Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year...... New TV series

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I'd be surprised if it didn't appear on the bbc player

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

If you have Sky you can. Not sure about the other providers.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

You can get the iPlayer with Sky?!

go in to catch up TV on the sky platform & scroll down to BBC, all their stuff that I go looking for is usually on there & broken down by channel too. May not be the full service to be fair but i've yet to not find something that's theirs on it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I was in the mood for something really simple last night, not too taxing on the brain. Netflix was no help so I went to Disney...and started rewatching Malcom in the Middle. It's still pretty funny (if you enjoyed it the first time around that is)

Anything new worth watching on Netflix, Prime or Disney? I'm also watching Bosch on Prime atm which is great but a bit dark sometimes when you need something lighter.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Watching Fool Me Once on Netflix, standard mystery show you'd expect from Netflix.

we gave up on it after 4 or 5 episodes. A few people recommended it to us but thought it was very repetitive with Michelle Keegans character driving around constantly after one thing or another. Thought the end result was pretty much signposted from the start too so we gave up on it. Seen too many of these now to get any sense of drama from them at all. Thought the acting in it was pretty weak too TBH.

Thought Vigil season 2 that was shown just before Christmas on BBC was a lot better. Enjoyed that one, thought the second season was better than the first TBH.

Yeah, I found Fool me Once a decent binge watch!

I just finished Squid Game the Challenge, which I really enjoyed. The backstabbing! I don't really watch reality TV anymore so it was a good change of pace, and I loved the actual Squid Game when it was out, so it was interesting too from that perspective.

Anyone who hasn't watched the ITV Post Office scandal drama, Mr Bates v the Post Office, I would recommend. Makes you angry and sad in equal measure, especially as it's all a true story. Toby Jones is excellent as usual- I actually must try The Decectorists on Netflix, as I've heard he's very good in it, and it generally gets good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I didn't watch Mr Bates live, but got major FOMO when it was all over the news, so I streamed it on the Virgin Media Player and agree that it was very very good but also quite sad in places. Loved Toby Jones in it, but he plays a very different character in Detectorists!

Also watching the second series of both The Tourist and The Traitors and I don't think I'd recommend either. Heard good things about Traitors, first series, but I just don't think it's for me. I did enjoy the first season of The Tourist, but the second one is pretty poor.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Squid game the challenge was so good!! Loved it!

Spoiler about the result:

I was disappointed with the winner though. I thought she was a cunning one- I would have preferred Sam (with the beard) to have won.

I was surprised to learn that it was filmed in the UK though, since there were so many Americans and the prize fund was in USD!

Same. Very disappointed in the winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Jude13

Traitors being back is keeping me going during January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

We remembered to watch Gladiators on Saturday; we loved it. The eldest turned to me half way through & said "I can see why you loved this, it's brilliant" 😂 😍

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Gloria10

The SU2C GBBO for 2024 was announced yesterday.

The groups entering the tent are:

• Jodie Whittaker, with Paloma Faith, Munya Chawawa and Spencer Matthews
    • Danny Dyer, with Rhod Gilbert, Yinka Bokinni, and Leigh Francis
    • David O’Doherty, with Oti Mabuse, Gabby Logan, and Suzi Ruffell
    • Dermot O’Leary, with Greg James, Fern Brady and Mel B
    • The Reverend Richard Coles, with Sara Cox, Joe Locke and Adam Hills

All episodes to be shown in the spring, no actual dates have been provided as yet.

As a big fan of GBBO I always look forward to these, they're a great stop gap until the real deal comes back in September.

Same great watch, the ultimate evening watch when you are too tired to follow a plot!

• Advertisement

Another limited TV series we started watching over the weekend was 'Griselda' on netflix about GRiselda Blanco, a female Narco from Columbia. We're 3 episodes in & its been a great watch so far. If any interest in the narco stuff I'd be surprised if you didn't like this, already looking forward to seeing the second half.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I've been watching previous series of Bake Off: The Professionals recently starting with the most recent. They are easy to watch though I am shocked at the things some of them get wrong - you wouldn't get it on the regular Bake Off sometimes! I've watched series 8 then 7 and now I have gone back to 3 so I have had Liam with 3 different co-hosts (Ellie Taylor, Stacey Solomon and Tom Allen)

I'm mid-way through the last season of Ozark then I'll be moving onto something new. Have you watched Narcos, if so would you recommend?

We loved Narco's, I'd definitely recommend if you like true crime stuff.

I second Narcos, very good. Also, Pedro Pascale is in it, what's not to like? 😃

I do indeed, added to the list for next to watch while doing the night feeds, between this, top boy and Ozark my son better not be taking notes while having his milk!

Never got into the professionals bake off, or the kids one to be honest, if its not in the tent with Paul it doesn't have the same appeal for me.

Funny enough. I thought I'd never watched it but once I saw Cherish and Benoit I remembered I'd watched it at the start. I don't watch the kids one either tbh but might keep it for a rainy day. I find Bake Off is safe watching if I don't want anything too taxing.

Looking forward to the SU2C bake off... it's great to see Rhod Gilbert there, I hope he is doing well.

• Advertisement

Finished Griselda on netflix, would definitely recommend. Really enjoyed it.

Advertisement