Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 21 Match Day Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

Grealish assist

Still not on site for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭McBain11

IMG-20200101-124909.jpg

Jesus christ

You not what my favourite part is of this entire process where goals are consistently being ruled out by mm, the fact that the ball being passed is never in any frame. Nor do they have anything like the technology to get the exact details of when exactly the ball is struck to the millisecond.

The whole thing is complete and utter nonsense and unless there's going to be a massive upgrade in camera technology, plus chip technology for the position of the ball and all players, these mm offside calls are complete nonsense.

I thought at the start of the season VAR would be a joke and they simply weren't equipped for it. It is way beyond a bag of sh*the at this stage though. I'd gladly go back to watching Henry punching balls left right and centre and getting away with it, just to never have to look at that stupid feckin VAR screen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,236 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

As a Grealish and Pope owner I'm not happy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,473 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

munster87 wrote: »
    Still not on site for me

The app keep closing on me, maybe they're having issues

Could do with a Dunk attacking return

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

As a Pope and Heaton owner guess which one I chose. To be honest bother keepers are toxic but not sure what to do without tying up funds.

Might go fabianski and a 4m keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 36,078 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Grealish will get it. It's cut and dry as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Pope over Heaton gonna be a kick in the nuts for me I think

SlickRic wrote: »
    Grealish will get it. It's cut and dry as far as I can see.

Wesley has been given the goal though, is it a clear assist?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Pope seems to be a problem, but every time I look at who to bring him in for, he seems to be one clean sheet off the top goalkeeper. Are GK's particualrly **** this year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

ShaneU wrote: »

It seems to have gone through as a Ezri Konsa Ngoyo assist...??

Wesley has been given the goal though, is it a clear assist?

i haven't seen it, but any descriptions of it I've seen are that it was a clip over the top by Grealish, and a chest down and finish by Wesley.

ChewyLouie wrote: »

No assist for the goal on site

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

Another villa goal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Grealish goal. Great goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Grealish ya beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

The clip over the top took a slight deflection off a defender, probably why there’s a delay but it should be given.

i haven't seen it, but any descriptions of it I've seen are that it was a clip over the top by Grealish, and a chest down and finish by Wesley.

i can't link the vid, but I've seen it. it's a Grealish assist. not a doubt at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Grealish goal.. some strike

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Grealish could get a truck load here, burnley are dire

• Advertisement

i have seen it... it was a clip over the top by Grealish aiming for Wesley, hits the defenders back but still falls for Wesley, chest down and finish by Wesley.

Wesley was definitely the target, it was such a delicate chip that even with the deflection it allowed Wesley time to readjust

Can I actually celebrate this one?!

As a Grealish owner, should be on 2 goals and an assist by now

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

McBain11 wrote: »
    You not what my favourite part is of this entire process where goals are consistently being ruled out by mm, the fact that the ball being passed is never in any frame. Nor do they have anything like the technology to get the exact details of when exactly the ball is struck to the millisecond.

You wonder could they be challenged on that point from clubs, like you said - your boot can touch the ball, but could be a quarter second late that the force from your foot moves the ball, but what exact moment do they freeze the cameras to check the offside. In addition, can they guarantee that the lines are 100% straight.

An interesting comment I heard last weekend for the Van Dijk handball, was that from the angles they had the evidence was inconclusive - surely they shouldn't be using a system where all angles aren't available - are the same angles used in all matches or does it differ per stadium etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,236 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Luiz Assist

Grealish now fúcking destroying me.

a lesson in keeping it simple. pick the form player (largely ignore the team), especially is it's a highly owned player.

fúck it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Grealish getting harder to ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Villa seem to play better when Mings starts,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

ChewyLouie wrote: »

That assist was showing up but now also gone.. not giving any assist now...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Grealish assist still not given

Advertisement