Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options
1322323324325326328»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Haha! I'm OK thanks, Widders. Just couldn't see properly because of migraine to edit my sh1tty typing. I noticed your 'philosophical' post last night and assumed you'd had some of 'mother nature's healing plant" in some forms or other!

No just some of mainstream medicine's...glad that has passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

@Smurf, Big hotels use a mad amount of electricity.

Did you figure out what the aircon setup is ?

Important that you map out the WiFi...

Challenge : find and remove an AP without it being missed :D

0lddog wrote: »
    Couldnt find any cowslips yesterday but came across a snail that had managed to set up house in a crabapple blossom ( WTF :confused: )

Homeside - just a bit to cool for comfort

Y'all mind yourselves, please ! :)

Unusual red flowers for crab apple, reminds me of Japanese Quince. Gorgeous :)

Vyacheslav Mishchenko is a photographer who made a "tiny world of snails" series of photos. They're very cute.

No just some of mainstream medicine's...glad that has passed.

If you were DD that would mean Merlot :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In bed waiting to fall asleep.
    One sheep
    Two sheep
    Old mc Donald had a farm

• Advertisement

On the couch eating sour cream n onion ripples because someone reminded me of them over on forum games and I got a pack with my shopping this morning. Necro was right... Not as nice as they used to be.

I'm in a great mood right now because a few days ago my Granny developed a wheezy cough and got tested for covid. But I'm after getting news that the results are in and she's negative. Plus the antibiotics she was prescribed are working and she's much improved. Serious relief. Maybe I'll even sleep tonight! ;)

Unusual red flowers for crab apple, reminds me of Japanese Quince. Gorgeous :)

Vyacheslav Mishchenko is a photographer who made a "tiny world of snails" series of photos. They're very cute.

It may very well be a quince. FWIW beside it was a plant with similar shape but pinkish white flowers.

Going walk-side. If my excuse for a memory:( manages to recall this will look up quince and crabapple on return

• Registered Users Posts: 12,083 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Tech desk. Working on 2013 memories. Listening to The Sisters of Mercy. Gonna crak open a beer shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

House party time. It's not perfect but will do.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sitting bedside
    On the couch eating sour cream n onion ripples

I've lost all respect for you.........

great news about your granny.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Watching episode five of Wild Wild Country, if you have any interest in cults this is riveting..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

In the kitchen after finishing some burritos I made with the chilli con carne from yesterday.

The more eagled eyed among the Wherers may have noticed a prominence of food in my posts over the last while...
    I have been trying to meal plan and set up deliveries for the next few weeks to use up what I have and only buy what I need given there’s such long lead times. It’s a bit of a challenge to use up fresh ingredients on time when you live on your own but so far so good. Freezer is full, fridge is emptying. If I get this right there could be a cookery book in it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@Smurf, Big hotels use a mad amount of electricity.
    Did you figure out what the aircon setup is ?
    Important that you map out the WiFi...
    Challenge : find and remove an AP without it being missed :D

I can well believe the electricity usage, that was one of the issues that they had giving us rooms as they only waned to open a limited number of floors. I changed room again today and I still haven’t worked out how the light switches work, the bedroom has 11 switches, but whatever combination I use, it’s either all on or all off, never just a nice reading light :)
    Now if I knew what an AP was, I might convince my two non-sensible and totally bored colleagues to set that as our mission tomorrow :)
    And how do I map out a WIFI?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

smurfjed wrote: »
    Woke up to an email, all colleagues in this hotel tested negative and will be tested every week hence forth, but here is the kicker, to help us beat this thing, we are all now confined to the hotel, even those that have families down the road.

Feck it, time for a Nespresso.

Hi smurfjed...hope you are keeping well. :) Following your posts here for the past few months and it struck me - do you ever get “home” to wherever home is? Do you have family who are missing you?

Lazy day today - still in my PJs. But will get dressed shortly, get out for a 45 min walk in the park. I have to add to my crazy dream log and finish off building my LEGO Apollo 11 Moon Lander set.

I phoned the old college acquaintance who just lost his wife in tragic circumstances - told him that I knew words of comfort might not seem helpful at this point - he was very monotonic and seemed like he was in a daze. Told me he was very thankful for my phone call. Poor guy - I can only imagine what he is going through. :(

Looking at the news at the moment and it really does seem like the rate of Covid-19 infections here is really starting to come down a lot. There have been less than 200 deaths here compared to 4,000 in the UK. As sad and regrettable as each death is, this is actually very good news and I think shows that the early school closures and phased lockdown decision by the govt was indeed the right one. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Tech desk. Working on 2013 memories. Listening to The Sisters of Mercy. Gonna crak open a beer shortly.

"In the temple of love shine like thunder"

Awaiting my child's gluten-free pizza

smurfjed wrote: »
    I can well believe the electricity usage, that was one of the issues that they had giving us rooms as they only waned to open a limited number of floors. I changed room again today and I still haven’t worked out how the light switches work, the bedroom has 11 switches, but whatever combination I use, it’s either all on or all off, never just a nice reading light :)
    Now if I knew what an AP was, I might convince my two non-sensible and totally bored colleagues to set that as our mission tomorrow :)
    And how do I map out a WIFI?

*** Cough Cough - Access Point. Play Store - WiFi analyser Apps - Cough Cough ***

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

"In the temple of love shine like thunder"

This has inspired me to get dressed up in my black gear tomorrow. You're never too old to goth up.

Mission complete! I got my photo of the bumblebee today. Bet you all thought I couldn't. Bet you thought I'd be running around my garden like a lunatic after one b@stard bumble while he taunted me with his buzzing. Ha! Well how wrong you were!!! I am not a failure!!!!!! You don't even have to look at the attached photo of the Polaroid I took but you can if REALLY don't believe me I suppose!

Drying my hair. I'm alarmed by the fire ash filth that washes off it. It cant be healthy, if everything has to be dusted every 2 days and even I get coated in ash, we must be breathing it in as well.
    I love my stove, but it's a bit worrying.
    Wondering what I'll be doing on my birthday.
    Just heard from ex husband. Have to see him face to face for a legal matter this week.
    Going to make more brownies.
    Baking is part of the routine now.
    Also during my epic housecleaning this week I found the nutri ninja. One of very few things I ever bought and did not use.
    I meant to make homemade Nutella and smoothies with it but now it will be used for soup, to use up leftover dinner (roast chicken for soup) or odd solitary vegetables.

Lockdown cookbook could be a hit, Poochie :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mission complete! I got my photo of the bumblebee today. Bet you all thought I couldn't. Bet you thought I'd be running around my garden like a lunatic after one b@stard bumble while he taunted me with his buzzing. Ha! Well how wrong you were!!! I am not a failure!!!!!! You don't even have to look at the attached photo of the Polaroid I took but you can if REALLY don't believe me I suppose!

Congrats......but If I didn't know any better I'd say you drew that........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,083 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Sardonicat wrote: »
    This has inspired me to get dressed up in my black gear tomorrow. You're never too old to goth up.

I've cooled it down a bit with The Mission and a few beers.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

*** Cough Cough - Access Point. Play Store - WiFi analyser Apps - Cough Cough ***

0lddog, 10 cool points for the mischief! ::D:D:D

Couchside after eating a Thai green curry I made. Feeling roundly! Tried our the new Need for Speed earlier.. didn’t take long for me to turn it off.. I love the idea of gaming but I’m AWFUL at it!

On a side note, I saw this on my walk earlier (staying within 2km don’t worry :)). It’s pretty cool.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

BuileBeag I'm loving your bumbóg don't mind Seph :p

Trundling to work now.

Congrats......but If I didn't know any better I'd say you drew that........

I told you my camera was crap!

Trundling to work now.

Thank you! ;)

Kitchen making dinner
    I told you my camera was crap!

Oh sure your "camera" hmmmm

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Watching episode five of Wild Wild Country, if you have any interest in cults this is riveting..

It is mad . Absolutely crazy how they idolised Bhagwan , he gave me the creeps tbh .

Kitchen , soon to retire to the sitting room for a while :)

Trundling to work now.

Ah is that what bumbóg means :)

@Smurf, There may or may not be some truth in the rumour that IamMetaldave is a dab hand at jumping through TCP/IP loopholes and cracking admin passwords. :D

*** Cough - search for default AP password once you know brand from WiFi analyser :p - cough ***

• Advertisement

I'd like to believe that you took that photograph but did you really ? Or did you get Persepoly to take it for you ? :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement