Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year...... New TV series

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's on my list as well to watch, let me know if you crash out completely on it. Time is limited so there's nothing worse than wasting it on sh!te tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,097 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I loved the original That 70's show, but have heard very mixed reports on the new 90's one. Will try it at some stage but working through the current season of the crown at the moment so thats our netflix viewing for about another week sorted.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭tscul32

I'm a few episodes in. So far it's the nostalgia, for both That 70's Show and for the 90's. I turned 14 in 1990 so lots of going back to my teens in it. Plus fun to see the characters that came back. Saw Fez still acting the same, then watched NCIS after and there's some difference. Between those two and Handy Manny, that guy has covered some quite different stuff.

It's not grabbing me yet, not "dying to see the next episode" but it's very easy watching and perfect for a quick 20 minute, don't tax the brain break. And you gotta love Red and Kitty! Found out that Kurtwood Smith turns 80 this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Finished That 90s Show last night & meh! It's ok, but not great. It's only 10 20 min episodes so it's easily watched and as per @tscul32 I watched it out of nostalgia for That 70s Show. Red & Kitty the best part of it & when the old cast make their cameos (although did not love Ashton Kutchers & Mila Kunis). Didn't feel any real gra for the new kids, they are very disney channel

• Registered Users Posts: 27,747 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Sounds like someone needs to stitch together a video from That 90s show of just the "Red & Kitty Show" :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That 90s show was renewed for a season two so it must have had serious viewership.

Extraordinary on Disney plus is very very good.

It’s like The Boys meets Derry Girls. Episodes are short so it’s a very easy watch that doesn’t require much time commitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

for any Gavin and Stacey fans, this might be worth a watch.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

GBBO stand up to cancer celeb specials starting sunday 19th March

Ross from friends....

We were on a BAKE OFF!!! (Couldn't resist!)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

😂😂😂

15 minute warning for celebrity bake off on channel 4.

Sundays Bake off was only okay. 1 of the contestants I find extremely irritating so was struggling to get my usual level of enjoyment out of the celeb ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Ah yes, I know exactly who you mean. She likes to make any show she's in all about her. Surely she must be running out of 'Celebrity' Reality TV shows at this stage??

20 minute warning for celeb SU2C bake off on channel 4.

Normally love these so hoping normal service is resumed after an indifferent one last week.

Oh, nearly missed this! Thanks DvB! 😊

Enjoyed this tonight. Nice mix of celebs. Showstoppers were pretty poor though still gave me cravings for cake!!

So last of the SU2C celeb bake off specials was on tonight. Next time it's back it'll be the normal one and we'll be close enough to double digits on the countdown.

Looking forward to it anyway, love bake off.

• Advertisement

I have it recorded (on my VHS player 🤪) so will catch it up during the week.

Can't believe next one back is the REAL one. I won't lie, I am not going to miss the heartbreaking stories in each episode. 😣

You & my Mrs both. She has a few tears each & every time they show one.

Finally finished The Last of Us. Finally caught up. Anyone got any new series recommendations, need something to fill the gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,747 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If you like Fleetwood Mac and have Amazon Prime - Daisy Jones and the Six. Set in LA in 70s follows a Fleetwood Mac type band. With original songs by Jackson Browne and Marcus Mumford and Phoebe Bridgers and others.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

The night agent on netflix is worth a look. we're about half way through it & enjoying it so far.

One episode in and really enjoying it. Good recommendation.

Got back into rewatching the xfiles. Man the early seasons were so good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I used to love The XFiles, it was essential viewing when I was in school! Has it aged well? I'm not sure my adult brain would be able to watch it, absolutely loved it as a teenager though.

• Advertisement

You know what I’m only on season 2 but it’s aged very well.

The lack of cgi really helps keep it timeless.

Advertisement