Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 21 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

munster87 wrote: »
    Mooy looked decent last day but hasn’t had many returns previous

Can't stretch to 4.8 unless I keep Moura and remove Maddison.

Guess it comes down to Maddison + Saka or Moura and Mooy/Cantwell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Down to 87points

Exact same difference between me and my main rival! He's 2k, I'm 160k. I've actually stopped taking punts and differentials, just focusing on my OR and I find that works best. Chips, captaincy choices and the odd differential player will be the biggest ways in which the gap will close. Best of luck, let's see how we get on come May :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Salah -> KDB
    Alli -> Maddison
    Greenwood -> Jiminez

-4 hit

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Rick to Cantwell and Connoly to Ings
    Or
    Ricky to Martial and Conolly to Gerry D?

Or shoukd I keep Ricky? And offload Grealish instead?

I've two FT but struggling for ideas. Aurier is also a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

siblers wrote: »
    Rick to Cantwell and Connoly to Ings
    Or
    Ricky to Martial and Conolly to Gerry D?

Or shoukd I keep Ricky? And offload Grealish instead?

I've two FT but struggling for ideas. Aurier is also a problem

Aurier is a disaster alright, tempted to ditch him over Kelly but he at least has attacking potential.
    That said Spurs are awful.

Prefer the Martial one of the above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Any reason for Willian dropping back to on/off bench duties? Feels wrong considering getting him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,363 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Think I'll just roll with B. Convinced myself
    Any better 4.5 mids? Dendocker?

https://twitter.com/fantasyfootyfix/status/1211702601538064385?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I did alli and aurier to traore and taa. Not happy with selling alli as he could easily have had a big score against Norwich but watching a Liverpool game without owning TAA is terrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

I did alli and aurier to traore and taa. Not happy with selling alli as he could easily have had a big score against Norwich but watching a Liverpool game without owning TAA is terrifying.

Same reasoning led me to Alli > Sarr and Tomori > TAA.

Shedite27 wrote: »

Only have 4.5 unfortunately. Think I'd rather keep Maddison than Moura. That 0.4m makes such a difference :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,660 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Did Lundstram and Abraham for TAA and Mousett, was only way to get TAA into my team, still not happy with the defense but until Aguero shows like he's getting 2/3 a game i'll hold off on WC.

Alli and Kelly to Gomez and Martial

I don't think there will be too many goals in the next few Liverpool games so happy enough to roll without TAA and reassess before the DGW. Plan is to get him then but price rises might mean he's out of reach.

That ridiculous match aside he's not been scoring that many more than VVD and Robbo.

Think I'll just roll with B. Convinced myself
    Any better 4.5 mids? Dendocker?

Just get him and forget about it, he's the best of them

Only have 4.5 unfortunately. Think I'd rather keep Maddison than Moura. That 0.4m makes such a difference :(

Judging by those stats Tetley is best 4.5 mid in almost everything. Dendonker has more points as Tetley missed a few games earleir in the year. Dendonker is playing CB now, he is .1 cheaper too

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Judging by those stats Tetley is best 4.5 mid in almost everything. Dendonker has more points as Tetley missed a few games earleir in the year. Dendonker is playing CB now, he is .1 cheaper too

That's better, that's Tettey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Are Sidibe or TAA expected to go up in price this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Tusky wrote: »
    Are Sidibe or TAA expected to go up in price this week?

TAA currently at 76% towards a rise, Sidibé at 96%. I’d say they won’t rise tonight but both could rise tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

You will likely regret it later in the year, your team can't be that bad

Nonsense. This idea that you have to keep your WC for the DGWs has been proven to be a false one on here. If ur team is in bad shape then holding onto a WC is a terrible idea

It's funny you mention that. I just brought in Fornals. I think he's a hidden gem

Thanks, I’ve been looking for a punt. It’s him Traore, Grealish, Sarr or Willian

km79 wrote: »
    Sidibe is without a doubt the Everton defender to own
    But yes not this week

Why Sidibe over Digne? Cause he was OOP this week?

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »

Digne seems to be off corners under the new manager, its a big part of owning an attacking fb in terms of chances created.

Ive no idea if he is still on free kicks but you gotta imagine not>

Hard to know all round but I'd watch another game before punting on either.

DCL for me is also very technique wise poor so i think one who will frustrate going forward, both his finishes at the weekend were very poor given his time.

Everton a big wait and see for me

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Would anyone recommend swapping Martial for Richarlison?

I'm thinking Martial might have an easier time against Arsenal than Richarlison will have against City.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Rael wrote: »
    Would anyone recommend swapping Martial for Richarlison?

I'm thinking Martial might have an easier time against Arsenal than Richarlison will have against City.

Arsenal were pretty good defensively until Leno's brain fart and Mustafi won't be starting, I don't think it'll be a walkover for United.

Digne hasn't has an assist since week 11, Digne has had 4 since then. He's also far more dangerous looking from open play from what I've seen of them (watched their first halves versus Arsenal and Newcastle recently). Digne hasn't been on freekicks this year (Siggy taking them) which seems to be the bulk of his goals last year. Also Sidibe is no mug, was in the squad that won the world cup with France last year. I dn't believe the OOP will be a regular thing, that seemed to be a one week thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

No
    I’ve watched (unfortunately) 3 or 4 of their last few games and he has been extremely impressive in all
    Even when he is RB in a 4 he is very attacking with excellent delivery
    He is one of my main transfer targets in new year

I remember even when they were conceding week after week FFS scout kept saying their Xg concedes should have been much lower . Individual mistakes were costing them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Should've done it a while ago but what do people think of swapping Sterling for Salah for no hit.

Sterling starting to find a little bit of FPL form but still wildly inconsistent all season. Should have got rid a long time ago.

Salah is Salah really, more points potential IMO.

Fancy Salah to outscore Sterling this GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭bodking

I'm thinking of Zaha - West ham mid .5 in the bank in prep for GW 24 . Zaha is away to Norwich whilst WH are home to Bournemouth , should I wait till next week and have a double transfer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭bodking

Should've done it a while ago but what do people think of swapping Sterling for Salah for no hit.

Sterling starting to find a little bit of FPL form but still wildly inconsistent all season. Should have got rid a long time ago.

It all depends on your team set up so can't really help you on this .

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

If you don't already have him I would do Raz to KDB first. If you have KDB then its a good move IMO. Usually with the premiums my policy is to stick with I have because they should return to their norm over longer periods of the season and switching risks missing out on good weeks after a bad spell. I broke my own rule and got stung recently switching from Mo to Mane and missing Mo's returns. Currently I have Mo Mane and KDB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

bodking wrote: »
    I'm thinking of Zaha - West ham mid .5 in the bank in prep for GW 24 . Zaha is away to Norwich whilst WH are home to Bournemouth , should I wait till next week and have a double transfer ?

Antonio or Anderson could be worth a punt but Moyes doesn't inspire much confidence so not sure how much of a bounce there will be

Norwich are poor and Palace are better away from home, I'd nearly bank if I were you

Advertisement