022.

We are now, 1,778 posts behind of 2022.

Tuesday is the busiest day of the week for posting, Saturday being the quietest.

Monday is the 2nd busiest and Sunday the second quietest to no surprise!

Looks like 2023 will be the 6th busiest year on record trailing behind, 2018,2022,2019,2020 & 2021.

606 posts behind last year - I wouldn't have thought it was that much!

For November I mean...not the entire year obvs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Andrew93

Wasn't there a Christmas game thread last year that really boosted posting. May not have been November but I think that's when it was started.

Advertisement