Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 21 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

People, do you think it's worth taking Ings out for Jimenez for the next couple of weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

There's so many players I want, can't decide between them,

Vardy, Rashford, Ings, KDB, Kun, Sterling, Martial, Salah, Mane, Jiminez, Tammy(price and fixtures), Traore (price), TAA, Robertson...........

Who to choose

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭sheroman01

People, do you think it's worth taking Ings out for Jimenez for the next couple of weeks?

I'd keep him for Spurs game, but after that it's not a bad transfer. It's hard to dump him though, he's so consistent. I'll keep him for another 3/4 GWs and if I see signs of him dropping off form and I'll likely bring in Jimi then.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I'd keep him for Spurs game, but after that it's not a bad transfer. It's hard to dump him though, he's so consistent. I'll keep him for another 3/4 GWs and if I see signs of him dropping off form and I'll likely bring in Jimi then.

I think I agree, Shero. Ings is a stud for so cheap.

My transfer instincts have been poor so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

eh i dunno wrote: »
    I would go for Holgate. Sidibie will be fighting with Coleman for right back and Holgate has been our best defender recently. Digne should be back in for baines on Wednesday too

Hooked ya!
    Holgate for the never again Lord Stram at 5.2:eek:. Will you buy a CB in Jan?
    Digne for me but cheap Holgate is appealing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

My team at the moment:

Ryan, Stekelenburg

Dunk, Kelly, Evans, Baldock, Lundstram
    Richarlison, Maddison, Mané, KDB, Cantwell
    Vardy, Ings, Abraham

I took TAA out just before the Leicester and regret it ever since. What's the general consensus on the following for this week:

Ryan, Stekelenburg

Dunk, Kelly, TAA, Baldock, Lundstram
    Richarlison, Traoré, Mané, KDB, Cantwell
    Vardy, Ings, Jiménez

All opinions would be gratefully appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Rael wrote: »
    My team at the moment:

Ryan, Stekelenburg

Dunk, Kelly, Evans, Baldock, Lundstram
    Richarlison, Maddison, Mané, KDB, Cantwell
    Vardy, Ings, Abraham

I took TAA out just before the Leicester and regret it ever since. What's the general consensus on the following for this week:

Ryan, Stekelenburg

Dunk, Kelly, TAA, Baldock, Lundstram
    Richarlison, Traoré, Mané, KDB, Cantwell
    Vardy, Ings, Jiménez

All opinions would be gratefully appreciated.

Keep Leicester.
    Baldock and Ricky out?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,687 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

ElTel wrote:
    2 FTs and unsure what to do. Like the look of Everton, defender (which one) and DCL to replace King but a week early. The CBs from Brighton are tempting but again poor match this week. Have Perez in my head too. Will wait on pressers.

eh i dunno wrote:
    I would go for Holgate. Sidibie will be fighting with Coleman for right back and Holgate has been our best defender recently. Digne should be back in for baines on Wednesday too

I've had holegate for 3 weeks now and he's been a shining light in an otherwise cloudy few weeks... apart from CS he's also hit the post and had two shots cleared off the line. Another goal is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

ElTel wrote: »
    Can get Gomez in for free as Liverpool cover (probably get TAA/Robbo as well for the double)

Is that cover for the sake of cover?

I don't think so. Has looked the part (and speedier) than the injured two so I would say he's a better pick than VVD. If you're going two it has to be TAA and then you ask if it'll hinder buying Keita, Firmino….

I'm not expecting Lovren/Matip to play until February.

Kelly probably only had one Gameweek (when he won't be benched) left at best before Ward is back[/QUOTE]

It's more appealing if you're late on Kelly. Some may pick up Ward when he's fit (Keeping Kelly) and cover one spot in their squad very cheaply.

If you want two Liverpool defenders take the Hit for TAA now or next week or roll your FT? Rotation :eek: :eek:

My first reaction was to say, roll your transfer but …...I'm waffling.

Is that cover for the sake of cover? Yes :o:)

Your first paragraph convinced me!

The second confused me again :o:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

ElTel wrote: »
    Hooked ya!
    Holgate for the never again Lord Stram at 5.2:eek:. Will you buy a CB in Jan?
    Digne for me but cheap Holgate is appealing.

I'd imagine CB will be a priority alright as we only have mina, Holgate and the woeful Keane. But if they get a few more wins they might wait until the summer to buy a CB. Digne hasn't been as good this season so hopefully ancelloti can get more out of him

• Advertisement

I think calm down with the transfers.

Carry it.

Fa cup fixtures. League cup fixtures.

Transfer window open.

I’ll be making minimal transfers until February.

Everton, Arsenal, West Ham and others will be signing new players.

I especially wouldn’t buy any Everton player yet as I think he’ll buy.

They’ll all be FPL transfers in and possibly transfers out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Was tempted to upgrade Dendoncker to Traore with my FT but hard to justify as my midfield and attack are all good to start.

Back looking at my defence now as the absence of Lundstram (and some rough Sheffield United fixtures) makes it look shaky. I've got Pereira, Kelly and Dunk, as well as Winston Reid. With 1.1 in the bank, I think I'll dump Reid but I can't settle on any specific replacements.

Gomez? Liverpool have tough games coming up and I've Alisson in goal.
    Soyuncu? Double Leicester...
    Someone from Wolves maybe?

Anyone "must have" defensive cover teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

My get KdB in mission is narrowed down to 3 choices:

A) Grealish/Maddison to KdB/4.9mid: Probably Mooy/Cantwell

B) Grealish/Moura to KdB/4.5 mid: Probably Saka

C) Tammy/Moura to DCL/KdB

Leaning towards B. Any opinions?
    Definitely not banking or waiting any longer. KdB is one of the main reasons rivals are way ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Need to find some differential between the guys top of my money league...

Have pulled 12 points of the leader over the last 3 weeks, but the only differences in our teams are

My Team
    Ryan, Perieria, Maddison & Ings - Deodonker

His Team
    Heaton, Soya, Martial & Jimi - Hayden

Otherwise our squads are identical...need to start pulling back some points

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Need to find some differential between the guys top of my money league...

Have pulled 12 points of the leader over the last 3 weeks, but the only differences in our teams are

My Team
    Ryan, Perieria, Maddison & Ings - Deodonker

His Team
    Heaton, Soya, Martial & Jimi - Hayden

Otherwise our squads are identical...need to start pulling back some points

What's the points difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,563 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I did Targett to Dunk as I don't want an injured player on my bench as well as Lundstram being a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Have been 100% casual this year lads, just had a couple of very good weeks though, so starting to take an interest.

Not seeing a whole lot wrong with my team but have 2 fts. Might as well try the old reliables on boards for an opinion!

Pope (Button)
    Soyuncu, Rico, TAA, Lundstram, Montoya.
    Kdb, Mane, Alli, Grealish, Cantwell
    Vardy, Tammy, Rashford
    0.3m in bank.

Only got Grealish 2 weeks ago, but he's not looking as shiny already. Tammy the other potentially for the chop, but he looked decent vs Arsenal and could get a run of points any time.

Grealish to Traore or Tammy to Jiminez were the obvious options. A bit wary of selling Tammy prematurely and regretting it.

Anything else jumping out. Should I do something with the defence?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

PARlance wrote: »
    What's the points difference?

Down to 87points

FHFC wrote: »
    Have been 100% casual this year lads, just had a couple of very good weeks though, so starting to take an interest.

Not seeing a whole lot wrong with my team but have 2 fts. Might as well try the old reliables on boards for an opinion!

Pope (Button)
    Vardy, Tammy, Rashford
    0.3m in bank.

Only got Grealish 2 weeks ago, but he's not looking as shiny already. Tammy the other potentially for the chop, but he looked decent vs Arsenal and could get a run of points any time.

Grealish to Traore or Tammy to Jiminez were the obvious options. A bit wary of selling Tammy prematurely and regretting it.

Grealish to Traore or maybe Sarr? Looks like a fun player to own and nice fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭munster87

Chances of de Bruyne being rested?

• Advertisement

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Down to 87points

It's a tough one, even the differences are performing similar. I do prefer his Martial over Maddison though. Even though it's a big gap I would nearly say to focus on a few differential captains and your chips. If you could half the gap over next 10 GWs then I would go a bit nuts then.

At the moment you would be punting against players that are performing and that's dangerous.

FHFC wrote: »

Pope (Button)
    Vardy, Tammy, Rashford
    0.3m in bank.

Tammy looked very good, I'm probably getting him back in again. Not sure if Pogba will take some penos off Rashford, if so, maybe Rashford to Ings and Grealish to Martial?

I have both Rashford and Martial but Martial is the one I want to have if he can stay fit.

If feeling punty, Pukki has been very unlucky not to have had a few huge hauls of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,509 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

munster87 wrote: »
    Chances of de Bruyne being rested?

I presumed he would have got it already. Maybe they'll just not play him in the cup at this stage, but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Really want to get Aguero in but the memories of him getting rested for Jesus every third week are still fresh in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Target ----> Gomez
    El Ghazi ----> Cantwell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Thinking Grealish to Traore atm

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭dockysher

Jesus has very good record against everton. So could start on Wednesday

My get KdB in mission is narrowed down to 3 choices:

A) Grealish/Maddison to KdB/4.9mid: Probably Mooy/Cantwell

B) Grealish/Moura to KdB/4.5 mid: Probably Saka

C) Tammy/Moura to DCL/KdB

Leaning towards B. Any opinions?
    Definitely not banking or waiting any longer. KdB is one of the main reasons rivals are way ahead

Think I'll just roll with B. Convinced myself
    Any better 4.5 mids? Dendocker?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Dendonker is playing deep and has spent a lot of time at CB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭munster87

Mooy looked decent last day but hasn’t had many returns previous

Advertisement