Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Coffeeside, no curnie cake here. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Autosport wrote: »
    I prefer plain soda as I'm not a fan of currants.

Thanks for the funny pic as always Auto, we’re all raisin a smile because of you. I am grapeful for them anyway. Tell me though are you still keeping up with currant events? I best go, I’m trying to arrange a blind date which I hope will make me berry happy.

rYCdPLf.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Wondering how many hours I can eek out of making the Sunday roast.
    In a funny mood today. Have a load of stuff to do but not arsed to do any of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,142 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

That shopping trip was easy. Got all I needed. Beef in the oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod

This is meant to be a friendly light-hearted place. Play nice, I know we are all getting tetchy in the current climate.

Couple of posts deleted & tidied up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭wildwillow

anewme wrote: »
    Ahh we called that cake Spotty Dog.

Theres a go to recipe for tea brack here on boards if you have one of those fruit mixes.. If you like a nice brack, its fab. Could be tempted to throw in a dash of something else! I make it for the office and they all love it.
    We called it bicycle cake when my aunt made it meaning there was a good distance been the currants.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

wildwillow wrote: »
    We called it bicycle cake when my aunt made it meaning there was a good distance been the currants.

:D

I needed that laugh, hilarious!

We called it currnie bread too. My Granny made the best currnie bread in Ireland. My partners mam makes great currnie bread as well (but they don't call it that.) It is such comfort food, with loads of real butter and a mug of tea. Mmmm ..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

"What were your symptoms? Didn't you have that headache above the eyes?"
    "I'd be very worried if I had a headache below the eyes!

Pottering around enjoying the sunshine. My dog is sleeping on her sheepskin by the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Pottering around enjoying the sunshine. My dog is sleeping on her sheepskin by the fire.

How is she doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

anewme wrote: »
    How is she doing?

Not great in that her health has been failing but it's not her time yet. I have pain relief in case she needs it. And my vet's mobile.

She got to see a kitten last night, which made her day. She fusses like mad over them.

I can remember about this time last year I posted on Boards that the vet had been here for her. She had picked up a lot for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Thrown a bizarre concoction of flavours and mixes with some beef, carrots and onions into the slow cooker for dinner later. It's a funny colour but smells nice and hopefully will go down well with mash and garden peas. Now I'm about to don the hazmat suit and do the most dreaded chore if the week - an old man's bathroom deep clean. I reckon I'm probably immune to covid at this stage. Hold me in your thoughts, I'm going in...

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

In from a brief walk with the dog. You'd swear she never gets out from the way she tore down the woods - leaping and tearing like she was a pup instead of nearly 15.

I think the curnie brread you're talking about is called what we call cake bread. Not a fan of currants, but I'm dying for some of my neighbour's homemade brown bread now - I'm fairly sure it's the best in the country. She makes it at the exact same time every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. She told me once she that she spent years wondering why she always had so many visitors right before lunch, and only recently realised everyone (myself included) was timing their visits to be offered a bit of still-warm bread and tea!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

Well in our house my mam used to make curnie cake every week, its was in the shape of a round soda bread but made it white flower and dried fruit (currants =curnie)..it was absolutely delicious,lashings of real butter on top,I'd absolutely love a slice now.

My gran aunt bakes every day, every kind of bread and cake and all absolutely gorgeous, she always says brown cake when talking about brown bread so maybe it's an old fashioned term.

I think I might chance baking something nice this week, unfortunately no point in asking my mam for a recipe as she never measured ingredients when baking bread, just threw stuff in and it always turned out perfectly.

I'm starving now .

I'll keep some for you Duvet

Coffee Traybake cake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Couchside laughing my big fat ass off reading the AH purge thread. So many insults!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Gifted :eek:

I'm speechless, that cake looks amazing and I know it's all for me ;):D

Currently Couchside dreaming about cake :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

gifted wrote: »
    I'll keep some for you Duvet

Coffee Traybake cake

Is that the recipe from the Irish Times yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

smurfjed wrote: »
    Our curfew started at 3pm, I got invited to a meeting with someone with H.R.H in front of his name, so got collected by a lovely Mercedes, drove through totally empty streets and stopped by only two checkpoints.

Enjoyed a great meeting with a bottle of Johnny Walker, got interrupted by some Patriot missiles, and ended up back in my hotel.

I love my life

I want to preorder a copy of Smurf's autobiography.

I'm thinking its gonna be like John Steinbeck's 'Travels with Charley'

Perhaps the working title could be 'Travels with Mutt'

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Thrown a bizarre concoction of flavours and mixes with some beef, carrots and onions into the slow cooker for dinner later. It's a funny colour but smells nice and hopefully will go down well with mash and garden peas. Now I'm about to don the hazmat suit and do the most dreaded chore if the week - an old man's bathroom deep clean. I reckon I'm probably immune to covid at this stage. Hold me in your thoughts, I'm going in...

Thats very good of you but I didnt expect you 'till Tuesday :D

WRT the slow cooker - throw in a few dried apricots next time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Was tinting my brows and lashes, got tickled :mad: with lash tint on and ended up tinting tears down my face in shade blue black. Lord thank god for quarantine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Just popped in...were you all not behaving yourselves? I see poor Ted getting anxious that this PL season is getting declared null & void :)
    Decided to throw on a roast...sure it'll do 2 days... opened a bottle of Aussie Chardonnay....pure tasteless altogether.
    I saw thee is a few peeps from Kildare in here.... Kerry not too well represented...just myself and Sardi-cat .
    I suppose quality over quantity....

Apologies for my ramblings...funny old day today...my father told me not to visit for a while...fair enough... he's looking after himself.......but still.....I worry about the old git

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'm off to see if I can rename myself to Panda Killa Killer

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I'm off to see if I can rename myself to Panda Killa Killer

Is that a hammer I see :D

...my father told me not to visit for a while...fair enough... he's looking after himself.......but still.....I worry about the old git

You do know that in his eyes you will be forever 7 - 8 years old. :D

He probably refers to you as 'the boy' when talking to friends :P

Sometimes its just not possible to win :(

Couchside, doing my duty by a 200gm bar of chocolate

Just popped in...were you all not behaving yourselves? I see poor Ted getting anxious that this PL season is getting declared null & void :)
    Decided to throw on a roast...sure it'll do 2 days... opened a bottle of Aussie Chardonnay....pure tasteless altogether.
    I saw thee is a few peeps from Kildare in here.... Kerry not too well represented...just myself and Sardi-cat .
    I suppose quality over quantity....

Apologies for my ramblings...funny old day today...my father told me not to visit for a while...fair enough... he's looking after himself.......but still.....I worry about the old git

Hey, there's nothing wrong with Kildare people. I lived there for 4 years and sorted them out. They're grand now.

Was tinting my brows and lashes, got tickled :mad: with lash tint on and ended up tinting tears down my face in shade blue black. Lord thank god for quarantine

Pics, now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Did a bit of office work today...basically emails and notes, catch up.

Spotted an envelope which I hadn't spotted when I was tidying the table. Flipping house insurance due today. Thats nearly 300 gone. Ah well.

Went down to our little local shop, no queue, running low on the fresh fruit n veg....hopefully they will stock up tomorrow.

I bought something I never buy....biscuits....I just don't eat them. Except. Chocolate Mikado on special offer. There's 10, so one per day for the next week.

Also, picked up that fruit mix, so going to make that tea brack, the tea is stewing there. Nothing like smell of baking to lift the spirits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Not to worry, you just have to don your goth gear and remember not to laugh or smile for a few days til it washes off. It washes off, right?

I've gotta go medicate a cat. This day is just so bleurgh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

0lddog wrote: »
    You do know that in his eyes you will be forever 7 - 8 years old. :D

He probably refers to you as 'the boy' when talking to friends :P

Sometimes its just not possible to win :(

Couchside, doing my duty by a 200gm bar of chocolate

You're not far wrong...he refers to my brother as
    "The little shít" has done since he was 6...and that was 40 years ago...I was always the good son :D

I have Hagen Daz strawberries & cream, ice-cream for later...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement