Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Really? I didn't know. Do you know if that's a subscription service?

You can get kindle unlimited and you can read as many books as you like and I think I it’s €9.99 a month or it could be less

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

I'm reading but trying to preserve the book by reading slowly because libraries are now closed and I don't own a kindle :)

Dont know what L.A. does your library - hopefully they provide similar to Fingal Co Co

Fingal provide access to 'Borrowbox' :

https://www.fingal.ie/council/service/fingal-library-eservices-online-courses

BorrowBox - eBooks and eAudio

BorrowBox, from Bolinda, offers a huge range of adult and junior eBooks and eAudiobooks. Simply follow the link and register with your library card number and PIN. Or download the BorrowBox app from your app store to enjoy eBooks and audiobooks on the go with your mobile or tablet! (Please register your card first on our BorrowBox website before downloading the app)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,085 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Thanks everyone.
    I try to limit my screen time hence the paper books but desperate times..

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Thanks everyone.

Audiobooks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Thanks everyone.

A lot of online bookstores have free books, if they are past a certain age you can download them for free, might be old books, but some great classics are free, I know this from my reading addict Mrs. Don't know if this is any help Purple but if it is good luck.
    Watching TV and having a cuppa, time for bed soon goodnight all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tae and netflix for me, but I'll be floating if anyone needs a chat..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Bedside waiting for news ... my lovely sister has been in the labour ward for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I hope all goes well, honeybear, it must be a lonely time for her with the current restrictions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

honeybear wrote: »
    Bedside waiting for news ... my lovely sister has been in the labour ward for ages.

My own sister is due Tuesday week, worried about her with everything that's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,860 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

B!tchy witchy glitchy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

I'm reading but trying to preserve the book by reading slowly because libraries are now closed and I don't own a kindle :)

There are millions of free books available for every kind of phone, tablet or computer. Just have a look...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112869338&postcount=7155

📚😁

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    B!tchy witchy glitchy

Poor Mam. Its a pain in the hoop :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Night all. Just off a video call with himself. Time to crank up Netflix before sleep. Once again, thanks for the giggles. You are each and every one, a star. ×

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sardonicat wrote: »
    . You are each and every one, a star. ×

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Really? I didn't know. Do you know if that's a subscription service?

I've never paid anything for it.

I subscribe to an optional thing called Kindle Unlimited which lets you read quite a lot of books for nothing. Apart from the subscription fee which is a few £'s a month, I think. Apart from that I only pay for books that aren't offered under that service.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,085 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Goodnight everyone.
    Thanks to all for the book advice because I'm really lost without the library and I'm home from work for the foreseeable too so need to adapt my reading habits.
    I tried Borrowbox but it's not accepting my usual log in details so my library has an email service going so I've sent a query but if that fails I'll explore the other options.
    Thanks to boards.ie for keeping people connected during this time.
    I'm really missing my work and seeing extended family like aunts, cousins and of course friends but this website makes me feel less lonely.
    Good night.

To thine own self be true

Poor Mam. Its a pain in the hoop :(

It's ok Grem , I sing Anastacias Left Outside Alone to myself at this point :)

Honeybear , hope you get news soon , I know you won't rest until you do ,

Seph , best wishes to your sister too this week , they will be rays of sunshine and happiness in the midst of this battlefield :)

Monday Monday :)

Ffs :mad:

I can never seem to find that mid point of being able to post and still see the page , hoping I've given it enough time :p

• Advertisement

Nope ha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

So some can't see and some post twice. What bunnioch..

Grem , I'm still playing Knock Knock here :D

And I'm through the Glitchy Door !

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Grem , I'm still playing Knock Knock here :D

And I'm through the Glitchy Door !

I'm thinking of maxwell smarts cone of silence :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sweet dreams all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Mak. I thought tattoos would be a nono in your line of work or would that just be visible ones?

Neck and hands only.

I've tattoo's on my arms, shoulders, legs, back and chest.

The leg tattoo's you can see here are a Judo and part of a Led Zeppelin tattoo.

So started Ozark, love it.. Highly recommended.

Sitting by the fire. Rubbing Coconut oil into my poor sore hands. Heading down the YouTube rabbit hole.

• Advertisement

Watching a Turkish show on netflix. This could be a long night :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement