Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 21 Match Day Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Villa are ****e get rid of Grealish......

Dunno how many times I read this online over last day or so. Of course I ****ing let it get in my head!

Martial better have a great game today!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Rikand wrote: »
    Grealish getting harder to ignore

Was so close to selling him for traore.. but grealish is a far better player.

Villa formation change today is working v well though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

siblers wrote: »
    Grealish assist still not given

It will be.. give it time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Yeah weird though having said that they were sluggish in adding the assist for Abraham.

Edit there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Assist is live for me anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Played a wildcard today and took Grealish out despite owning him since gw1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

Showing up now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Spent the last few days trying to figure out who to figure out who to bench between Cantwell and Grealish. Luckily played Grealish

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

However bad Villa have been and they have been bad, Grealish has played decent to good in most games, almost everything good goes through him, season holder imho

• Registered Users Posts: 22,199 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Villa are ****e get rid of Grealish......

Dunno how many times I read this online over last day or so. Of course I ****ing let it get in my head!

Martial better have a great game today!

I didn't really understand why everyone was getting rid. Okay he's playing in a poor team but that hasn't stopped him returning consistently lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

How many benched Grealish and how many got rid? My Cup opponent has him naturally :P at least he has Pope too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Had a feeling selling Grealish was a mistake but was looking at the game next week too much

• Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I didn't really understand why everyone was getting rid. Okay he's playing in a poor team but that hasn't stopped him returning consistently lately.

Ya I know but I was a dope and went along with the crowd! Won't be doing it anymore it's cost me far to many times!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭McBain11

Ace2007 wrote: »
    You wonder could they be challenged on that point from clubs, like you said - your boot can touch the ball, but could be a quarter second late that the force from your foot moves the ball, but what exact moment do they freeze the cameras to check the offside. In addition, can they guarantee that the lines are 100% straight.

An interesting comment I heard last weekend for the Van Dijk handball, was that from the angles they had the evidence was inconclusive - surely they shouldn't be using a system where all angles aren't available - are the same angles used in all matches or does it differ per stadium etc.

There are so many moving parts in a football offside call that the technology would have to be of the very highest level to be even close to getting a call right. The camera frame rate is way off most of the time on judging when exactly the player makes the pass, the most important part of the whole decision.

Then you have the exact position of the attacking player and defender, where you are definitely correct about camera angles in different stadiums not being up to scratch. What angles are they working off for upper body parts, it's ridiculous unless they have the best of the best of camera and chip technology to know the exact position of everything on the pitch to the mm.

There's only 2 solutions imo. Scrap it, which I'd happily see being done. Or go with the clear and obvious offsides. It is ridiculous to spend 2-3 minutes trying to find an offside that they cannot be certain in reality is even the correct call as the technology isn't up to scratch. Should be 30 second limit on all offside decisions, then just get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,852 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Villa have been that bad, and I reckon people looked a fixture or 2 ahead, while also assuming Burnley away would be tough, as it usually is.

I've him 1st sub. if i played him, i never would've expected the double digit haul he's now getting, so i thought it was a mini risk worth taking.

however, once there was a formation change, it did get me worried.

as usual in FPL, any mistake seems to be horrendously punished. I'm hoping a miracle injury for someone in my front 7, but i can't remember the last time that happened for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I sold him to free up funds for another Liverpool player in GW24. That strategy admittedly not looking so hot atm.

I've 2 FTs so I could sell Maddison to get him back but I don't like Grealish's fixture next week and would likely be benching him for it.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Grealish first sub so now hoping someone doesn't play!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭✭siblers

For those who benched Grealish as first sub, still probably a fair chance he comes in with all the rotation

I sold him to free up funds for another Liverpool player in GW24. That strategy admittedly not looking so hot atm.

I've 2 FTs so I could sell Maddison to get him back but I don't like Grealish's fixture next week and would likely be benching him for it.

sound strategy, and one of those where you would rightly expect not to be punished as severely as today is doing. Burnley away, and upcoming fixtures meant it was feasible to sell or bench.

it's like the TAA sell-off prior to Leicester. I was never going to sell, but many did for the likes of Aurier as he had two decent games, no blank, etc. perfectly reasonable. their 'mistake' got punished terribly.

it's FPL. it's why you love it and hate it in equal measure.

For those who benched Grealish as first sub, still probably a fair chance he comes in with all the rotation

i don't know who of Salah, KDB, Alli, Ings, Traore and Vardy is at all likely to be rotated.

I'd say KDB or Salah are the only ones with even a slight possibility. maybe Alli at a push as he's had no rest at all? but Mourinho tends to play his favoured players hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

SlickRic wrote: »
    i don't know who of Salah, KDB, Alli, Ings, Traore and Vardy is at all likely to be rotated.

I'd say Ings or Salah are the only ones with even a slight possibility. maybe Alli at a push as he's had no rest at all? but Mourinho tends to play his favoured players hard.

Ings was rested a few games ago so I doubt him. Same with Troare.

I'm in the same situation. KDB Mane Formals my 3 I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

I have gotten this very wrong

Gonna have huge bench points again

Ings was rested a few games ago so I doubt him. Same with Troare.

I'm in the same situation. KDB Mane Formals my 3 I hope

yeah, i ninja edited Ings out. I meant to KDB.

highly unlikely though. my only hope with KDB is i think D Silva is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'd say KDB or Salah are the only ones with even a slight possibility. maybe Alli at a push as he's had no rest at all? but Mourinho tends to play his favoured players hard.

Yeah. Alli possibly but only if injured. Everyone else should start but you never know with Mane/Salah/KDB

• Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

IMG-20200101-124909.jpg

Jesus christ

So VAR gets a lot of grief but the rules are the rules. It may be his studs but by the rules he’s offside. End of story

• Registered Users Posts: 17,195 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Almost benched Grealish. Benched Zaha instead. Also benched Heaton over Pope

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

kdb my only hope of being rested possibly, makes sense at home to everton

who knows maybe even mane

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Pope save pt already, he could get another here

Pope save pt already, he could get another here

he'd need a fúcking penalty save to rescue this carnage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

he'd need a fúcking penalty save to rescue this carnage.

Penalty save from Grealish who will then probably come off the bench :pac:

Advertisement