Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

manonboard wrote: »
    I bought airbus at 52 also. That sounds alot worse than i anticipated. Thinking of cutting the losses at risk of nationalization, but I bought it for long so might hold tight.

Bought at €59- :(

Hopefully to big to fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,112 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Glad i banked some of that VSTM bump last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Wombatman wrote: »
    Bought at €59- :(

Hopefully to big to fail.

Too big and strategically important to fail, for sure.

But if/when government authorities have to jump in to save the company, not sure the first thing they will have in mind will be the interest of the shareholders :-/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Bob24 wrote: »
    Too big and strategically important to fail, for sure.

But if/when government authorities have to jump in to save the company, not sure the first thing they will have in mind will be the interest of the shareholders :-/

If it is anything like the bank bailouts then shareholders will take a massive hit and possibly even wiped out more or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Cruise liners on some big rises so far today (6-7% up) oh and Tesla up almost 10% now.

Hope that poster on here didn’t short on $750 as they were saying they might.. it’s nearly $800 now.

I went for a few Enbridge this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Maxx are you still watching Airbus .... down to €50 today ... but the news coming out from them is NOT good

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0427/1134991-bleak-outlook-from-airbus/ :eek:

if it was really going down the tubes , the SP would be down a lot more than it is today , its down because it has been tracking the fortunes of Boeing and it reports on wednesday , airbus reports the same day , wouldnt be surprised if both rise despite awful news , if the overall market is weak , thats different of course

GameStop is moving up again today.

This is an article I found that seems to explain why:

[url] https://blog.tipranks.com/gamestop-activist-hestia-capital-urges-shareholders-to-vote-for-change/[/url]

Edit: Up 13% right now at lunch time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

There was a poster here a week or so ago who was going to short tesla. Please tell me yous didn't lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,792 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Can't see Tesla staying as strong, wouldn't be surprised to see a 40% drop in the next 3/6 months.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

GameStop is moving up again today.

This is an article I found that seems to explain why:

[url] https://blog.tipranks.com/gamestop-activist-hestia-capital-urges-shareholders-to-vote-for-change/[/url]

Edit: Up 13% right now at lunch time.

Also read on some forums that there is a very disproportionate amount of shorts on GME and that this may be triggering a “Short-Squeeze”.

Some posts mentioned as many as 80% - 99% shares are shorted (surely that can’t be right?)

I know very little about these things, and don’t really have access to details of Short Ratios (also read about that metric) to check these out myself.

Obviously random forum posters could be posting total BS (present company excluded lol). Anyone have any thoughts?

I’ve been holding a few of these for the past month. Wondering how this rise and the news in the Article night play out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Can't see Tesla staying as strong, wouldn't be surprised to see a 40% drop in the next 3/6 months.

You equally wouldn't be surprised to see a 40% rise.

Cruise liners on some big rises so far today (6-7% up) oh and Tesla up almost 10% now.

Hope that poster on here didn’t short on $750 as they were saying they might.. it’s nearly $800 now.

I went for a few Enbridge this morning.

They were originally going to short at 570....

Bob Harris wrote: »
    They were originally going to short at 570....

Yikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,792 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Bob Harris wrote: »
    You equally wouldn't be surprised to see a 40% rise.

Haha anything is possible with Tesla!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Also read on some forums that there is a very disproportionate amount of shorts on GME and that this may be triggering a “Short-Squeeze”.

Some posts mentioned as many as 80% - 99% shares are shorted (surely that can’t be right?)

I know very little about these things, and don’t really have access to details of Short Ratios (also read about that metric) to check these out myself.

Obviously random forum posters could be posting total BS (present company excluded lol). Anyone have any thoughts?

I’ve been holding a few of these for the past month. Wondering how this rise and the news in the Article night play out?

Here’s another article re GameStop for those intetested:

[url] https://seekingalpha.com/article/4340082-gamestop-shorts-are-riding-tiger-not-knowing-how-to-get-off-without-being-eaten[/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭theboringfox

I am optimistic on Airbus longer term. It is in a duopoly and there will always be a market for planes. I do not see nationalisation occurring. They will have no issues securing funding. I take comfort they are taking the tough decisions to see it through. Low oil prices a killer too. But I think this company has a really bright future. Plus its competitor is in the same boat. No idea where share price bottoms out at but I do not see a world where in 5 years these shares are not a bargain at this price. But I should add to that I ultimately havent a clue:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,126 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Up 44.26% today on top of the 17% the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,898 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yikes what happened with boards fav VSTM today?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Thargor wrote: »
    Yikes what happened with boards fav VSTM today?

Thought that was A40/Taw? :D

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭peterofthebr

Up 44.26% today on top of the 17% the other day.

nice!..any other stiocks on your watchlist? :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

nice!..any other stiocks on your watchlist? :-)

To be fair to that poster, he spotted that stock presumably over the weekend. It actually opened at 1.88 on Monday and closed at 2.02. A nice bit of profit but unless you have access to pre market you aren't ever going to get that 40% unless you're in way before the news.

GME would have netted you an even bigger gain. Numbers always look good on paper but it's really about the play.

FYI: I was looking at AYTU since Friday but bought open Monday. Going to hold it for the week and take a gamble.

Kilboor wrote: »
    To be fair to that poster, he spotted that stock presumably over the weekend. It actually opened at 1.88 on Monday and closed at 2.02. A nice bit of profit but unless you have access to pre market you aren't ever going to get that 40% unless you're in way before the news.

GME would have netted you an even bigger gain. Numbers always look good on paper but it's really about the play.

FYI: I was looking at AYTU since Friday but bought open Monday. Going to hold it for the week and take a gamble.

sitting on my hands waiting for another sell-off or a couple of circut breakers to kick on-which every day it looks further and further away.. which is good in a way..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

VSTM very disappointing as the P1 results are fairly in line with what I would have expected. 67% ORR in LGSOC which makes the HUGE selloff all the more confusing. It's a disease with very few treatment options. The sell of was intitiated by a 3M share dump on open, which I'd suggest had to be premeditated... I think I'll swing trade it from now on.

AYTU gas very had to figure out this one. A third owned by Sabby always the talk of Stocktwits.... The stock has licence agreement for America, Canada, Mexico for a Chineese COVID antibody test which claims 90% reliability. There is poor PR in terms of who used what and when and who has ordered what. Susposidly 500k sold, 1M ordered best I can work out.... Then there is the Trump and Healight scandal. Again, licensed technology developed at a plush LA hospital over the last few years. Steralising virus and bacterial in the trachea using filtered IR light. Perhaps, can give an improvement for little cost. Don't think it would ever have the capacity to cure someone at best reduce time in ICU. The stock feels very smoke and mirrors. Again, seems setup for swing trades such is the volatitiliy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

OwlsZat wrote: »
    VSTM very disappointing as the P1 results are fairly in line with what I would have expected. 67% ORR in LGSOC which makes the HUGE selloff all the more confusing. It's a disease with very few treatment options. The sell of was intitiated by a 3M share dump on open, which I'd suggest had to be premeditated... I think I'll swing trade it from now on.

AYTU gas very had to figure out this one. A third owned by Sabby always the talk of Stocktwits.... The stock has licence agreement for America, Canada, Mexico for a Chineese COVID antibody test which claims 90% reliability. There is poor PR in terms of who used what and when and who has ordered what. Susposidly 500k sold, 1M ordered best I can work out.... Then there is the Trump and Healight scandal. Again, licensed technology developed at a plush LA hospital over the last few years. Steralising virus and bacterial in the trachea using filtered IR light. Perhaps, can give an improvement for little cost. Don't think it would ever have the capacity to cure someone at best reduce time in ICU. The stock feels very smoke and mirrors. Again, seems setup for swing trades such is the volatitiliy.

Feel exactly the same about AYTU. I don't see real value but I do see snake oil and if people believe then I'm happy to ride the rocket and sell for a profit. Not my usual play but this is an unusual market.

OwlsZat wrote: »

The data was good for VSTM - I think that it was based on such a small sample didn't help apart from the fact it seemed like some sort of coordinated dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

I think the stock market balloon (especially US one) is now blown to the limits and ready to pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭crushproof

Kilboor wrote: »
    Feel exactly the same about AYTU. I don't see real value but I do see snake oil and if people believe then I'm happy to ride the rocket and sell for a profit. Not my usual play but this is an unusual market.

Sold half of AYTU holdings yesterday for a nice profit. Fair play to whoever first shared them on here! Going to hold for another upward swing and then sell of. Pure snake oil

dont forget 70% of the us market is traded by machines.. to it can fall VERY fast

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TheWatcher182

voluntary wrote: »
    I think the stock market balloon (especially US one) is now blown to the limits and ready to pop.

Worried that too myself regarding US. Why do you think that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

Worried that too myself regarding US. Why do you think that?

Just a common sense. The worst economic crisis since the WW1 and the market optimism not seen since whatever. Tons of "John, the taxi driver" investors storming the brokerage firms in hope to "buy low" and ones who didn't buy low are buying now in fear of FOMO.

I just don't believe this has legs.

Advertisement